Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 12:44 AM
Default Bodyshop not showing downloads??
Hi guys, I just know one of you simmy experts can help me with this. I'm sure this is something incredibly simple that I have failed to do but this one has had me stumped for 3 months now! yer, Kinda over it!! My bodyshop wont show any of my downloaded clothes (!!), or skins, or eyes, or anything good, :blah: :blah: :blah: what's that about!!
I have everything extracted to my downloads folder (Game installed default) and everything works and shows (besides from a few bunnyheads) in the game fine. But for some reason I only have boring old maxis defaults in the bodyshop.
Any ideas?? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 3:13 AM
Did you put your downloaded clothes in My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 / Downloads?

Make sure they are also in the Downloads folder and not a subfolder.

Also make sure they're .package file, not .zip, .rar, or .sims2skin.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 3:23 AM
That's how mine is. Meh, I wish I could help but I've just learned to deal with it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 3:41 AM
They are in Sims2packfile or DBPF package as downloaded. They are in the correct folder....
how do I get them to be .package? They have all downloaded as they are, I haven't tampered with them at all??
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:30 AM Last edited by themaltesebippy : 25th Feb 2005 at 12:33 AM.
I have a separate account just for playing The Sims2 so if I open Body Shop under my regular acct, the stuff I extracted into the My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 / Downloads folder under The Sims 2 account doesn't show up. Maybe this helps you?

Edit/ You need to double click on the Sim2Pack files then they will extract to your download folder. If you have Clean Install, you can extract indivdual files that way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:30 AM
So how do you get it to show up?
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:23 AM
Im a newbie, so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it seemed appropriate to what I am looking for as well, except I am tryin to package my sims from my gfame, together or individually and make them accessible in bodyshop. I found the saved sims files and moved them manually, using the clean install, etc. just not showing up as skins/simmies for me to manipulate and use elsewhere or altogether. Help?