Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 11:57 PM
Default (Un)fun with Highrise Shells
I've followed some tutorials found in threads here, as well as have watched a couple of YouTube tutorials, and I'm still not "doing it right", I guess.

Essentially, I took one of the highrise shells and plopped it onto a commercial lot (my goal was to make a fancy lounge, not an apartment). I got everything built, and placed the orbs in all the places they should go.

The problem is that the top of the highrise gets "cut off" at the level where I built the club. If I zoom way out, then the shell looks normal except for some odd wall clipping where I made an interior for the upper level (it flickers sometimes). When I zoom in closer, however, I end up seeing into the building, as though I didn't add a roof.

This is becoming pretty frustrating and I'm wondering if there's just something odd about the way I built it that would cause this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:17 AM
It sounds like maybe the low detail textures are messed up; try regenerating them by going to the highest level, and then changing something externally (spraying a terrain paint maybe, or placing/ moving a tree). This should force the textures to refresh.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could post a picture to show us exactly what's happening.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It sounds like maybe the low detail textures are messed up; try regenerating them by going to the highest level, and then changing something externally (spraying a terrain paint maybe, or placing/ moving a tree). This should force the textures to refresh.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could post a picture to show us exactly what's happening.

I ended up removing all of the effected lots.

The textures may have indeed been messed up. When I attempted to do lay down floor tiles outside of the building, it would function as though it were working and yet nothing was visible. Terrain paints also did not work.

Thank you for the response.