Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Oct 2004 at 2:10 PM
well, you use the Game Extractor to get the txtr files out, and place the txtra in the clothing object.

you use SimPE to adjust the Catalog description and the object ID

and you use the bodyshop to extract and package the txtr file to bmp.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 8:29 AM
hey i just thought i would let people no that i finaly got it to work lol and the problem was that the file #0x7f917190!computertoweralienware-green.txtr that everone says to extract kept stuffing up so i chose a different txtr file to extract and it worked im going to improve the guid so others can get this working
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 8:33 AM
i only just thought of this but for now i have posted the computer image so if anyone wants to make there own but cant do the steps u cant edit this for now and ether wait untill i write my own version of the guide or give the image to me and i will put it inot the file for u that way the people we cant work it out can still have there custom computer.... i also have the Pumpkin, cat and that other one lol if anyone wants them

[img]e107_files/public/12283_computerg.png[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 12283_computerg.png ][/i]

http://www.modthesims2.com/e107_files/public/12283_computerg.png
[ Edited Tue Oct 26 2004, 12:34AM ]
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#29 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 1:04 PM
More Comprehensive guide to recoloring Objects:
By Wintermuteai1
The best way to do this is to (we will use the alienware as an example) have your downloaded object sitting upon your desktop.
Now, Have Your latest game extractor, and SimPE ready.
Run Game Extractor. Click Open Archive, go to desktop and find the alienware computer. choose it. Now you will see the file. highlight, and extract. Click Open Archive again. In the Export folder in Game extractor, you will see alienware.package Click this.
It will load. Scroll down untill you find the file called:
#0x7f917190!computertoweralienware-green.txtr
extract this file. Close GE.
Open Bodyshop. Choose start new project, create clothing. I used a womens top. This keeps it simple. Import the Clothing.
Now, make sure you name it something you will easily remember, and be able to find. Lets say name it Recolor1. Load GE, Go to the saved sims folder find your package file it should have the Recolor1 title. open that archive. The file you want to replace is called:
`stdMatNormalMapTextureName.txtr
(it will say like !top or whatever in front of it.)
replace this: `stdMatNormalMapTextureName.txtr
with this:
Save and Close GE.
Ok, now: Start Body Shop. Start a new project, create clothes, choose recolor1 that you made earlier and export. Save it as Recolor2
close body shop. go to your projects folder find your project folder in there for this Tutorial it is called Recolor2
you will now see that this file:
top~stdMatNormalMapTextureName
looks like the alienware computer.
open this in your editing software make it look however you wish.
save it.
Ok, now: Open body shop, Import that project. The Reason for all this is so that bodyshop re-packages the edited bmp back into txtr format...
Close BS, Open GE, go to savedsims folder, find Recolor2.package open, extract the `stdMatNormalMapTextureName.txtr.
Now, open archive of the exported alienware.package, replace the #0x7f917190!computertoweralienware-green.txtr
with the Recolor2 extracted TXTRA file (stdMatNormalMapTextureName.txtra). Save and close GE.
Now open SimPE, open the alienware.package file you just edited, click object data, plugin view, change the GUID so it doesn't conflict with other pewters, save, exit.
Load TS2 game, it will be there for you to enjoy.
I hope this helps Everyone.
And here is the one i did:

[file=e107_files/public/3726_wintermuteai1xz.rar]3726_wintermuteai1xz.rar[/file]

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#30 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 1:06 PM
And the Screenshot for it !amazed

http://www.modthesims2.com/e107_files/public/3726_screenshot.jpg
[ Edited Tue Oct 26 2004, 05:06AM ]

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Oct 2004 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
`stdMatNormalMapTextureName.txtr
(it will say like !top or whatever in front of it.)
replace this: `stdMatNormalMapTextureName.txtr
with this:

Did this work? i had to use the #0x7f917190!computertoweralienware-green.txtrA

Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 12:49 AM
see #0x7f917190!computertoweralienware-green.txtr and #0x7f917190!computertoweralienware-green.txtra didnt work for me so i think its best to extract all of the .txtr and see which one works for you
[ Edited Tue Oct 26 2004, 04:52PM ]
Page 2 of 2