Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi @omglo !

I just edited that in there for you. I think what happened was that there was some confusion, since the tutorials forum and the forum overview are basically the same for the sims 2, and thus modding discussions was left out, but it should show up agian! If it doesn't, then try this link: http:/www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623666&regen=1 or just wait a few minutes for the site to cache the changes

Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 6:49 PM
Holy smoke, what's happened to the menu bar? It's a bit complicated now... I hit the modding button and was met with a wall of text! Perhaps things could be simplified? For example, if there is a link to the forum overview then I can hit that to see the other categories, instead of having them all listed there.
Theorist
#28 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 7:23 PM
I like the menu bar with all of the options and think it's one of the better site updates. It's neat and tidy and is a lot quicker for me to navigate and find what I'm looking for... the forum pages themselves not so much. I find them incredibly convoluted and it's takes me awhile to figure them out even though I'm not new to the site and usually know what I'm looking for.
Instructor
#29 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 7:31 PM Last edited by monijt1 : 17th Feb 2019 at 7:35 PM. Reason: being fixated about my menu suggestions.
For nostalgia reasons, I really don't mind the menu now. Maybe the menu should be separated by Game, with the categories under.

For example:

I took out the majority of the sub-categories because there are just too many. I'm probably wrong, but I bet half of the users on here rarely click on the sub-categories.

ETA: Having little icons in the menu would be nice too. It's just to bland with just text and links.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:55 AM
I noticed that some threads do not allow me to attach any files or pictures. I hate that.

I have entered the challenge for Mrs C's house - and it looks like some other users (eg. Post 14 and Post 43) could attach their pictures to their thread - here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623804.

Any reason for that?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I noticed that some threads do not allow me to attach any files or pictures. I hate that.

I have entered the challenge for Mrs C's house - and it looks like some other users (eg. Post 14 and Post 43) could attach their pictures to their thread - here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623804.

Any reason for that?

Hrm I think site news has been kinda buggy with that? I've heard from others it did that too, where some could attach it and then other members couldn't. Usually it should work, but it's not like an error or anything that's causing it right?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Anyway "less is more" is about all I have to offer in terms of useful advice. Usually when I get stuck trying to improve a project of mine, I just blanket delete parts of it and go from there. Now of course I usually find out I deleted some things that shouldn't have been deleted......but that doesn't mean it's not refreshing to throw away your own hard work.
And of course "less and more" means taking away dozens of features that might be used by people.....but trying to please everyone and everything is an unattainable goal. Screwing everyone equally, now that's a noble one.

I do want to say that regarding the "theme" design from a non-functional perspective but just the colours and shapes and stuff, it will be pretty minimized and modern, but also still in its own way a little like this? That's why I was curious about the reasons behind some people using classic actually. As a web designer myself, I just find that interesting stuff to read! Although, some good news for those classic users, we'll be returning, what I like to call, a younger brother version of that one So I guess... stay tuned? :P

Regarding functionality, the only things that we might be removing, is super duper duper minor stuff that according to the survey as well as the stats only 100 people have looked at within a specific year-frame. So that won't be missed tbh.

Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
For nostalgia reasons, I really don't mind the menu now. Maybe the menu should be separated by Game, with the categories under.

For example:

I took out the majority of the sub-categories because there are just too many. I'm probably wrong, but I bet half of the users on here rarely click on the sub-categories.

ETA: Having little icons in the menu would be nice too. It's just to bland with just text and links.

I likey! Could be something to keep in mind actually because dear god the navbar sometimes feels overwhelming! We've also thought of ways to make it lesser (also one of the reasons the "upload" got split, also because new members, including back when I was a huge noob using the site, couldn't even find that button couldn't for the life of me find it). On the other hand, the fact that under modding, for example, you can easily go to the modding discussions if you wanna, or about CASparts, and what-not. So the user experience there is so widely variated that it's kinda confusing what to decide here :P
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#33 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Any reason for that?

According to your permissions you should have access to post attachments in site news. Do you just not get the screen to do that or... what?

Let me know! Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 6:04 AM
Thank you, @Tashiketh

I have (and can) attach a file/pic to this thread. So I attached a pic of what I get on most other threads in the forums:
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#35 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Holy smoke, what's happened to the menu bar? It's a bit complicated now... I hit the modding button and was met with a wall of text! Perhaps things could be simplified? For example, if there is a link to the forum overview then I can hit that to see the other categories, instead of having them all listed there.

