Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hotel restaurant not working/espresso stand NPC stands on sidewalk and won't move
I am converting the lovely Mount Vladek (which I downloaded from this site) into a hotel. This is my fourth and hopefully final attempt! I am testing the hotel with a Sim (don't worry, an un-tampered-with, clean version is saved to backup) and working through all the little glitches but there are two which I just can't figure out.

1. I have a small restaurant on the hotel grounds. It only seats 6. I have included the chef's stove and the podium, but it won't work. When my sim clicks on the podium, he gets a message saying: "You don't have any tables for people to sit at."

Image here:

I have tried moving the tables into different configurations with no luck. The chef still comes in and cooks, but there are no waiters. Sims sometimes come in to eat food they have prepared at the communal grill, also on the lot, but they can not order anything at the restaurant.

2. The blonde-haired female espresso NPC shows up along with another NPC, but while he goes to work and performs normally, she stands on the sidewalk and does nothing.

Image here:

I have tried moving the espresso stand away from the sidewalk, deleting the awning which used to be over it, and even controlling her via a mod, but she will not do anything except stand there.

I've Googled for hours and not finding any answers. Anyone know what's going on?

Otherwise, Mount Vladek Hotel is looking so awesome and functioning normally. I'll get rid of the restaurant and espresso stand if I have to.

If you want to see it:

“I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.”
--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:48 AM
The one standing on the sidewalk looks like the maid. There's a known glitch where she stands there and does bugger all. There's a fix for it under Bon Voyage Fixes here. https://web.archive.org/web/2016022...imwardrobe.com/

Can't help with the other one, sorry. The tables look fine to me.

Oh and that is a pretty lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:30 AM
Thank you, Charity! I will try the fix. Hopefully that's one down, anyway!

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:41 AM
The reason for not having a host & servers in the restaurant may have to do with that doorway dividing the dining room and anti-chamber. If you try replacing the doorway with some other doorway, maybe it would work. Or, remove the wall dividing the host's podium and the dining room. Then you should be able to have a host and servers.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:49 AM
From The Sims Wiki:
Quote:
In The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, there are several lots and hotels that contain restaurant objects for dining service while on vacation. This includes Three Lakes Plaza and Twikkii Beach Hotel. Restaurants in hotels have a few differences from restaurants elsewhere: Sims cannot skip out on the bill, and only tables that are in the same room as the podium are used for dining. Restaurant features are not carried forward into Bon Voyage. Therefore, if Nightlife is not installed, the room will just be empty with tables.

Delete the arch and just leave a gap in the wall between the entry with the podium and the seating area, and it should (with Sims, there are no guarantees) work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:26 AM
Freazy (housekeeper) is frozen. Unlike a normal sim she or he will freeze for the slightest of reasons. What I do when I play is delete them with move objects when I take my sims out. I doubt on that lot that you will have any other way to unfreeze her apart from demolishing and totally changing your set up-and she simply isn't worth it. She will reaper and often work for a bit when your sim come back to the lot. Housekeeper fixes pushes her to do stuff but it won't fix the freezing.

Did you place your table and chairs with the quarter tile cheat? You might need to place them very carefully again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:38 AM
I downloaded the fix recommended by Charity in post #2, and sadly it did not work. The maid still stands there on the sidewalk. Deleted the espresso bar and that didn't fix the problem either. I cannot delete her because it is a hotel and she will not appear when I am in build mode.

I will try the suggestions of removing the door or the wall between the podium and restaurant. Will also check to see if quarter tile placement was the problem, too, but if I recall correctly, I was unable to use that cheat on those specific items.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:14 AM
Getting rid of the arch and removing the wall fixed the restaurant problem! Thanks posts 4 & 5!

Still dunno what to do about Freezy Maid.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:26 AM
You can't do anything unless you change things radically and it would spoil what you have. I just delete her when I notice her and ignore her the rest of the time. When she isn't frozen the mod will push her to tidy up more often that is all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:16 AM
Where is your check in desk and is there room for her to stand beside it? Sometimes if there isn't room she gets confused.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't do anything unless you change things radically and it would spoil what you have. I just delete her when I notice her and ignore her the rest of the time. When she isn't frozen the mod will push her to tidy up more often that is all.

How do you delete her?

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Where is your check in desk and is there room for her to stand beside it? Sometimes if there isn't room she gets confused.

The front desk is in a room at the center/front of the lot. There is room behind the desk for two people and room for them to get behind it. I could try moving it around though, and see if it changes anything. I will play with it. Good idea!

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:10 AM
Tried moving the concierge desk from its original location (below)

...to where the espresso bar was (below)

As you can see the maid stayed in the same spot on the sidewalk all the time.

How do you delete a hotel maid? The maid is only active when I visit the lot with a sim. She does not appear when I am modifying the lot.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:19 AM
Just with move objects. You need either the dorm on cheat to make the hand tool available or an inventory mod. My guess is she hates the terrain modification, but it could just as easily be a doorway or a plant or anything. I am trying out the toddler on holiday mod right now and Freezy froze first on a cabin verandah then later by a garden bed. Even a single doorway instead of the hotel double door can freeze her. My guess is she has some kind of overly large area needed wherever she walks. I hope somebody can fix her one day.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:41 PM
Just with move objects. You need either the dorm on cheat to make the hand tool available or an inventory mod. My guess is she hates the terrain modification, but it could just as easily be a doorway or a plant or anything. I am trying out the toddler on holiday mod right now and Freezy froze first on a cabin verandah then later by a garden bed. Even a single doorway instead of the hotel double door can freeze her. My guess is she has some kind of overly large area needed wherever she walks. I hope somebody can fix her one day.

the dorm cheat - Hmm, haven't heard of that one. I will look it up.

