Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 15th May 2007 at 10:16 AM
You're using it right, your sim pretty much has to reach death level needs to exit on their own. It's still important though, because if it's not there your sims will never die! The wait for notify will pull your sims out of the animation to be reaped when their needs reach rock bottom.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 15th May 2007 at 3:26 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Therefore, looks like I'll have to add codes as I want my sims to leave and get out of the loop before they reach "rock bottom" needs.
Test Subject
#103 Old 30th May 2007 at 4:12 AM
Nice tutorial.

By the way was the humor in "Part 2: Making the sim come" intentional?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 30th May 2007 at 10:55 AM
All humour is intentional. Except when it isn't.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 5:35 AM
Echo, your tutorial guides this poor soul to free of confusion in hacking BHAV.

I Thank you, Kind One...
Test Subject
#106 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 9:54 PM Last edited by VioletSky : 8th Jul 2007 at 9:59 PM. Reason: Problem Solved!
Hi Echo!
I've made it to Part 3. Now, I'm using SimPE .62. I've gotten to the part on you're tutorial where I'm supposed to click the single arrow next to the "Operands" spot. I can't really do that since my buttons are hammer&wrench and a quotation mark.
I clicked on the hammer&wrench button thinking they were the correspondent to the single arrow and I got something totally different. Help?

EDIT: I fixed it, nevermind. I must have chosen the Init function by mistake. I chose the hammer&wrench button and the right box showed up.

Forty-Two! "Q"! Cheese!

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Instructor
#107 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 8:16 PM Last edited by wndy26 : 9th Aug 2007 at 8:50 PM.
Can someone tell me, with this tutorial, if I add skilling to a painting will it affect their animation? I want to have my sims view and earn charisma from viewing - sort of like studying art history gives the ability to converse better about art. Then add a bhav for studying that adds creativity. But I don't want the sims to change their animation - I want the animation to be the viewing animation so when sims come to the art gallery they are not doing strange wild animations while viewing the art.

UPDATE:
NVM...I saw what I needed in the tutorial...gonna work it over this weekend if I can figure out how to create my own item instead of just doing a recolor...lol. I have a fantastic plan for an Art Center/School.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Chrizta0000 : 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:59 PM.
I did the first part of the tutorial, you know, the pie menu strings where I had to name the new pie menu. But, when I went into Pie Menu Resources, cloned view, and clicked Pie String ID, I didn't see my animation. Can you please help me?
I also used the painting that you was using in the tutorial.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 12:21 AM
Hey Chrizta,

If something is not working right for you in this tutorial, I really do need you to post your object in its current state. The tutorial is correct, but sometimes it's easy to miss things. Unfortunately, if I can't see the file then I have no way of guessing which things you might have missed. As far as guessing goes though... Did you remember to change the group ID to 0xFFFFFFFF on the two pie menu files?
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 2:14 AM
Okay, I have a really stupid question to ask, how do you post an object?
And yes, I did do the 0xFFFFFFFF as you had asked.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 4:34 AM
When you go into reply mode, there's a button called "manage attachments".
Mad Poster
#112 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 7:07 PM
Sorry...i really don't know if this is the right place to ask...but i am new and lost...lol

I want to bring toddlers for outing, as for the children or anyone else.
But they have no " join casual group" options.
My question is : where can I learn to make a hack that would allowes that ?

i thought it was a BHAV, so I posted my question here...again, if i am at the wrong place, please redirect me !!!

Thanks,
Rosemary :0)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 3:22 AM
You will most likely need a bit of BHAV knowledge, as well as a bit of knowledge about pie menus and possibly plug in socials. Having not tried to make this sort of mod before, I can't give you much more information about how to go about it though.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:32 PM
Okay, thanks anyways !
I did some mod for the sims one, but for sims2...i really don't know where to find this and that !!!

Test Subject
#115 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 12:53 PM
First - Let me say THANX ALOT - This was absolutly an opener 4 my confused Mind, wich was trying to figure out how this works.

