Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:45 PM Last edited by carolina_xoxo : 4th Mar 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Default Solved post, can delete
Solved post, can delete
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:51 PM
Is that regular, unmodified Strangetown? Because if it is, it's FUBAR. This happens with the premade neighborhoods because EAxis coded it very poorly. How FUBAR is yet to be seen, but do know one day this neighborhood will give out I used Strangetown as a test neighborhood, and within a few sim days I was seeing other SIMS in in inventories, memories as well, etc. In short, these errors are kind of to be expected.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:23 PM
A nicer way of saying F***ked Up Beyond All Recognition.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:25 PM
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carolina_xoxo
EDIT: OKAY so I solved everything lol, I finally found the culprit CC, removed it and all works fine now. [face palm]

I'm glad you were able to get your game working again.

What CC was causing the problem? Other gamers might like to avoid it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:18 PM
Anytime you know it's something in your download folder but have no clue what, it's time for the 50/50 search. Its tedious but most of us have done 1,2 or 3 of those over the past 16 years.

Glad to hear you have it working again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carolina_xoxo
I'm pretty sure the problem stemmed from me accidentally installing two default terrain replacements (in my defense, I bulk downloaded a lot of s**t that day), because once I removed them both everything went fine. I'd love to say which ones they were but I forgot as they're long gone from the recycle bin lol

I know the feeling - done the mega-batch-download thing way too often myself.

Having two replacements for the same thing at once can cause all kinds of weird symptoms. I'm glad you got it sorted out.