Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 8:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Advice on Community Lots
Howdy, every time I visit a Community Lot, only 1 or 2 sims ever show up, which
is rather depressing really, and elimates the point of even going, and I know my PC can handle a lot more sims on a lot, as I can control a family a 8, will little noticable lag at all.

So, Im wondering if I add more RAM (I have 512MB at the moment), will I get more Sims on Community Lots?

Also, does it affect the time of the day you go also? as if I visit one after 10pm, sometimes no one shows up at all.

:confused:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:01 PM
yes the time does affect the amount of sims on the community lot, my sims were there all day but by around 00:00 they all left. If you want more sims on the lot U can invite sims to the cummunity lot using the phone
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:03 PM
I believe the number of sims on a community lot is determined by your graphics card, same as the number you can invite to a party. The easiest way to get more, and also the sims you want, is to use the teleporter painting or bush from simlogical .
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:46 PM
Thanks for the info... just not the same having to use the teleporter bush for chosen sims, you don't get the surprises of guests, and still pointless going if all this can be done at home anyway...

But i do gotta get a supported graphics card asap.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:19 PM Last edited by birene : 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:22 PM.
Citysim you can also use the cheat...

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number]

... with the number of Sims you want to visit the community lots/your parties.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 7:17 PM
Thanks Birene! I used to InitProp maxNumOfVisitingSims cheat and it worked! has really brought my community areas to life, made the game lots more entertaining now!