Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1244
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 950 (Who?), Viewed: 85077 times.
Search this Thread
Old 28th Jan 2018, 6:58 AM #701
r_deNoube
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
...Bed Bath and Beyond... chaos in the Beyond section...
Thank you for this. I had been avoiding those stores because I'd mis-heard the name as "Bloodbath and Beyond." With that corrected -- and provided that one keeps your warning in mind -- it sounds fairly safe.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Old 28th Jan 2018, 3:27 PM #702
Gargoyle Cat
Alchemist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
Thank you for this. I had been avoiding those stores because I'd mis-heard the name as "Bloodbath and Beyond." With that corrected -- and provided that one keeps your warning in mind -- it sounds fairly safe.

There is nothing 'bloodbath' about Bed, Bath and Beyond, but it will give you a massive headache if you have allergies. You don't even have to walk into the store before your sense of smell gets slammed by the stink of every candle and smelly thing they carry.

If there is something they have and you want, shop around first to find a better deal. They overprice everything then try to justify it with coupons that typically don't cover sales tax in my neck of the woods.
Old 28th Jan 2018, 8:48 PM #703
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Ok... recently, I have been trying to find the version of "Rock You Like a Hurricane" playing in the trailer for the heist\natural disaster mashup by F&F1 and xXx director Robert Cohen "The Hurricane Heist.

I found out later the version was a rerecording by the Scorpions (original artist) for a 30th anniversary. Found it on the Stranger Things soundtrack.

Then again, rocking out in the womb was my specialty in the majority of 1987. (My birthday is at the tail end of October.) Been getting on my mother's nerves even before I got out of the womb.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 1st Feb 2018, 7:47 PM #704
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Been thinking to start keeping diaries of various ideas I don't want anyone to see. I bought a number of notebooks.

I also got things worked out financially. Either way, I got this under control.

Edit: 2018/02/02
Just got the latest single album from my favorite German Eurodance group, who are currently making a comeback due to 1990s nostalgia being the hit trend (they were active from 1993 to 2005) and the album had two unique songs and the first two to feature a male vocalist in 12-13 years. The bonus track was an instrumental of the eponymous track.

I had been waiting for this since October 2017. My mother hates when I explode with joy over anything anticipated. She first experienced this during 1999 when I played ad infinitum Crush 40's "Open Your Heart", the theme song to Sonic Adventure until the game and Dreamcast launch date: 9/9/99. Her most concerned one was me buying The Sims 2 on launch day, she envisioned some kind of SpongeBob SquarePants sight gag of me breaking into smaller versions of myself and it would be a matter of getting myself together in a very literal manner.

My mother, however, works from early afternoon to early morning so I spared her my surplus of enthusiastic joy.

I finally got my first batch of notebooks ready. I have 4 composition notebooks, 1 as my diary and a pack of 3 for my lyrics. I also ordered special Japanese notebooks for engineering design purposes. A brand from Kokuyo, Campus, which has been in production since 1975. The ones I bought are themed after 5 popular Baskin Robbins flavors.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM.
Old 5th Feb 2018, 1:54 PM #705
Noa1500
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
There is nothing 'bloodbath' about Bed, Bath and Beyond, but it will give you a massive headache if you have allergies. You don't even have to walk into the store before your sense of smell gets slammed by the stink of every candle and smelly thing they carry.

If there is something they have and you want, shop around first to find a better deal. They overprice everything then try to justify it with coupons that typically don't cover sales tax in my neck of the woods.

That sounds terrifying. Are the terrible sections avoidable, or do you have to go through it like in Ikea? Why are scented things so smelly and terrible ?! You don't have to answer that last one, that's just me whinging
Old 5th Feb 2018, 5:10 PM #706
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I don't want to speak for Gargoyle Cat, but for me, though I love the smellies, I'm asthmatic and have many, many allergies. BB&B is on my try-not-to-visit list. Plus they are WAY overpriced.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 5th Feb 2018, 8:49 PM #707
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

I have allergies, just not to perfumes. However, my mother is highly allergic to perfumes. So it becomes a game of "Don't Set Off Mommy's Allergies" by me buying things with extremely mild scents.

Received the Baskin Robbins flavors themed notebooks. I also was ready to get blood drawn...and I forgotten my wallet. When I looked at the "ID Required" sign printout, I told Dad to take me tomorrow (It's about an hour one way to get to the lab).

Well, at least I have my packages. I have one more waiting. It's of disc storage sleeves that fit 6 discs.

Old 5th Feb 2018, 10:47 PM #708
Gargoyle Cat
Alchemist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
That sounds terrifying. Are the terrible sections avoidable, or do you have to go through it like in Ikea? Why are scented things so smelly and terrible ?! You don't have to answer that last one, that's just me whinging

It is the whole store. You literally walk into a wall of smell even before you get into the actual store. What makes it terrible is all the scents from all the candles and other smelly things they carry are mixed together which makes it overbearing. Walking into that store gives me a headache and it is because I don't like strongly scented things. They drive my allergies crazy, so I avoid them. I love candles as much as the next person, but there are only certain scents I will buy because everything else just stinks.

