Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 10:06 AM Last edited by simmysmalls : 7th Jun 2019 at 11:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop Is Empty?
Hello there, I recently tried experimenting with the Sims 2 Body shop to be disappointed when the copy that came with my Sims 2 Double Deluxe wouldn't run. It only pulled up a Sims 2 looking blue window that said to double click on custom content to install it. I didn't find much trouble shooting help online, so I decided to install a disk version of the Body Shop from 2004. It told me that I already had a later version installed so I didn't have to install this one, but I did anyway since my newer version refused to run. To my surprise, it actually worked and runs with no technical issues. However, the shop is totally empty. There is one hairstyle per gender, one outfit per gender, and only three or four skintones to pick from. I see pics people put up online and it looks like its teeming with hairstyles and clothes, even the picture on the back of the package for the disk shows a wealth of hairstyles to play with. Did I maybe do something wrong when deciding to install the old copy or am I just missing some steps to fill it with the clothes and hair? Sorry if this is a stupid question; I didn't even know Body Shop was a thing until I found the disk. Thanks!

edit: I am using Windows 10, so that may be messing with it? Windows 10 doesn't seem to be overly kind to Sims 2 Simmers, I've found.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 10:16 AM
Do you only have double deluxe, or do you have any EPs or the UC? If you have any EPs other than what comes with DD, you need to use the Bodyshop file included with your latest released EP.

If you have the UC, or another TS2 version, Bodyshop probably needs to be connected to the game, and the older version probably doesn't recognize the game folders.

If you have a newer graphic card or run win10 you may have to do a little bit of trixing to get it to work.

I managed to make my copy of UC Bodyshop work fine on win10, and did the same change to it as I did to the game to make it work. If you have changed the graphicrules and video card files in the Config folder for your latest EP, try copying these and replace the ones in CSconfig in the sp9 folder (this is apparently the location Bodyshop draws the info from). I also did the 4gb fix on the Bodyshop file. I did the same to homecrafter, and even it worked fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 10:18 AM
Have you set up the graphic rules? Body shop needs them too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you only have double deluxe, or do you have any EPs or the UC? If you have any EPs other than what comes with DD, you need to use the Bodyshop file included with your latest released EP.

If you have the UC, or another TS2 version, Bodyshop probably needs to be connected to the game, and the older version probably doesn't recognize the game folders.

If you have a newer graphic card or run win10 you may have to do a little bit of trixing to get it to work.

I managed to make my copy of UC Bodyshop work fine on win10, and did the same change to it as I did to the game to make it work. If you have changed the graphicrules and video card files in the Config folder for your latest EP, try copying these and replace the ones in CSconfig in the sp9 folder (this is apparently the location Bodyshop draws the info from). I also did the 4gb fix on the Bodyshop file. I did the same to homecrafter, and even it worked fine.

Aside from the Nightlife EP that came with Double Deluxe, I have University and Seasons (Wish I had been able to snag UC from Origin but such is life). I'm not sure what you mean by changing the rules and video card files; I didn't have to change anything with those EP files to make them run. Do you mean the compatibility mode thing I had to do to run Double Deluxe? And what do you mean by the 4gb fix? Again, sorry if its a dumb question, I don't mess with game files and things like at all so I don't really know what you mean.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you set up the graphic rules? Body shop needs them too.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean the Compatibility mode thing? I did have to change that to get Double Deluxe to run.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 11:09 AM
Ok I feel stupid now haha, I don't know what happened between the last time I tried it this morning and now, but now it works. I seem to be noticing that a lot with this game. Something won't work right and then it will out of nowhere. Now all of the University and Seasons stuff shows up fine and even the custom hair and clothes show up. Guess I'll make sure I wait awhile before posting on the forum for help.Thank you for the replies and sorry if I wasted anyone's time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 11:23 AM
The sims 2 needs the graphic rules to be set to see modern graphics cards. https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker
Also you need the 4 gb patch which can only be used without any compatibility mode.

Check out the sticky thread in help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 11:30 AM
If you have Seasons, you need to use the Seasons version of Bodyshop. The Bodyshop file should be in roughly the same location, but in the Seasons folder.

The Seasons version included outerwear, and there were a lot of other changes done, so there's no point in trying an older version that lack these functions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The sims 2 needs the graphic rules to be set to see modern graphics cards. https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker
Also you need the 4 gb patch which can only be used without any compatibility mode.

Check out the sticky thread in help.

Ok, I will try that. Thank you. I did get the body shop to work fine with all the content, but now the Sim doesn't show up in the game or the Sim Bin. I'll try tweaking the graphics and see if that does anything. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 1:07 PM
Make sure files actually get exported to the SavedSims folder (sims saved in Bodyshop and sim templates installed from a Sims2package file look like a random string of 8x8 characters, something like "ba8c4d2f_5a320f8c.package")