Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 2:55 AM
Default REQ: Skinning Information

Just curious but atleast one of the skins here uses bump mapping to make it a little more 3D-ish. I was wondering if the same bump mapping is/can be applied to "Genetic" skintone skins...

If so, is it then possible to bumpmap a nude skin to give the impression that certain parts are protruding, when in reality they are not?

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 3:02 AM
Well, from what I senn no ... the bump map is its own .bmp file and some meshes have then and others dont and skin do not have then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 3:15 AM
But it was a skin I saw that was modified, so that the "perky nipples" showed, it's one of the skins off this site here.. the "Sexy pink teen outfit with g-string v1.0" has a bumpmap for it, thus why the perkiness.. So skins can have them.. my question is can genetic files (like skintones) have them...

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 3:39 AM
But that's what Drakron said:

"some have them and other's don't and skins do not have them."

So the answer is no at this point.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 10:59 PM
What if you made an invisible top, by blacking out the alpha file, but include the perkiness in the bumpmap? Does the blacked out alpha file cancel out the bumpmap as well as the texture? Probably.
#6 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 2:20 AM
If you make the texture transparent, you have no bump effect, because the bump effect is simulated by adding shadows to the texture itself and there is no actual displacement. You should use a "displacement" map instead, but the game does not support that.
Anyway, there must be some way to add bump maps to the nude textures, most likely by editing txmta files and eventually adding items to the packages.

I am working on this project and will keep you informed.