If you don't mind IKEA on their stinky candle days, Bed, Bath and Beyond may or may not bother you. All the scents are much stronger at Bed, Bath and Beyond though. That being said, the last time we went to IKEA, their candle section was extra stinky for some reason.

Hubby likes to say that I can smell a ant fart at 50 paces. My neighbors were doing laundry last weekend and they stunk me out. I know they were doing laundry because they put their stuff in the dryer and all I could smell was their Gain fabric softener. They live across the street. It just so happened the wind was blowing in my general direction when I brought the dog out.
Old 5th Feb 2018, 11:49 PM #709
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Bless your heart, you are so sensitive to scents.

It was a beautiful day here in Armpit. We're having a bit of a strawberry spring. It won't hold, I know. More cold weather will come. But this isn't unusual for this part of the country.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 8th Feb 2018, 2:02 AM #710
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My father noticed I've lost weight, started eating better, got my finances in better shape and exercising in the basement.

My mother also noticed.

I am actually growing up as a person. Ever since we moved back to NJ, I have been taking more initiative to grow.

My father expressed his joy and my mother's joy on her behalf.

This is a start...

Old 8th Feb 2018, 10:47 PM #711
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

I had a normal day. Or at least...for Therapy Thursday.

I got a package of storage sheets for discs I have. So far, I stored quite a few shows in my binders.

My parents are out for Thai food. I don't mind Thai, but I am letting them have their Valentine's Day date early because they work during the week and my mother is off on Thursdays.

Besides, my night is just beginning. I didn't get out of bed until around 10:25. Last night was rough because it meant construction of a schedule of neuroses to work through and showing my mother the various convenience stores along the route home.

My mother is happy to see me progress forward. To me, it was about damn time that new growth happened in a long time.

Old 9th Feb 2018, 2:07 AM #712
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Not today, but yesterday. The alarm called in one of the patient rooms, and I went in to see what's going on. When I opened the door, everyone (patient+visitors) just stared at me, wondering why I was there, because nobody pulled the call line for the nurse alarm. And that's when I noticed one of the visitors is sitting on a very tight call line. Since there wasn't an emergency, I quickly turned and left, giggling silently to myself.

I guess that's another variant of buttdialling (also known as buttcall)

(technically not at all an uncommon occurrence at work, because those lines/threads/strings get tied up in everything, but still... It was quite amusing in the moment).
Old 9th Feb 2018, 11:50 AM #713
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I've been down with a virus for a few days, which means the amusing sibling rivalry between the coonies had to move to the bedroom. They are so cute and funny as the maneuver to try to get closer to me than the other, or in the more desirable resting position. But, since I was sick and they weren't, they also had a lot of energy to burn off. So, they would get into position, look to be sure the other one saw, and then, jump on each other, run across the bed and play.

Old 9th Feb 2018, 2:01 PM #714
cherry4567
Field Researcher

Right in the middle of a winter that was as hot as hell, I realized how much I love my life and how beautiful life is.
I don't know what happens or how it happens, but sometimes with the smallest things, like the smell of fresh air coming in from my window, I feel like it's all worth it.I'm so glad that I can feel this happy nowadays. It feels like I'm alive again.Hope everyone gets to feel like this someday.
Old 9th Feb 2018, 3:29 PM #715
OrennaKhali
Lab Assistant

I have enough money to rent a home. I feel 50% less compelled to take my own life within the comming weeks.
Old 9th Feb 2018, 5:16 PM #716
TheSweetToddler
Instructor

17 Achievements

It's Carnival day at my school! But other than that, I got to say goodbye to my friend before these 10 days of no school start!

- Anything is Possible -
Old 9th Feb 2018, 8:55 PM #717
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My cat Gemini has been following me like a dog to its master (no surprise there, because she was raised with purse and teacup dogs so she exhibits canine behavior) She watched me work at my work bench in the basement, plucking old doll hairs out to prepare for new hair for my custom dolls. I use doll heads from standard Barbie-type fashion dolls and combine them with the critically acclaimed Made to Move Barbie body. No kidding, especially since it has 22 points of articulation and Barbie in her debut started with 5, so it was a nice change when it came to buying doll parts, which my Japanese supplier only had 2 shades of white and the heads were smaller than Barbie.

Not that I have any pressure on me, but it's become a choice of singer, chef or toy maker.

Either way, I have options open.

Old 11th Feb 2018, 3:45 AM #718
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

My game seems to be working (yay!) - I've been terrified of trying it because of all the issues I've had with my laptop lately, but it started without anything bad happening, and so far so good.

(Starting to think I may have caused some bugs when I took the latest disk cleanup, cleaning out some old Windows update files. Probably not the best idea I had... On occasion the CPU goes ballistic (up in 70-90%, as opposed to the usual 0-30%), and the last time I noticed this, the laptop bugged out again. Then there's bluescreens and that weird pixelly screen, though the pixelly screen hasn't shown for a few days now. Begnning to think there are some buggy drivers or some such, because for the most part the laptop works alright).
Old 11th Feb 2018, 4:54 PM #719
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

I guess today I was able to sort my Sims in The Sims 4 in Newcrest. I'm considering removing the pet clinic since there aren't any pets to care for.

