Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1867
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5045 (Who?), Viewed: 179925 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 4:56 AM #5026
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Today I learned that children in aspiration failure can attack other children and get into fights - even if they have a good relationship with the other one! (And the parents can cheer them on... )

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old Yesterday, 5:48 AM #5027
Mom50409
Test Subject

I found out that Sims can repair the toy robots that are shooting sparks. I also learned that playing with them a lot can cause them to break! Amazing to find new things after all this time!
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM #5028
kanzen
Instructor

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Today I learned that children in aspiration failure can attack other children and get into fights - even if they have a good relationship with the other one! (And the parents can cheer them on... )

I noticed this trend when I was following a Test of Time challenge where the Neanderthal stage children kept fighting against each other. The loser of course, gets killed. I thought it was just flavor text to tell how the kids die but kid brawls can happen ingame! dear oh dear.

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Old Yesterday, 9:22 PM #5029
Annorah
Lab Assistant

Quote:
And the parents can cheer them on...

All right, a couple of awesome parents, it seems.

No wonder their children are in aspiration failure
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM #5030
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

Discover two things, one of them which I had forgotten what it was. Anyway, the latter being that business perks are unlocked and applied across from one to another, If not across multiple/all businesses.

Oh, I think the first being is that I discover (which indeed is possible) for the first time a towny that arrive at a community lot as a high warlock (or could be a regular normal, but I do not recall turning him through internal means).
Old Today, 2:11 AM #5031
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

1. Visitor Sims on vacation, with controlpets on, have trouble initiating some actions. Dolphin's Control-This-Sim hack can help fix that issue.

2. This want. Though why would you want to encourage your kids to be lazy?

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old Today, 4:58 AM #5032
Annorah
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Though why would you want to encourage your kids to be lazy?

She is a family sim. And as the daughter of an excessively loving father, I dare say she wants her child to never work so that they will live together.. . .forever.

Also, how do your sims roll those wants? Mine just want to swim, go hiking, play catch and woohoo
Last edited by Annorah : Today at 4:13 PM.
Old Today, 5:19 AM #5033
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Training, I'd think. She was rolling a lot of wants to interact with her kids. I fulfilled a bunch of them and then the encourage wants eventually rolled up.

Old Today, 9:20 AM #5034
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

I once had a sim go through an entire vacation without rolling a single vacation-related want. That was annoying; I was like..."You are on vacation!!" But apparently she didn't know or didn't care.

Anyway, here's a new thing I discovered: sims can use a counter when there's a chair like this:
I'm so used to sims getting hung up on everything (and anything and being unable to get past a magazine that's blocking the bookcase!!), that surprised me.
Old Today, 3:44 PM #5035
budwinys
Field Researcher

I've learned... a few things this past week.

1. Sims can do the "worry" motion while sitting at a table.
2. Sims who want to have babies can also fear having babies. I had a couple get pregnant with their 4th child (a first for me!) and while they both wanted multiple children, they rolled a fear of having another baby right before the birth and collapsed onto the floor babbling to themselves afterwards.
3. Pets can run away after getting in a fight with another pet, even if they're not mistreated. Logan picked a fight with Sammy and ran away when he lost. He didn't have a collar, so he never officially came back, but became a stray and occasionally stopped in for food and chew toy time and then left. He is now adopted by the aforementioned baby-crazy family and spends most of his time in his dog house. What an antisocial little jerk.
4. The social worker is not playing and will come get your children the moment their grade drops below a D. This is the same family from #1. The mother's LTW is to become Education Minister, which made the whole thing worse. It wasn't even the sims' fault, it was mine for not managing their needs properly. The husband wants to have 6 freaking kids. I'm exhausted. I'd like to say I quit without saving and cheated out of mercy for my sims, but really it was because I sunk too much time and sanity into raising those children so close together in ages and I am definitely not letting that monster of a social worker have them.

I also learned that apparently college mascots can autonomously flirt? Either that, or there's something weird happening in my game. I have no idea what she was doing, but the cow mascot ended up flirting with the dormie my sim had his eyes on. They were at "crush" level, so he gained a memory of being "cheated on" even though they hadn't even kissed. He was furious with the dormie, slapped the mascot, and the dormie kept crying and was furious with the mascot as well. She didn't even accept the mascot's advances. I broke my "quit without saving" rule for the second time this week. Sure, I could have played it off as my sim being overly jealous with his first relationship, but the whole thing felt more like the dormie was sexually harassed and my sim was pissed at her for it.

Edit: Had to read up on evil cow mascots. I haven't played university a lot, but malicious flirting is definitely a thing. The weird thing is that now my sim is gay, which is fine, but I don't know if he was always gay or if the mascot flirted with him when I wasn't looking.
Last edited by budwinys : Today at 5:52 PM.
Old Today, 5:56 PM #5036
LilSister
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwinys
I've learned... a few things this past week. 3. Pets can run away after getting in a fight with another pet, even if they're not mistreated. Logan picked a fight with Sammy and ran away when he lost. He didn't have a collar, so he never officially came back, but became a stray and occasionally stopped in for food and chew toy time and then left. He is now adopted by the aforementioned baby-crazy family and spends most of his time in his dog house. What an antisocial little jerk.