So I done this Tutorial through all Steps an it worked great beside one Thing:
B4 I have to note, that I'm not running an english version of the Game an used another Object of the same Group-

So When I import the Pie Menu from Semi-Globals and give the Strings names, they not show up.
To explain what I mean:
I called the Behavior "mach was" in german and "do something" english. so far so good in the line where is "view" the german entry is empty and what ever I type in there , in the Game shows up a standard translation "Betrachten" AND
wich is the real bad case my pie-menue Button stays empty even if I say it should use default langauge, and when I try to set german or English as default, what I tried in my desperation the strings all go empty.

So I think there must be a standard translation package anywhere?????
(This is noted in the second form next the string-input needed .....)

All other is fine, but I have to get a german text 4 testing.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 1:38 PM
Normally what you have done should work. Could you post your .package file here so I can see it?
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 6:35 PM
i think possibly your answer to Edootjuh already answered part of my question.

i am trying to add an interaction between toddlers and the orchard trees. i fiddled about and found that i need to enter 89 instead of 81 to call toddlers. this worked great as far as getting the toddler to approach the tree. i also got his little motive to max just fine.

when i get to the animation bit however, there is (surprise, surprise) no "STR#: Anims - Toddler" presumably because the trees currently do not have toddler animations. i also get the "Animation: [Fallback: Global] " deal that Edootjuh got. do i just carry on as you advised Edootjuh, or do i need to do something else as a toddler is involved? like maybe stealing/copying/adding something from an object that *does* have toddler animations?

also, any info you can pass on about setting a gender check on an animation would be appreciated. gotta be a way, female sims aren't peeing standing up!

sorry this is lenghtly. i'm trying to ask clear specific questions, lol.
Test Subject
#118 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 6:43 PM
Default @Echo
You are right it works, not know what i did wrong, but I started a new Projekt and now everything is fine.

Now I'm playing with this and the 2nd tutorial to make something more funny

I'll let you see it, when I'm ready
Mad Poster
#119 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 11th Sep 2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: made a error, typing...
Echo....what if i want to add to the simmies's pie menu ?
add options to a sim, insted of an object...where can i find the "sims" file, to open it in SimPE ?
Hoping i am clear....LOL
in sims one it was the personGlobal .far, but what is it for sims2 ?

Thank you,
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 12:06 AM
Quote:
like maybe stealing/copying/adding something from an object that *does* have toddler animations?

leighkuhn - Exactly. You'll need to steal or create a STR# 0x89 for your package, then put the animations names in that you want the toddler to run. You can import it from any semi-global if you want as long as you change the group to 0xFFFFFFFF, or you can just use the "clone" option on an existing STR# and change its instance number to 0x89.

Rosebine - Do a search on "social plugins". They're the objects you need to clone and edit to get options to show up under a sim's pie menu instead of the object's own pie menu.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 2:40 AM
oh thank you a bunch !!!....do I serch in my directory...or here ? (sorry this is probably stupid...lol)

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 4:39 AM
Here on mts2. I'm fairly sure there are a few threads about them somewhere in one of the tutorials forums.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 8:27 PM
Okay, thanks again !

Rosie :o)
Mad Poster
#124 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 2:39 PM
thanks again Echo, i think you sent me to the right place !...though I don't think i can follow those tuts really...those are made for more experienced hackers, so there is not much details...But ! lol
I tried myself yesterday, and clone a few things, that seems to be what i need to clone...such as "invite a sim on community lot"
there, you find "handles baby/toddlers?"...and then "sitter list"...anyways, I changed a few false, to return to true...

so far it dosen't work...so i have alot to learn.
but at least, hacking the sims one gave me a few basic infos !!! LOL

Thanks a lot, now I'll stop bugging you...

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#125 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:47 PM
Okay, I have revisited your tutorial to remind myself of the process and make sure I did not forget anything. I have added a custom interaction, but when I try it I get a "Bad gosub tree number" error. I clicked "Delete" and it deleted the active Sim. I can post the object if necessary, but any idea why it happens or how to fix it?

The base object is a lamp; changing the semi-globals from "LampGlobals" to "PaintingGlobals" would not let me place the object giving a "Check tree primitive blocked completion" error. I mention this because the only search result for "Bad gosub tree number" I could find dealt with semi-globals.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Page 5 of 16