It's the same, I just renamed Create to Modding.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#36 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1

For example:

I actually quite like this - it reminds me of the early days of the site, and I think it is much more in line with what people expect. Usually when people visit a site like MTS it's for a specific *game* rather than all games, so having it be split this way is not a bad idea!

Theorist
#37 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 20th Feb 2019 at 6:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Discussion forums around here on the other hand are a mess. There is no point in holding on to threads that have been deleted whether it be in the Help section or any other section for that matter. They should go away if possible.

https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623835

I don't think this is possible, but since I complained about it, I should offer a solution. If there is a way for somebody to clean up deleted threads while not having to wear a Mod or Admin cap ( I'm not asking for nor do I want either position) I'd volunteer to engage in some 'housekeeping' around here to remove deleted threads.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623835

I don't think this is possible, but since I complained about it, I should offer a solution. If there is a way for somebody to clean up deleted threads while not having to wear a Mod or Admin cap ( I'm not asking for nor do I want either position) I'd volunteer to engage in some 'housekeeping' around here to remove deleted threads.

We were actually discussing not too long ago about revamping the labels, not sure if that will actually go into action but I guess having someone to check over to do the housekeeping would be a great blessing since Forums are the hardest and most time consuming place to move stuff around, etc.
Theorist
#39 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 3:26 PM
If there is a way to make it happen, my offer stands.

I know TS3 general discussion board tends to gather lots of threads that should be posted in the Help section.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:51 PM
If we're talking about the attachments....I've been a site regular for about 5 years now and I still don't know how they work? There's this giant MANAGE ATTACHMENTS tab stuck to the bottom of the page and I'm scared to go near it. Especially since it says the maximum file size is 800 kilobytes for a JPG and 512 for a PNG. The maximum size for either format on Imgur is 5 megabytes (if you want it uncompressed) and it doesn't have a big scary interface, so I know which one I prefer....

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 2:31 PM
*kindly copy pastes this link* http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=622181

We, too also noticed its confusing as hell so Tash has been asking people to beta test our new uploader! I’ve been using it myself to beta test it and made numerous of tutorials with it and it’s great! So might be worth checking out if you feel a big need of replacing it soon, else you all will have access to it soon

The sizes also changed actually which this new uploader has more info on. So great new upload wizard is great! :D
Mad Poster
#42 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 3:08 PM
Ooh sounds promising. Would be great if the whole site became essentially that. Looks kind of TS4-ized, which is something I personally don't mind at all.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#43 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 2:37 PM
The HTML5 Uploader looks good, so far. Definitely an improvement from what we currently have.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Scholar
#44 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:56 AM
So...any news on the matter of creating a new forum design? Are there any mock-ups that were created by staff to determine what a new forum would looks like? Or no news yet?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#45 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:53 AM
I'd like it if when I clicked on a thread link it automatically took me to the last unread rather than me having to click go to last unread.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
So...any news on the matter of creating a new forum design? Are there any mock-ups that were created by staff to determine what a new forum would looks like? Or no news yet?

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Tash actually started on the coding regarding the discussions forums, however, i did create some mockups for a potential download page suggestion so I’ll see if i can publish those into the world (aka the other hate/love thread but for the download page) and see if you guys will like it! obviously that need permission first :P
Scholar
#47 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:21 AM
I was thinking it would be better to have a mock-up shown first, in case coding takes a while to do. Then if coding is done, and you guys reveal the design and it ends up being...underwhelming, then that might be a put-down.

At least if there's positive feedback about the mock-ups, then coding should be less stressful to do. And if there's negative feedback about certain aspects of the mock-ups, then that avoids time for coding something that'll be removed anyway.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#48 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 7:42 PM
Posted it here! This is the download forum so please only reply for feedback and stuff there

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...191#post5507191
Mad Poster
#49 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:35 PM
Default Forum suggestion: Click-to-quote-many?
What If you click on the replies number/id (or whatever it's called) while your message box is selected/typed in use, this would paste the quote or tag the user without reloading the page?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#50 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 7:43 PM
Know where the best place for feedback the site, which the discussion forums are part of, would be site issues. And quite possibly, the aptly named FEEDBACK - What do you like/hate about the Discussion forums? So I merged it to that so that the people who do actual coding of the site may see it.
Page 2 of 2