Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:04 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Dec 2006 at 1:39 PM. Reason: removed attachment
Default Counter mesh reverting when sink is placed
Hi everyone!

I cloned a counter using Numenor's awesome template. I only changed the counterfinish base mesh--didn't touch the countertop mesh at all. The problem I'm having is when I try to place a sink in the counter, the mesh reverts back to the Maxis one. (the problem also applies to corner counters, trash compactor, etc)

Could someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to modify in order to place sinks?

Thanks so much,
Reni
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:40 PM
Did you change the meshes for the counter that is used for corner, sink and trash compactor? There are 8 gmdcs for the counters, 4 have just the shadows, 4 have the counter meshes used for the different placements. You have to create a new mesh for the normal (working doors), sink, and item placed incounter meshes. The fourth I think is just the counter top.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 12:28 AM
I didn't change the other gmdcs...didn't know I needed to.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm off to mesh some more.

-Reni
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: question answered