Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 8:11 AM
Default I am new and need help!!!
:confused: I have downloaded lots of fun stuff off of sim sites. i read how to install them into my game, but it isnt working! if anyone could help i would be so greatfull! thanks! :confused:
Advertisement
The One and Only
#2 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 8:33 AM
Well, it would help if we knew exactly what you were trying to install.

If it was from this site, I'm going to say that you should read the stickies that are all over the place because they answer almost 99% of the questions newbies have.

Also, many of the objects/meshes/skins on this site have installation instructions in the post to which the files are attached.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 6:23 PM
i have downloaded stuff from all over the place and i am just overwhelmed. i will read on this site. Thanks but no thanks for the help! considering that I am a "newbie" i will read more on the site.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 7:39 PM
Basicly, you put the files with the extension .package in your downloads folder, and the downloads folder is in your sims2 folder which is in your documents.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 8:47 PM
Hello jkugolini - If you would be specific about the steps you are taking in attempting to download objects, someone could likely explain what your problem is. In other words, did you first create a new folder that you named "downloads" and put it in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 -- it has to be in "The Sims 2" folder. And, if you did that, when extracting the zip or rar files, did you state where you wanted the extracted files to be placed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by patches
Hello jkugolini - If you would be specific about the steps you are taking in attempting to download objects, someone could likely explain what your problem is. In other words, did you first create a new folder that you named "downloads" and put it in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 -- it has to be in "The Sims 2" folder. And, if you did that, when extracting the zip or rar files, did you state where you wanted the extracted files to be placed?

I did that, but maybey I missed a step. I will retry. I never created a download file in the sims 2, there already was one. I will retry. again thanks for the help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 12:05 AM
just re-tried with no sucssess. maybe my husband will have to do it. I am realy bad at this
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 9:42 PM
How do you know the objects are not in your game? If you know you downloaded a dining chair, you have to click on all styles of dining chairs. And, if there is an arrow to the LEFT of a style that you click on, click on that arrow, because more colors of that chair are displayed in that area. Objects that you download will have a white asterisk (daisy) in a top corner. Maybe you just don't know where to look for your downloaded objects.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 9:46 PM
perhaps they are not placed in the right directory. Have you installed the patch too? That might have an effect on newer objects.