Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3694
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4461 (Who?), Viewed: 179890 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Mar 2019, 11:02 PM #4451
purplestuddedcoffin
Lab Assistant

Please cancel on me...please cancel on me... pLeAsE

Why tf does strung out me keep making plans for stable me?
Old 14th Mar 2019, 12:40 PM #4452
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

I know it sounds mean, but since becoming pregnant I've realised I hate everyone and their babies.

People keep showing me pictures of babies recently, like "aww here's my niece!" "aww this is my baby when they were 3 months old" "isn't my brother's step-son's dog's cousin's owner's grandma's baby so cute?".... I really don't care. Stop showing me pictures of babies just because I'm pregnant. I don't know what it is, but I just don't care. It's not that I'm not maternal, I love babies so much and if given the opportunity to hold one I would. My nephew is almost 4, and I'm super pregnant and yet I still pick him up to cuddle him as often as possible. But showing me pictures of kids I don't know, meh. It's weird because I have an app on my phone to record things about the baby (if I took my vitamins, what my moods are, pregnancy symptoms etc) and that includes a little community page where people post pictures of their babies on there, and I don't mind that. Maybe it's just I don't care about people I work with, holding their phones out to me and showing me a blurry photo of a snotty kid while I'm trying to enjoy my ridiculously short lunch breaks. I really hope I don't grow up to be the same.... I already frequently show people pictures of my dog. But mostly when they mention dogs... I don't think I've ever just randomly gone "LOOK AT MY DOG"...

Then there's all the Mum's trying to sell me their stuff they don't want anymore. I DON'T WANT IT. I don't want your stupid unneeded item. I know it's unneeded, and you can swear by it all you want that I for some reason need a "bumbo seat"... but I know damn well I don't. I also know they can cause a lack of postural control, natural movements and offer no actual developmental advantage. They're basically just somewhere to put your kid while you do other things. Also, just reading up on it - considering my partner has mild spina bifita, making my child at risk... I'm gonna suggest it's probably not a good idea for my baby to be placed into a seat where they may be seated incorrectly and have no oportunities for natural weight baring or good posture. Oh and apparently they can topple over. So no. Please stop trying to sell me this overpriced child torture device. I don't mind too much if I'm close to the person, my friend offered me her pram, and her sister (also a friend of mine) offered me a baby bath, also those aren't exactly unneeded items. I already had them though, so that's that. The sister also gave me the moses basket we're using in the bedroom, which was great. So it's not like I'm just being ungrateful. I just don't want everyone from everywhere trying to pawn off items that I don't want and not accepting "nah I don't need one" as an answer. Once the baby's born and growing like a weed, sure throw me your hand-me-down clothes and whatever.

Another thing is Mum's who are already telling me how to parent. WOman, yes, you have a child that is older than mine. But either 1) I've been parenting for longer than you, I have a million siblings which I had to take care of since I was little, I GOT THIS, or 2) everything you say is ridiculously outdated. You have to just smile and nod as you hear old wives tales or advice that I don't care about, "don't vaccinate, it will cause autism". No, my family history of autism will probably cause autism. Then there's the "the baby's going to be a girl because X" or "It's a boy, you can tell because Y"... (X/Y being things like "the baby is active the most during the evening" "You're carrying forward and not around", etc... not... y'know... chromosomes... which are the big give away). Like seriously, half these people have kids, how can you believe such ridiculous things? Every day at work people want to touch my belly, and rub at my belly, and then stare at me silently for an uncomfortbale amount of time before telling me "I can sense it... you're having a boy/girl"... right okay. Stop touching me please.

Also people who tell me to get rid of my dog, or that they're worried about my dog once the baby's born. I am worried too. I am very worried, because my dog isn't great with strangers or other dogs, and will attempt to bite. There is a reason there's multiple baby gates in our house, and if someone comes round he's muzzled and kept on a lead until he's met them about 3-4 times and can be trusted. I'm aware. But also I'm alone for the majority of the day every single day, with only the company of the dog. We spend all our time together, he lies on me licking my belly, or nuzzling up to me and follows me everywhere. He's the only company I have for the majority of the day. I love my dog so much, so constantly reminding me that, in the event of him not liking the baby, I'll have to get rid of him (which will most likely entail either my friend taking him (which he more than likely won't be able to do), or him being put down - nobody will adopt a dog that is so "viciuous"). Then there's ofcourse, even if he does like the baby, he also jumps up on people and demands constant attention/fuss from people he likes, and the last thing I need is for him to end up suffocating the baby because he loves them too much. We know not to leave him alone with the baby, even if he didn't want to eat anything with a pulse, we wouldn't leave a baby without supervision, especially with a dog. So please, shut up. You're just stressing me out and making me feel guilty when he looks at me with his big brown eyes every morning waiting for me to say "good morning" (which to him, means "I'll get up now and give you a dentist stick" - and therefore he catapults himself off the bed and charges down the stairs). I really hope he's good with the baby. He took to me and my brother straight away, within my first proper visit to my boyfriends house, he was allowed off the lead and unmuzzled and was just trying to lick at us and have a fuss. I think it's all about how we are with the people. If we're uncomfortable, then he's going to be uncomfortable.

