Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Sim waves, camera zooms in, and says something annoying - Then repeat
A friend of mine has a serious problem that keeps popping up with her Sims 2 game. She will be playing a family when all of a sudden one of the Sims will wave their hand in the air, the camera zooms in on them, and the Sim says something. I think there is the icon for "no clear path" over their head. Anyway, the Sim then enters a loop of doing that over and over again. They can't do anything else and as a result she's had to kill them off using the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle's "Death By Hunger" option. Now I read in another thread that some people experienced this during the transformation of the second tri-master if they were employing the Pregnancy4All hacks. However, while she does have it in, or actually, did have it in (I pulled those 2 files out last week but it looped again today) out of the 5 or 6 Sims that have gotten stuck in the wave, only ONE was pregnant at the time. The others, be they teens, elders, or adults of either gender, were all definately unpregnant and not in any tri-master.

We tried to not save and quit to neighborhood, but on 2 occassions it occured quickly following a return trip from a community lot so returning to an earlier save was impossible. In fact, she had one Sim that no matter how many times you played it out, she would go into the wave loop about 20 seconds after she got home. I even exported the troubled family over to my computer and the same thing happened when I ran it.

And in case you need to know, we each have about 2800-3100 files in our Downloads folder. As I said earlier, I pulled several hacks from the folder last week, but the loop seems to continue to afflict some of her Sims. :banghead:

Any ideas? And any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:34 AM
It says (in the preg4all thread itself) a sim MUST be in something other than everyday or...something else and to use the teleporter to change his outfit to something like underwear. The hack may be gone, but I dont think itll stop until they are all in their underwear...or something.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:42 AM
um...maybe it's a corrupt lot or something, you said it pops up something about something being in the way? mine have done that alot, then i went in and cleared out the room (didn't delete everything, just moved it out onto the lawn) went back into live mode and it stopped.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 2:27 AM
Every Sim that had the strange behavior is dead now, but the loop continues to show up in new Sims and on new lots. And most were NOT pregnant, had no baby chimes during woohoo, and were not displaying any degree of 1st stage of pregnancy behavior.

She did clean out the room, but since the Sim is stuck in a loop it doesn't move anywhere.

But thank you for your replys anyway. If it occurrs again, whether or not the suspect Sim is with child, we'll change their clothes from "everyday/gym" to something else and see if that works.