Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:44 AM
Default Fixing pixelation
I'm finding that recolours I'm making of a skirt are all ending up with horrible pixelation. I have no idea how to fix it. Is there a tutorial or something on how to fix pixelated clothing? It's not Bodyshop; it shows up in Photoshop too.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 2:25 PM
Have you tried to use the blur tool? I think it due to Saturation thing so try not put it on a high level of Saturation otherwise, I don't know
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 3:45 PM
This is DXT compression you're seeing, It's in pretty much every texture for every somewhat modern game. You can't really fix it because color values get irrecoverably crushed when exporting to .dds format, The easiest way to recolor this with minimal pixelation would probably be the following;
- Convert original layer to gray-scale
- Fill a new layer with a solid color
- Set the filled layer's mode to something like overlay
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:01 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll try redoing them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:49 AM
Ok, I've reduced pixelation somewhat, but because I didn't put them through Bodyshop at all my recolour files are now 2,051 KB. Is that still acceptable or too high?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:32 PM