Also that's why we don't want family to bombard us to come see the baby straight away. My dog doesn't need a new baby in the house, AND a bunch of people he barely knows coming in too on the first day/few days. They all complain that it's not fair, they should have a right to see the baby... but... should they at the expense of stressing out my dog? Either they're gonna come round and the dog is going to be muzzled and on a lead, or locked in another room crying, in which case I'll hear the "You need to get rid of your dog, I don't think he's safe" lecture even though they're making him more unsafe, or I'm going to put my dog before you guys and nobody's visiting until my dog is use to the baby, and you'll all visit in small groups for small amounts of time. Besides, babies look like wrinkly little Winston Churchill's for the first few days anyway, atleast wait until it becomes a little chubbier and cuter.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 14th Mar 2019, 7:23 PM #4453
Brunnis-2
Lab Assistant

13 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Also people who tell me to get rid of my dog, or that they're worried about my dog once the baby's born.

Oh man, f*ck those people! At the end of the day, you've given this dog a home and made him part of your family. You know him, you know his anxieties and behaviours and to be honest, it sounds like you already have it together in terms of preparation where he is concerned. Slightly different scenario for me as I don't have kids or a dog, but when my ferret was still with us and my nephews were over - even though he was the most docile little dude - they were never left alone with him. Wherever he went for a sniff, I was always right there behind ready to scoop him up and cuddle him until he'd settled from his excitement. It's just common sense where kids and any kind of animal are concerned really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
They all complain that it's not fair, they should have a right to see the baby... but... should they at the expense of stressing out my dog?

Nobody outside of the parents has a 'right' to see the baby. I think a lot of people forget that new parents need time to bond with their baby, and that the mother needs time to recuperate after giving birth. A new baby does not give outsiders a free walk-in pass to your home.

Totally forgotten what I came here to rant about... ... oh yeah. I came back to work after 5 days off. I knew to expect my desk had been occupied in my absence because we had a bunch of newbies starting shortly before I was off - that, I can handle. As annoying as it is, I can even handle that odd bit of crap left on my desk - today's item, McDonalds serviettes. What I cannot abide, and what caused me to near enough flip my sh*t this morning, is coming in to find I've been robbed of all my pens! Cue me storming about with a face like this:

Sounds stupid I know because they're just pens, but I hate people taking my stuff. It's the kind of thing that can rile me so much it sets off a panic attack, and I was already anxious about leaving my husband home alone and doped up on codeine. Thankfully, it didn't escalate to full on panic mode, but I taped a note to my pen holder.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims ::.Tweet, tweet!
Old 14th Mar 2019, 9:29 PM #4454
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Man, I'm sick of my parents' bullshit.

Yesterday, they got into a fight about my mother's demons of her past and my father was acting unbalanced and jerky.

My mother is on the brink of declaring a divorce.

I wish to tell them to see the applicable psych doctors and see together a marriage counselor.

I don't want to act as their go-between again! I did it 5 years ago and I don't want to be in between them! I told them "Don't put me in that position ever again!"

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 15th Mar 2019, 1:25 AM #4455
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Ikea, you're kidding, right?

How does one make the leap that a bookcase that is $49.00 should be $20.00 more because they are a different color? It doesn't matter what the color the bookcase is, all of them are made from particle board, foil, ect...

You're not funny.
Old 15th Mar 2019, 2:41 AM #4456
Emmett Brown
Scholar

I hate cleaning the cat box. The dust just sticks in your nose and everything smells like used kitty litter.

Sims are better than us.
Old 15th Mar 2019, 1:31 PM #4457
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Get a litter genie. It's airtight and only has to go out when the bag is full. Life saver. No smell and saves my poor knees from walking up and down the stairs all the time. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 17th Mar 2019, 11:51 AM #4458
happychappy
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMadam
Been watching Victorian Slum House and it has seriously given me a case of the angries. The attitude towards the poor they had back then I can still see in society today and it makes me so. friggin. mad. One of my oldest "friends" is actually arguing with me about it, and she's so friggin clueless it's not funny. She came from abject poverty and basically slept her way into a better life and she now basically just craps on the poor and thinks the Orange Man is the BEST president EVER. Because she grew up worshiping the rich. I.... I have no words. I love her still, because she's a friend, but man, I wish she'd get a clue.

Maybe she thinks the same about you.
Old 18th Mar 2019, 9:37 AM #4459
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

2 Achievements

Having issues sleeping. Valium isn't even helping, nor is any sleep aid. Halp.

- Sent from my iHell
Old 18th Mar 2019, 5:00 PM #4460
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Recycling. There is an article in "Pocket" that says the NYT reported that many cities are giving up on recycling, because it costs too much.
I can see that.
I read our little town's recycling rules: No pizza boxes, no food clam shells, only two types of plastics allowed, and so on. We don't follow the rules. I try and sneak the pizza boxes from the recycle bin to the trash, but dear wife thinks I'm some sort of anti-recycling nut job.
OTOH, I find plastic recycling to be a fascinating subject - how they can separate plastic by density and such. I'd love to recycle my own plastics and create new things with my 3D printer and maybe with a hot injection mold machine; little gears and such for robots.

In the 1960s a weeks garbage fit in one can. All the soda pop bottles were glass deposit, as were the milk jugs. Bags were paper and had a dozen different uses. And down the end of the street, there was a place that would repair toasters for cheap and the TV repair man came door to door. Maybe things were better then, consumer wise?

Sims are better than us.
Old 18th Mar 2019, 9:04 PM #4461
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I now have new trees that had most of their branches or tops cut off. It isn't just me, the entire street now has this problem.
Old 19th Mar 2019, 3:42 PM #4462
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Argh!

Sometimes I get so mad about the fact I can't find an escape from the headlines, the broken machines, the cat vocalizing for attention, my family grating my nerves like cheddar cheese, my bad health, any one stupid enough to troll me or my fellow users...

Maybe I shall work on my comic book. I need to vent further.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Section jump: