Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 8:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Please Help, my sim game is stuck in a "precious moment"
Well, the story is that I tried to pause the game before my sim went to propose to her "boyfriend", but the game paused during the moment everything came into place into a "film mode", well you know. And I can't get back to live mode without un-pausing it, and I can't unpause without going to the panel, which is unable to seen right now. Please, help me to get back to live mode.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 10:15 PM
I'm sorry that I'm posting this post, but I really need someone to reply because I have the game still on, and paused. Please help.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:08 PM
If you have your manual from the game box, there should be a way to get the control panel back up. Sorry, but I don't know the shortcut keys to get it back there... because I know there is a way to hide the control panel, too.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:49 PM
press F1 i think
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 2:38 AM
plutaniumsi, I tried but it didn't work. And daysies, I can't find the manual since my room is messy right now. But, thanks for trying to help. But, can anyone still help me.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:10 AM
I think it's the ~ key... the one with ~ on it. (I hope that's it!)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:17 AM
Press tab. That puts you in "camera" mode. (Maxis call it "cameraman" but that is sexist!) It had happened to me before...and the pause/unpause button is ~. Speeds 1, 2 and 3 are 1, 2, and 3! Hope that helps. :D

20% of the world uses 80% of the worlds resources.
Just a reminder.
~spread some peace today~
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:25 AM Last edited by minustoo : 25th Feb 2005 at 3:43 AM. Reason: typo
If i'm understanding the problem right, try pressing "P" to unpause it. If not, sorry for misunderstanding.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:49 AM
daysies, montecarlo, and minustoo, I tried everything you guys said. But, it didn't work. And montecarlo, when I pressed the tab button, nothing happened. :confused: But, thanks for helping guys. If you have any other suggestions other than turning off my computer, please post or help even more.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 4:06 AM
Make sure none of your keyboard buttons like num lock, scroll lock, etc. have been activated. Some of those interfere with the keyboard controls in the game.

The relevant keys in this situation are "P" to pause/unpause, 1, 2, 3 for speed, and Tab to switch from first person camera to live mode.

If you are stuck in camera mode and need to save the game, hit "Q" and it will quit the game, but ask you if you want to save. The game should return to normal mode when you re-enter the lot. HOWEVER, if your lot has suffered a glitch of some kind, saving the game is NOT recommended. Exiting without saving would be the safest thing to do. This can also be acheived by shutting the game down through the Task Manager.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 4:25 AM
saramkirk, the game just shut down with the task manager and nothing was saved sadly. But, thank you all for helping.