Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#2451 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:37 PM
I have a feeling Witches are coming, but we'll see.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2452 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:38 PM
I have a feeling they won't just because that's exactly what I wanna see XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#2453 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I have a feeling Witches are coming, but we'll see.

I'm really curious how they would implement Witches and magic. I normally don't play with all the supernatural stuff, but I was surprised how much I liked the Vampire GP.
I hope, they only add Witches and really concentrate on those and not the ton of other lifestates from Sims 3 Supernatural.
Top Secret Researcher
#2454 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:13 PM
I want lifestates. Witches that are superior in magical power to normal sims by their genetics (which means more magic spells and quicker learning plus few basic spells every witch can cast by default and sim cannot). But I also want my normal sims to be able to pursue arcane arts This would also be great opprtunity to add some mystical plants and animals that sims can use as ingredients for elixirs and components of spells. Basically sims making magic with witches, if that makes sense.

But oh my... Sims MM is so much more! It's gnomes coming to life, quirky NPCs, shady skeleton services, equally sad cousin of Tragic Clown, Flamingo dancers, magic beanstalk, Will's giant sim form, magic duels, magic currency, magician shows, minigolf, scary cart rides, charms, winemaking, dragon pets, fortune telling booth, snake charming, bee hives, gargoyles, donkey heads, death from toadification, child spells, new claire the bear interactions, recipes, baking and more... damn how interesting 18 years old game still is :D

EDIT: I just now realised how content packed each TS1 EP is. Unleashed, Superstar and Making Magic are the best ones, with Hot Date and Vacation following a bit behind, and then Livin Large and House Party somewhat lacking, but still entertaining.
Mad Poster
#2455 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candacis
I'm really curious how they would implement Witches and magic. I normally don't play with all the supernatural stuff, but I was surprised how much I liked the Vampire GP.
I hope, they only add Witches and really concentrate on those and not the ton of other lifestates from Sims 3 Supernatural.

Honestly, if they so it just like vampires, where new powers and weaknesses are unlocked as you improve your skill, that'd be nice.

But PLEASE let children do magic. Supernatural kids are always so neglected in these games lol

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#2456 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:25 PM
I feel like if Witches were to be done properly (with magic, potions, duels, brooms, magic world and what not) it would need to be an expansion, not a game pack. There is so much more to magic users/witches than vampires, so me thinks it would be difficult to fit all that in a game pack. Unless of course, they give us a "compact experience" with a game pack seeing as how most people are against dedicating an entire expansion slot to magic/supernatural themes.
Field Researcher
#2457 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:57 AM
Since they did a separate pack for Vampires, I have the feeling that they will rather do gamepacks for supernatural themed content. One for vampires, one for witches etc.
Honestly, I find this a better approach than an expansion. Expansions in Sims 4 tend to be rather broad in scope. I fear neither witches nor fairies nor dragons nor spells etc. would get an in-depth treatment that way. But I'm one of those that disliked Sims 3 Supernatural.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2458 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I just now realised how content packed each TS1 EP is. Unleashed, Superstar and Making Magic are the best ones, with Hot Date and Vacation following a bit behind, and then Livin Large and House Party somewhat lacking, but still entertaining.

Notice how as time went on, EPs got more and more content? Livin’ Large has a lot of content, but no real features. It’s a nice expansion, but it doesn’t shake up the game like Unleashed does. A few packs later and Makin Magic changes the whole game entirely.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#2459 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:31 PM
Yup. Making Magic and Superstar are their own whole games, not at all what Sims 2's standard for an EP was (except for OFB, which introduced a whole new engine). Sims 3 had a nice standard for EP's as well, feature packed, but not completely game changing. I still don't see how TS4 EP's can compare... they feel more like a world set, or some bigger bundle from Sims 3 store.
Mad Poster
#2460 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:43 PM Last edited by daisylee : 25th Jun 2018 at 7:37 PM.
I keep waiting for Clint's review. I always enjoy them and think he is spot on usually.

edit: oops, I put this in the wrong thread. Just saw the review. It is nice to see him so pleased about the new EP.
Scholar
#2461 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Enjoji : 25th Jun 2018 at 5:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I keep waiting for Clint's review. I always enjoy them and think he is spot on usually.

I've been refreshing YouTube for a while now, just waiting for the video to pop up, lol!! Clint stated on Twitter that this is the longest review of a sims game that he's done since his review for The Sims 3 Seasons! It seems like he's been enjoying it.... even though he does have a soft spot for season-based gameplay, I'm hoping he'll still be fair in his review....

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2462 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:37 PM
Yup. Making Magic and Superstar are their own whole games, not at all what Sims 2's standard for an EP was (except for OFB, which introduced a whole new engine). Sims 3 had a nice standard for EP's as well, feature packed, but not completely game changing. I still don't see how TS4 EP's can compare... they feel more like a world set, or some bigger bundle from Sims 3 store.

TS2 was mostly about depth and connections between each expansion pack that made the experience so rich. Like, with freetime - when you play it, content from way back to University carried over. Everything felt whole and interconnected.

