Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default I have a question about uploading lots.
Ok. Since the change with the forums my thread about this was closed before I ever got an answer so I will try here. And yes, I know it wasn't closed because of the question but just because of cleaning up. Anyway. I need to know if there is a way to clean out houses just prior to uploading them. I have read through the posts about hacked houses but did not find a good solution so if someone can help me out I would be greatly appreciative. One idea I had was to go into downloads and remove the hacks just prior to uploading but I don't know if this will work as I am not sure of what the hack file names are. any assistance would be great.

Love yourself for who you are
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:28 AM
Use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to scan them and remove all hacks and anything else you want......that would be my suggestion.

tug
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:02 PM
That is what I am wondering. I do not know how to scan lots except when you download one from somewhere else. I need to upload my houses to a site and need to clean them.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laninseannsmomi
That is what I am wondering. I do not know how to scan lots except when you download one from somewhere else. I need to upload my houses to a site and need to clean them.

Use it the same way you do when you download one......after you have packaged the lot, then open it with Sims2Pack Clean Installer......clean the file then save it......to verify what you have done, reopen it with Sims2Pack Clean Installer and verify you have removed what you wanted to remove.......then upload it........

tug
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laninseannsmomi
That is what I am wondering. I do not know how to scan lots except when you download one from somewhere else.

Just had to learn this the other day. Let me add to the preceeding comment by noting that "opening" the package in Sims2Pack means clicking on it to install it on your computer.

Then you can uncheck any hacks and use the Save As option.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 8:11 PM
ok. Now the question is, why aren't the hacks showing up? I know there are some in my game but they are not showing up on the houses when I run the clean installer.