Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 1:57 PM
Default Routing Issues
I'm wondering if I should worry about the routing in this world I am redoing. I've not seen this before, where there are lots of odd-ball blue dots and white lines in odd, random places appearing to go nowhere.
Sorry for the quality in this photo, kind of a "newb" here at this forum. Thanks for any help or advice you can give.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 4:50 PM
My first thought is to maybe try rebuilding routing data to see if that clears anything up.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 5:07 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 8th Apr 2016 at 5:09 PM. Reason: grammar
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
My first thought is to maybe try rebuilding routing data to see if that clears anything up.

I have been redoing the routing (blue paint) as I am going along and click on rebuild routing every few minutes. Here is another look - I'm wondering if it might be all the trees/bushes??
It's just a huge mess.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 6:07 PM
Well, consider me stumped! The trees and bushes shouldn't be causing any problems. Below is a picture of what my routing looks like with trees, and there aren't any of the random lines and dots in it as in your picture.

I wish I knew what was going on here. Maybe someone else will come along with better insight.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#5 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 6:07 PM
You should probably just test it. You can do that with overwatch. I found a link for you at nraas here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch+FAQ

I was looking for a link to a blog from the New York builder. He had it so set up so much easier, just do this and that. Nraas setting can be a lot of reading sometimes.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 1:32 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 13th Apr 2016 at 1:36 AM. Reason: more
Well, I've not been able to fix this world so I pretty much scrapped it. I tried your suggestion - not quite sure what all Overwatch does, tho. Didn't have an effect on this mess. I even tried to start over and eventually ran into the same problem. It's a player created world that I wanted to change up a bit for my own playstyle and add lots that I've created.
I did export it and ran a sim around - and of course they didn't like it much. Foot-stomping, taxi pulling over into the field....I give up.

Oh well, time to get busy on my own creation, I guess. Thanks for reading and replying.
KF
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 2:25 AM
Hi
Can I ask- which world is this? I've seen the circles before but I don't remember why/what/when and would love to mess with it.

*when I can get the CAW files, too.