Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 8:12 PM
Default CAW keeps freezing when in edit mode and go to city view
Hi guys!

This is one of my first times using CAW (or actually supercaw), but when i'm building something on a lot, I need to do this about 3 times over (the entire building) Because my game freezes. And with that I mean, it has this infinite loading. It doesn't matter if I keep in on for an entire night, it just keeps loading.

I do use CC and do use cheats (and I noticed that usually this issue is because of the cheats being on) But everytime I go into town mode so I can save my world it just freezes.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 9:27 PM
Why don't you build with CAW and use SuperCAW only for specific tasks that require SuperCAW? CAW runs much more stable than SuperCAW, especially if you have a lot of cc and all expansions and stuff packs. Other than that, I mostly build in the game (exporting the world for that, if the lot is not flat) and only place them in CAW/edit mode.

Not sure what else (except for the usual stuff - amount of cc, mods etc.) could be the cause. DId you try without your mods and cc?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 10:48 PM
Hmmm SuperCAW only seems to see just a few CC, including a set I made for the world itself. I didn't know that there was a big difference between SuperCAW and CAW. Because I know it unlocks some stuff, but I never thought it would actually make a difference whether you would use SuperCAW or CAW. Oh well.

Funny thing though, I waited 3 hours straight and it sort of unfroze. It just... showed me the names of what was in the build mode categories (like this list with where you can click on the roof, walls, etc.) Oh well. I hope it will give me less hairpulling moments when using CAW.

I'll let you know if it makes a difference for me!

Also, if I would want to publish the world, and I would just export it and then building it. Is there a way I can still release it with the buildings, instead of needing to give a save file?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 7:11 AM
Yes, let us know! It seems that there are just so many objects for SuperCAW to process that it takes literally hours....

No, you either place the (finished) lots in CAW edit mode and export the world, in this case you have a fully built world. If you export a and build afterwards, then you will need to offer a save or the lots will be empty. But in the edit mode in CAW you have full access to your library folder, so any finished house that sits in there will be available for you to place in CAW edit mode (and thus be included in the export). So, exporting a test version, build, go back to caw, place finished lots, export finished world. I hope this makes some sense... :-)
Space Pony
#5 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 1:35 PM
How large is your DCCache folder? If it's over I think 2 GB CAW doesn't like it and EIG will crash, it happened with me all the time. Than I started using CCMagic to install all of my CC objects and CAW behaves a bit better now.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
How large is your DCCache folder? If it's over I think 2 GB CAW doesn't like it and EIG will crash, it happened with me all the time. Than I started using CCMagic to install all of my CC objects and CAW behaves a bit better now.

For some weird reason only SuperCAW seems to show my CC. And apparently some aroundthesims content seems to show up but that's all. But it seems to be working now if I use CAW. I can actually see how less buggy the edit in game option becomes if I boost it up with CAW instead of SuperCAW. So that seems to have been the issue.

For my DCCache, I don't own much store items, but thanks for the tip! ^-^
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 4:00 PM
SuperCAW unlocks all content for usage, no matter if it is enabled for CAW or not. CAW only shows objects that are enabled for CAW. It seems that aroundthesims enabled some objects for CAW, then (I think the bus station and some signs and "street" objects). Do you know how to enable objects for CAW (or disable, if you would want that)? If not, there is a guide here.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
SuperCAW unlocks all content for usage, no matter if it is enabled for CAW or not. CAW only shows objects that are enabled for CAW. It seems that aroundthesims enabled some objects for CAW, then (I think the bus station and some signs and "street" objects). Do you know how to enable objects for CAW (or disable, if you would want that)? If not, there is a guide here.

I actually made my first streetlamp with that tutorial! It's really helpful. I guess if I would have been new to the OBJK editing, it would be somewhat confusing. I manage to make some CAW stuff with skipping the "Change the BuildCategory Flags to 0x00008000 to make it show up in Misc objects (or 0x00001000 to group it with trees, or 0x00002000 to group it with Rocks)." Step, because streetlamps shouldn't belong to misc objects. I'm not sure if there is a list of flags for this, although I think TSRW already manage to do that. Yet CAW flags might be a bit different from the game's flags. (It's pretty unlikely but it's possible).

About the world and edit in game, I was editing the lot with no problem, but it seems right now that whenever I want to go to town mode, the cursor changes into some loading cursor and the only thing I can do is see the UIs name when I place my cursor on it. Nothing else happens. This is happening in CAW by the way.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 8:52 PM Last edited by daisylee : 4th Aug 2016 at 9:31 PM.
My CAW is doing that now also!!!! I have never had that in the past and now mine is doing the exact thing. Once I go to edit in game and try to go back to edit town it never loads. I have no CC in the game. Sooooooooooo frustrating. I have done worlds before and this is the fitst time it has been going on.

EDIT: I have no CC in my game at the moment, but I just used the Dashboard to clear caches and my CAW is working again. Was able to get into a lot and edit it and get back out and save.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 1:24 PM
I redid an entire building for 5 times already, turned off cheats, deleted caches, and again it's acting this way. I'm using CAW only (not superCAW) and it just freezes when I want to switch back to 'edit town'. It's getting fustrated because I don't want to go into building this building another 5 times and hoping it saves for once.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 4:09 PM
When I deleted caches manually it did not help, but when I used the dashboard it solved the problem for me. I have been in and out of edit in game since then for several worlds and all has been OK. Hope you can get something to work. Have you tried clearing the caches with the dashboard yet?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 10:26 AM
Apparently I just fixed it by deleting the world caches, which I completely forgot when I deleted the Caches that I delete regular. Right now its switching to edit town within 2 seconds ^-^
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 11:27 AM
YAY!!!!! I am glad it is working now.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 1:58 PM
Update** It seem to do it when i'm adding windows to the lot. then, I can't seem to switch to edit town. I made sure Buydebug is off.