Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 9:08 AM
Default How to fix timing for community lot visits
From the start, after finishing both story lines, I've had the problem of residential time not freezing while visiting community lots. It happens whether the household or just 1 sim leaves. It's getting boring just staying home or inviting over friends. Pets doesn't have a lot to offer in entertaining as it is, which leaves out family outings because of time limits. Community lots work as they should with other sims showing up. Thanks
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:12 PM
Do you mean, you'd want the game to behave like The Sims 2 (where the time resets to the time when Sim left the home lot upon returning from a community lot)? I don't think it's doable, especially with Stories games.

There's this thing called Community Lot Project (for strictly determined Sims 2 configuration), which makes the game hold Sims off-world before they appear on the home lot for the amount of time they spent on the community lot. (Example, at noon go to community lot, be there for 2 hours, direct Sims to go home. You're now back at home lot, it's still noon, but your Sims don't show up until 2 p.m.)

Since only few people care to mod Stories games, I think you're out of luck.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 8:50 PM
I thought it was my game. There isn't a lot to entertain them as it is, once they've got needed skills done. Going on dates or anything else for married couples with kids is so annoying and I noticed toddlers want attention only while adults are doing other stuff.

Is it normal for pets not to get promotions then? I don't even bother with them, except 1 crazy cat lady, but they bring in some money, just don't get the fur colors, etc.. Thanks anyway for replying!
Theorist
#4 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 10:20 PM
I don't have Pet Stories so I can't tell you whether it's normal for pets not to receive promotions, but yes - the community lot time is present in all three Stories games, for whatever reason.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:32 AM
All 3 Pets Stories hoods will work in Sims 2 with Pets Expansion. (None of the Stories item will transfer over.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:25 AM
Marka93, I was aware they would work, but can't use Sims2 until my vista pc is straightened out. I'm playing Pet Stories on windows 8 for now. Not sure I would add them since I have all packs for Sims2 and plenty to do without stories. Thanks!