Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No Townies!
I have downloaded a new neighborhood and loaded a few famililes that I moved from another neighborhood.
The first difference I noted is when only one visitor would arrive to greet them into the new hood. Also no one would come home with them after work or school. No sims walk by the house except for the families I loaded or the usual NPCs.
There are no townies. What can I do to fix this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:41 PM
You could try turning on testing cheats (search the forum for the exact wording as capitalization matters and I'm not sure what it is) and shift click on the mailbox and look for the option that lets you spawn townies (I think it's spawn townies, but again not sure and can't look right now). I'm not sure that will work for you as I believe it should have happened automatically in your neighborhood, but seems like it's worth a try.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:53 AM
Thanks so much! It worked!
The cheat is: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:18 AM
I think the neighborhood is a new neighbornood (not the three created by EA), and sometimes the game fails to create townies.