Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Graphics rule
I've never added the graphic rules to my game before and i am a bit anxious about it as im not sure what to do. Firstly i need to find what video card i have im on win 7 and if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to do the graphic rules that would be really wonderful. And please note that i do get really anxious about things like this and can get panicky if i dont understand something that might break my game.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:20 PM
If the game already looks good to you and has the resolution you want, you wouldn't need to worry about them. But, just to help you feel less anxious - the graphic rules files are nothing but text files. You can make a copy of the one you have now and put it in a safe place and then no matter what you do to the new file, you can always take it out and put back the old one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:38 PM
Yeah the game already looks all good - i guess the graphics could be better but they just look like how they have always looked to me. The only issue i ever had was the shadows under the sims but ive the mod from here that fixes that. I was just worried that i had to have it cause everyone says to but if the game looks good to me and it wont hurt my computer i can leave it be?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:27 PM
Does the game recognize your graphic card? Can you turn on smooth edges and set the screen resolution that you need? Those are the major reasons why it's needed. If your computer is older your game may already be seeing your card.
For most of us it's needed because without it our game looks terrible and it can't find our graphics card. The shadow under the sim was a separate issue for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Fearless Butterfly : 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:10 AM.
I can turn on smooth edges I’ve got it on in the middle and the screens all good. I’m not sure on the card I guess it’s using it as I only have one card but how do i look up what card I have and if it’s using it?
Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
I can turn on smooth edges I’ve got it on in the middle and the screens all good. I’m not sure on the card I guess it’s using it as I only have one card but how do i look up what card I have and if it’s using it?

I think you needn't worry about it. It was VERY obvious when I needed the graphic rules. I could only play at 800x600 resolution. It sounds like you don't need it. At least not now.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 1:06 AM
Ok thank you