Have not heard of inventory mods either. I am such a noob! I will look those up as well.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:48 PM
@Farvoyager It might be this: boolprop dormspecifictools disabled false Sorry I have a cheat file and have typed short alias for so long I don't remember the actual real wording of the cheat. I can give you my cheat file if you would like it. If you do much building or decorating you don't want to be typing out long cheats all the time.

The mod is called the Buy and Build Enabler. You need to grab the updated file in the comment section. Post 48 http://modthesims.info/download.php...5#startcomments don't use the pets one under File.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:28 PM
@Farvoyager It might be this: boolprop dormspecifictools disabled false Sorry I have a cheat file and have typed short alias for so long I don't remember the actual real wording of the cheat. I can give you my cheat file if you would like it. If you do much building or decorating you don't want to be typing out long cheats all the time.

The mod is called the Buy and Build Enabler. You need to grab the updated file in the comment section. Post 48 http://modthesims.info/download.php...5#startcomments don't use the pets one under File.

Thank you! I will google for the cheat to be sure, and download the mod.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Scholar
#18 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:26 PM
There is a fault in the default hotel controller that needs to be fixed with a mod, it continually cancels a housekeeper's action so they can't do a thing. It sends them to make beds etc. then cancels the action leaving them unable to actually do anything at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:15 PM
That's... weird, and a super big bug. Why didn't maxis fix that one? I suppose they haven't found it while they still supported the game?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:00 PM
There are a LOT of bugs that Maxis never fixed while they still supported the game.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:00 PM
Hotels are glitchy - and Freezy is a bitch.

I think the check in area is a bit too small, perhaps replacing the check in desk with the smaller size will work. Normally all 3 of them (desk clerk, bell hop and Freezy) hang out there.
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:21 PM
For the maid freezing up, maybe it has to do with the light and bush at the very corner of the sidewalk. Maybe she doesn't like that, and it causes her to freeze. Try removing it and see what happens

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:39 PM Last edited by gazania : 10th Jun 2018 at 3:45 PM.
(Now, a couple of you KNOW I'm going to barge in here, right?)

My first impression was the same as Justpetro's ... the area around the concierge desk is way too cramped. Try the single desk. I see you already tried something else, though.

I've built many Freezy-resistant hotels now (NOT Freezy-proofed ... once in a while, housekeepers will puzzle me even after the hotel/motel has worked fine for a long time), and to build a hotel where they won't at least freeze right away (sometimes, it takes a day or two), you need lots of room .... around desks, inside the room itself, etc. Watch out for fencing, lots of varying elevations, interference with the NPC cook. Housekeepers love washing dishes in the kitchen and taking out garbage, and if the paths cross, they may freeze.

d_dgjdhh also has a point. If you have plants in the way, or too many plants (they will try tending them, and that causes freezing), that may not be helping. Plastic plants can be useful.

Watch how you lay out bathrooms, particularly if you have a bathroom in or near the main lodge. I tend to go with a larger bathroom in a lodge than needed because without a mod (I don't have one), Sims congregate there, and if the housekeeper can't get out, instant freezing. There should be easy access for two Sims within a room's bathroom without stompies.

I find that two tiles between the end of the bed and wall work better than one or none. In my experience, I find that beds with sides against a wall can cause problems. I have nightstands on either side of my beds to remind me of this. Watch out for diagonal or strangely-laid out doors, both hotel and within the room. I find a non-diagonal space on either side of the door works best.

Make sure there are double doors going in AND out of the main lodge. All it takes is for Sims to block a door, and the stupid housekeeper gets stuck. I have not had luck with multiple single doors, but that may be just my experience.

Those are only some things. There are many. I know there is a hotel/motel thread here somewhere, but I can't find it now.

Even if you somehow do all that, I still see possible problems. The steep elevation may be a hassle, and I don't see where you can put two sets of double doors in the main lobby. That kitchen may be a little too cramped if there is an NPC cook in there. (That might be a reason why you're having problems with the dining area. I have had to reroute or expand kitchens for problems similar to the ones you've having.)

Barring the day when someone makes a mod that gets rid of the housekeeping pest altogether (oh please, oh please!), you might have to just accept that things are what they are with this lot, unless you thoroughly renovate it. If you get the dining room to work and the housekeeper stays out of the way, that might be the best you can do.

Oh ... and in a real pinch, try the buffet table! That has saved more than a couple of us who are masochistic enough to make hotels!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:02 AM
Basically, flatten your lot, tear it all down and build a huge box... or let her freeze. I know which option I am going for!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM Last edited by gazania : 10th Jun 2018 at 8:43 AM.
I like the challenge. But I have to be in the mood for it, and honestly, I'm definitely not now.

My hotels lean toward boxy on flatter land because honestly, it's the easiest and most efficient way to proceed and not get flustered with Freezy. I try to make the boxes pretty, though.

Another thing you CAN try is to use the hotel door to keep the PITA out and do your own housekeeping. I think Justpetro suggested that first. That might stall the stalling for a little while.

Here is the hotel thread, by the way: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=530550 (The image service isn't working right now ... sorry!)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 1 of 4