Sammy sounds very misunderstood; what are his personality traits? (The following information can be found here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Personality_(pet))

Activeness (Lazy to Hyper)
Active pets are more likely to be seen running around the house or chasing other animals than lying around. A lazy animal will more likely be seen lying around on beds, furniture, pet beds, etc. In human traits it is activity.

Friendliness (Independent to Friendly)
Friendly pets are more likely to interact with Sims or other animals. Independent pets are less likely to do so, and may not always be willing to accept interactions. In human traits, it is outgoingness.

Aggression (Cowardly to Aggressive)
Aggressive pets are more likely to growl and bark when being scolded or when around new people. Cowardly pets won't want to fight and will shy away from new people. In human traits, it is niceness.
Old Today, 6:30 PM #5037
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

There's a (female) fashion trend going around my hood with townies. Don't look at me, it is not my doing...

Justin met like four of these sims wearing exact tops or could be worse: full clothes. Kind of worries-irritates me.
Old Today, 6:32 PM #5038
Emerald1234
Scholar

well townies are homeless right? and homeless people are too poor to buy good clothes so that'll be why

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart. my group for the pre-mades group http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay...546&groupid=919
hi! i LOVE sims!
my 3 blogs first is ts2 then ts3 then ts4 https://6kittyhats.blogspot.co.uk/ https://66susanhats.blogspot.co.uk/ https://66kittyhats.blogspot.co.uk/
Old Today, 6:42 PM #5039
Orphalesion
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
well townies are homeless right? and homeless people are too poor to buy good clothes so that'll be why

Nah, Townies aren't homeless, they are living in the off screen areas surrounding your neighbourhoods (the places Sims go to work). Remember in Sims 1/2 the idea was still prevalent that your neighbourhoods are suburbs of Sim City.
Most (all?) Townies have jobs, and some of them are positively loaded.
Old Today, 7:01 PM #5040
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Nah, Townies aren't homeless, they are living in the off screen areas surrounding your neighbourhoods (the places Sims go to work). Remember in Sims 1/2 the idea was still prevalent that your neighbourhoods are suburbs of Sim City.
Most (all?) Townies have jobs, and some of them are positively loaded.

Or they are indeed homeless, but these species of humanoid are so depented or other-radiacal-explanation that don't resemble our rl homeless counterparts peeps that look cosmeticly having rough living conditions. Then again, your theory could be taken as a valid because how else they are clean and stench not coming (I don't really have a shower-commercial based lot, unless that hot tub lot really helps them get rid of the filth that gets collects on them over time like with any sim).

(Perhaps I should have posted this thread in "Random Thoughts"--- oh well, what's done is done)
Old Today, 7:11 PM #5041
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Townies live in the unoccupied houses in your neighbourhoods.

Old Today, 7:21 PM #5042
alljoj
Forum Resident

Wait, what if all of your houses are full?

ya mum
Old Today, 9:10 PM #5043
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Then they live in the sewers, clearly.

Old Today, 9:23 PM #5044
Orphalesion
Instructor

Quote:
Then they live in the sewers, clearly.

Dangit! Now I want Morlock townies. Possibly mole people too.
Old Today, 9:26 PM #5045
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwinys
I also learned that apparently college mascots can autonomously flirt?

So can drama professors, and this is why I have mods in my game to help defend against their garbage unwanted advances...
From MATY :
noinstantlove
Quote:
Sims should no longer automatically and instantly fall in love at the first flirt. Chance of being hit with hearts now depends on attraction level and is influenced by aspiration and personality.

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH INTEEN!

romancemod
Quote:
1. Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship. This value increases with level of commitment. Object-assisted actions not presently supported and bypass this check. Still provides defense against cow attack!
2. Sexual orientation of a sim now actually matters! A very straight sim will decline homosexual interactions and vice-versa.
3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on personality(Nc+Pl+Ou >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships (Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to everyone but them and pleasure si), and sims will no longer spaz at random people for no discernably sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz. It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed relationship (steady/engaged/married).
4. Flower rage is stomped. Sims no longer spaz out when looking at datereward, since these have no timestamp and could pertain to a preexisting relationship or one that no longer exists.

From Cyjon: CJ-ApologyFuryFix (in case any garbage flirts get through, also useful in general), CJ-LessJealousy (super useful mod), CJ-ThereCanBeOnlyOneProfessor (which cuts the number of predatory Drama profs in half)

I also use the Sim Blender to set my sims sexuality to "high" so a few random flirts won't change it one way or the other. I've got my hoods set up so that about 16% of sims are gay, 34% are bi, and the rest are usually straight, though ace is also an option (but that I have to set in SimPE, so it's a bit more work). I use the hood randomizer on the Blender to set sexualities of unplayables and roll a die for playables (1=gay, 3&5=bi, 2/4/6=straight). Just throwing that out there since your sim apparently switched sexualites on you, and the Blender's options can help avoid that if you want.
Old Today, 9:37 PM #5046
Pideli
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

I discovered that the RnB channel on the stereo is my favorite channel. Why have I never listened to it before? XD I guess I was too lazy to change it. I also discovered it's the same music that's on the Simstation Dance TV channel!

Section jump: