Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 9:32 AM
Default Sims 2 - Shorter neck?
Hi, how are you today?

Does anyone know how to shorten the neck on a sim in Sims 2? Is it possible at all?

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 2:32 PM
I'm afraid not, unless you'd use a neck slider..if it exist.
The vertices that "attaches" the face* mesh to the neck part needs to be perfectly aligned, so at the exact same height.
On the picture I attached of a child's whole head & top, I have the whole head selected.
Easy to imagine what would happen, if one was to lower the top/last row of the neck's vertices (circled in blue).
*the head mesh is not the one to fear, as it is actually the face mesh that "shares" vertices with the neck*
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:30 PM
So there is a part which is tied to the face but there's a part tied to the body/outfit. Hard to make a slider then, it could only affect the top part, the part tied to the body would remain the same?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 2:59 AM
Not tied, but matches perfectly. neck gaps were common back in the days...but they never stopped an outfit/top from working, for instance.
I am almost sorry i even mentioned slider..i see how useless it would be now.
You cannot move the top row vertices of the neck, otherwise..neck gap or neck bleeding through face.
You cannot move the lower row vertices of the neck, otherwise bleeds through shoulder...
Head won't budge...but face can be moved up or down..
The only vertices left you could play with..would not change anything. I'm afraid, sliders are of no use either.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:21 AM
So it's mostly about the outfit's shape around the neck, otherwise the only solution is a long forehead. Beh.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:33 AM
Let's say, you'd want to mimic a shorter neck by moving up the shoulder part of your clothing mesh...would it still look good anytime a sim moves/animate? You could try, but make sure everything is still assigned accordingly. Shoulder vertices with shoulder bone, neck vertices with neck bone. In short, move it up, but don't change how it is assigned.