TS3 has a lot of content, but the issue is the content being disconnected from everything else or duplicated. A prime example is the soccer ball from University being counted towards Jock influence, as well as base game sports activities, but actually playing soccer when Seasons was installed wasn’t, along with any other sports.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2463 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:52 PM
I have a feeling the next GP will be about Bands, but I might be far off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#2464 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Bands? As in... musical bands? Why would you think that? That sounds like something only a handful of people want. Plus that would be better off as a secondary feature of an expansion pack, rather than having an entire game pack dedicated to it.
Mad Poster
#2465 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 7:53 PM
We got spa day as a game pack, which is a glorified stuff pack. A Game Pack orientated at musicians could include more instruments perhaps than the casual bass, drums, electrical piano or guitar. Maybe even a singer.

Forum Resident
#2466 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Bands? As in... musical bands? Why would you think that? That sounds like something only a handful of people want. Plus that would be better off as a secondary feature of an expansion pack, rather than having an entire game pack dedicated to it.
And that's the thing that makes it likely

I honestly have no idea about the next GP (and I actually think we'll get a SP next). I read the theory about music as well because a tweet from a few weeks ago hinted at something music-related iirc? And so far we only have guitar, piano, violin and pipe organ. Some more instruments like drums, flute, keyboard piano, bass, saxophone etc could be neat. Not really something I would consider a priority, but I could totally imagine them doing it and dedicating a whole pack to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#2467 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:49 AM
But oh my... Sims MM is so much more! It's gnomes coming to life, quirky NPCs, shady skeleton services, equally sad cousin of Tragic Clown, Flamingo dancers, magic beanstalk, Will's giant sim form, magic duels, magic currency, magician shows, minigolf, scary cart rides, charms, winemaking, dragon pets, fortune telling booth, snake charming, bee hives, gargoyles, donkey heads, death from toadification, child spells, new claire the bear interactions, recipes, baking and more... damn how interesting 18 years old game still is :D

I feel like they always go all out with the very last pack. Makin Magic with TS1, Apartment Life for TS2 (which also have witchcraft and small dogs for some reasons) and Into the Future for TS3 (which has loads of contents).
Top Secret Researcher
#2468 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Nuh they had a royal rumble of supernatural creature votes on Twitter for the past week. It'll be Magic theme packs based on how witches are leading like crazy.
Scholar
#2469 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:13 AM
I hope they are not being in a hurry for another GP, I rather them fix the mess of bugs they introduced with Seasons first, than just rushing in and making the situation worse.
Lab Assistant
#2470 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Nuh they had a royal rumble of supernatural creature votes on Twitter for the past week. It'll be Magic theme packs based on how witches are leading like crazy.

I'd be 100% down for a Witches or Supernatural pack if they re-introduced things that were in Makin' Magic. All those cool spells and mini games, even the roller coasters were super unique. But then again, we can't expect too much in one GP, it is EA after all.
Mad Poster
#2471 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:18 PM

Smeg Head
#2472 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 5:20 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 21st Feb 2019 at 6:28 PM.
Even more aliens!!! But obviously not ones that just wanna party-hardy. But ones that send some kind of "zombie plague," "body-snatchers invasion" spores before they attack! Ones we'll need plenty of soldiers, - in an active military career? - and elite X-Filesie agents at top of a career branch to investigate. And more scientists shenanigans to make the war-winning gizmos?

I do like me some sci-fi. Get's me drooling out of orifices I don't usually find get wet otherwise. But I feel something else should have been first to take us away from Sixam and aliens, before revisiting the theme so soon, albeit on a darker note. Perhaps those Sixam aliens might have something to help win the battle, but you'll have to convince them to stop dancing their little fun-lovin' asses off first.

I would have bet money on witches, wizards and ye olde fashioned magic as the next pack. I even made a dark mage sim in my game a few weeks back in preparation for it. Ah, well. Aliens - again - it is. I do like me some sci-fi... Though the original Strangetown does have a bit of a supernatural element to it as well. So maybe a little combo of sci-fi and the supernatural. Either way, does anyone else feel we should probably be locking up Bella Goth at this stage. The new aliens are probably coming to do that original abduction they did on her. Well, if the beauty of Helen of Troy can be the catalysts for wars, then our own sultry Bella should be worth fighting for. Let's join the army!!!

Someone disagreed with SWP^^^ just for posting a video without even making a comment?! Oh, man. It takes all sorts. WTF!!! "I don't like oxygen. I disagree with it! It's just there!!! Always just there! I'm not happy!!!"

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Smeg Head
#2473 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Note to self: Do not read Coolspear posts while eating. It is a total killjoy for thy appetite. I don't want read about anybodies orifices whether they get wet or not.

Then I don't suppose you'll be buying my motivational book released at the end of the month. "The whole of your holes, and how to have fun with them at bathtime..." I promise it won't be on sale until after lunchtime is over and your food is fully digested, about to have fun exiting another of your holes. (I cover that in chapter three - "Soapy Soggy Sphincter.")

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#2474 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 7:09 PM
New world map

And screenshot of the new airplane thingy which seems to have a hidden bunker/basement underneath

Forum Resident
#2475 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 8:51 PM
https://twitter.com/SimGuruHouts/st...654430738538497
Quote:
I'm sure some people will find ways to blow through it quickly, but it's intended that you take your time and not really rush through it. Our rough estimate is that it'll take you 3 - 5 hours to play through the whole story depending on what in-game speeds you're using, etc.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...omment_16965169
Quote:
I've seen a lot of people interested in this, so want to clear it up.
The motor home is world deco. There seems to be a ton of interest in motor homes though so maybe we'll have to do something with them in the future.
There's a lot in one of the neighborhoods that is built to look like a trailer, but it's not quite the same as the ones that are world deco.
Page 99 of 185