Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 12:28 PM Last edited by MoogleMog : 18th Mar 2024 at 5:33 PM. Reason: Typo
WCIF mod to allow child Sims to accompany teen to Uni hood?
Hi all! I'm wondering if there's any mod or method to take existing child Sims with a teen when they go to university. I've seen several forums talking about making babies at university with various YA mods, but nothing about bringing existing child Sims with a teen when they leave.

I have my family of a teen (Hayley) who takes care of her little sister (Mimi) after their parents passed, using InTeen so they can live without an adult in the house, but I've been trying to figure out what to do when it comes time to send Hayley to university. When she leaves for university, Mimi will be the only one left in the family which is obviously an issue, and while I could put her in a placeholder family I'd really like to bring her with Hayley if at all possible. (Can't see her leaving her little sister behind!) InTeen doesn't seem to support this in any fashion as far as I can tell even though it has various support for births at university.

Are there any mods/hacks or boolprop cheats I can use to make this possible?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 2:06 PM
You don't actually need InTeen to have a house with just teens and children. It's vanilla game; look at the Newsons.

I don't know of a mod that does what you want, but seeing as she has her little sister to care for I'd imagine that she wouldn't want to go away to University. The mods here will let her attend Uni while still living at home. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You don't actually need InTeen to have a house with just teens and children. It's vanilla game; look at the Newsons.

I don't know of a mod that does what you want, but seeing as she has her little sister to care for I'd imagine that she wouldn't want to go away to University. The mods here will let her attend Uni while still living at home. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html

Oh, neat! I had no idea that you could have a house with just teens and children in vanilla. I was hoping for something that would allow them to go to the campus hood together as I thought it would be interesting having Hayley navigating campus life while also still caring for Mimi, but I'll look into those mods as a backup plan in case it isn't possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 2:52 PM
After making a backup to be safe, I've realized it's possible to accomplish this by using the Sim Manipulator's summon commands after Hayley is on a university residential lot (not a dorm since I've read dorms cause big issues when doing stuff like this) to summon Mimi to the lot, then using the Move In command to add Mimi to the family. I have no idea if this will cause any issues, but since I have a backup save I'll try playing a bit and post the results.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 3:01 PM
You might have a problem with grades. The school bus won't come on a Uni lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 3:49 PM
You might have a problem with grades. The school bus won't come on a Uni lot.

Lamare's "Uni-school-bus" as part of their YA maternity mod seems to work fine with my setup to get the school bus to pick up children from university! The only issue now is that nannies can't track class schedules and have to be manually hired for each class.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoogleMog
Lamare's "Uni-school-bus" as part of their YA maternity mod seems to work fine with my setup to get the school bus to pick up children from university! The only issue now is that nannies can't track class schedules and have to be manually hired for each class.

Ah, didn't know about that. I've never tried to get a Uni student pregnant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 5:32 PM
Ah, didn't know about that. I've never tried to get a Uni student pregnant.

Thanks for your help! I didn't know about those college-from-home mods and I'm definitely going to use those for a future family (or this one if this uni method doesn't work out.)