I took a clip from the English language version of G Gundam that sounded like a Charlie Brown quote and did some video editing. Trippy as it is, I guess my work as an editor is pretty volatile if the timing is right. However, A\V editing is just something I have been doing since I was 11.

In any case, today was also my reintroduction to fruit. Ate three Cuties clementines.

Old 11th Feb 2018, 10:19 PM #720
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

It seems kind of silly that this made my day...
For a little background; every Sunday I spend all day taking care of lovely woman with a learning disability and her sister usually visits mid-morning. Today it was really cold out and I said I hoped it would stop raining by the time I had to walk home. Fast forward a few hours, the sister calls my work and asks me if I'd like a lift home because she'd been worrying about me all day. (Luckily I had arranged a lift home so I didn't have to walk)
I just thought it was quite sweet that she would go out of her way considering we live in opposite directions, and her home isn't anywhere near my work.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 12th Feb 2018, 9:49 AM #721
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

It's 4:45 in the morning and I have been awake since 11:30 last night. I have not been getting rest. I am whacked out from the blood draw this morning. I put my wallet in a secure pocket because the laboratory where they draw my blood is extremely strict that you have a photo ID and they are located about an hour by car to get there.

I also need to stop by a convenience store because I can no longer go to Taco Bell unless it's my designated day. In fact, takeout is usually off limits except for 1 day each month. The second Saturday is my only day to eat takeout. I can usually find a protein bar which has significantly less calories than my usual order.

Either way, I feel like crap because I worry too much.

I guess my day was made when I reconstructed Newcrest to address the doppelganger issue. I mean, "I'm awake...I might as well channel this anxious energy into something constructively well managed." :P

Old 12th Feb 2018, 6:24 PM #722
Noa1500
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
It is the whole store. You literally walk into a wall of smell even before you get into the actual store. What makes it terrible is all the scents from all the candles and other smelly things they carry are mixed together which makes it overbearing. Walking into that store gives me a headache and it is because I don't like strongly scented things. They drive my allergies crazy, so I avoid them. I love candles as much as the next person, but there are only certain scents I will buy because everything else just stinks.

If you don't mind IKEA on their stinky candle days, Bed, Bath and Beyond may or may not bother you. All the scents are much stronger at Bed, Bath and Beyond though. That being said, the last time we went to IKEA, their candle section was extra stinky for some reason.

Hubby likes to say that I can smell a ant fart at 50 paces. My neighbors were doing laundry last weekend and they stunk me out. I know they were doing laundry because they put their stuff in the dryer and all I could smell was their Gain fabric softener. They live across the street. It just so happened the wind was blowing in my general direction when I brought the dog out.

Nice to know that's another place I need to avoid for future reference

I'm very bad with fragrences. I've made the parentals change which soaps, showergels, detergents we buy. Even the flowers that mum buys! It's a chore, really. Having to go out of my way to search for something to avoid feeling like death (like I can't use the deoderant I used last summer anymore???). You know several people have told me that I should probably get an allergy test just to check if its the combination of certain ingredients or actually a fragrence sensitivity, but its been like 10 years and I still haven't done anything about it. Hehe, oops.

Now that I'm on my semester abroad, it was really weird having to explain it to my flatmates cos they noticed I avoid several people or distance myself from them. And I can't exactly go up to those people and tell them "yo your deoderant /perfume / afteshave is putting me on the edge of commiting a felony".
Old 12th Feb 2018, 7:47 PM #723
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Thank Heaven, I don't react to scents (yet, groan).

Old 14th Feb 2018, 1:59 AM #724
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Well, I swept and vacuumed 3 of the rooms in the downstairs area. (Our house doesn't have any carpeting. At all. We lay down rugs if need be)

My father outlined my guide lines of floor duty. There are 7 rooms in the downstairs and the hallway counts as one of them. For each room swept and vacuumed, $1 is added back to my allowance as part of an agreement to earn it back without irritating my sensory overload issue.

I did 3 rooms of floors today. I missed the entire perimeter of the kitchen by the counters' baseboards, but thankfully, my father alert to pay attention to that detail. So I got $3 and a tip on better cleaning of the kitchen.

I would add mopping to the chore list as part of a monthly cleaning.

But I had my work cut out for me on my first evaluation. My father tracked in dried mud with his sneakers. I thought my accumulation of food crumbs under my chair was bad. At least I knew of the crumbs.

Evaluation was great. Tomorrow I have floor duty in the hearth room, the mud room, the water closet (it's oddly roomy) and the hallway. I also need to finish the dining room.

Old 16th Feb 2018, 6:02 AM #725
Mordecai and Rigby
Banned

1 Achievements

Beautiful music :D

Section jump: