Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2019 at 4:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Holes (Transparency) in CC hair defaults.
Hi. I recently installed The Sims 2. I've never played it with cc so I don't know the issues it has or does not have.

So I was wondering if this is a normal issue with the CC hairs, they are all defaults I have been replacing!!
Or if there is a mod to fix this?

They appear the same way in game. I have tried too google this but did not find much.

-windows10 -i7-7700hq -16gb ram -geforce 1060

I have used the graphics rule maker. i've attached an image.

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2019 at 5:04 PM
It tends to be a mesh layering issue, where the mesh thinks the bottom layer is supposed to show through to the top. Often a problem with 3t2/4t2 hairs that don't come in top/bottom layers like most TS2 hairs do, but instead in one single layer/group.

Those hairs do look a bit like TS3 hairs (texture/structure-wise), so I'm fairly sure this is the case.

There are a few things that can be done, but it needs to be done to the actual mesh or recolor file. I don't think there's something that fixes all hairs, since this is a 'one at a time' issue.

Best way to fix it is to separate the bottom layer from the top layer, and make sure the groups are layered properly before exporting. Sometimes it may be neccessary to make more layers (the mesh groups can have the same name so you don't need extra textures, but with different opacity in the comments if using Milkshape). Outside of that, some tinkering to the texture can make the problem a bit less visible, but fixing the meshes is the best way (since it fixes all recolors in a go).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2019 at 9:57 PM
I've usually had good luck just putting a scalp cap under hairs with that problem. These are accessories (in the Glasses section) and fit on your sim's head under the hair mesh. There are a few hairs these don't look good with because the scalp cap sticks out from under the hairline, but the caps do work well with most hairs that I need them for.

Maxis-continued (Maxis-match)
https://maxis-continued.tumblr.com/...p-cap-accessory

Mrs. Mquve (pookleted). Males and females in two different downloads at the bottom of this page:
https://mrs-mquve.dreamwidth.org/39155.html

The colors Mrs. Mquve uses are in this image:
https://imgur.com/C4bUrCw
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st May 2019 at 11:54 PM
A scalp should help the first one but I think the top right one is sitting too high and the scalp will show. They are always worth a try as a quick fix. I seem to have poor luck with scalps, either they show below the hairline or are the wrong shade.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:14 PM
Thanks all!