Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1629
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4407 (Who?), Viewed: 156056 times.
Search this Thread
Old 21st Oct 2017, 5:53 PM #4401
Sketching
Lab Assistant

I've had several witch/warlock sims and they're rather inconsistent in their grand entrances - most of the time they fly in, but oddly enough, without the dreaded LAG, though sometimes they just walk in and out of the lot. Maybe they ran out of broom fuel.

The Head Witches are the Harbingers of LAG (emphasis always needed), but why, oh why, do they Magivestigium themselves in their respective fortresses? I'm so tempted to mod them to do the same everywhere.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Old 21st Oct 2017, 6:22 PM #4402
kamoodle5
Instructor

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Is the hostess really mean? Sometimes sims in my game with a very low Nice/Mean rating will do that.

Perhaps.

What's interesting was she cackled after she hung up on somebody, so who knows what fabricated story she came up with. I wouldn't hire any employee in a restaurant if I knew they were dishonest.

I can check by making her selectable, but if she really is mean, then that's a first for me. Again, since I'm not familiar with very crude Sims, the only behaviors I've witnessed are when they cheat at chess, when they always look impatient in the middle of a conversation, and when sometimes they appear pissed for no reason. Oh, and other Sims yelling at them because their reputation has hit rock bottom.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 21st Oct 2017, 11:17 PM #4403
Rosawyn
Scholar

Maybe not so much something I discovered while "playing" the game as such, but "English UK" has become my new magic go-to for fixing all sorts of weird "not showing up properly" garbage on CC in my game. So far it's been working extremely well for stubborn and annoying custom foods; now I just need to see if it will also work for deco objects...

On a related note, I also discovered that "English UK" is an entirely different language from "English." Who knew?
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM #4404
BlueAlien
Field Researcher

Today I had a townie Sim call my Sim and say something along the lines of, "Hi, I'm Amin. I heard my friend had a great time with you on an outing. Do you want to go downtown with me now?" Amin now appears in my Sim's relationship panel with a slightly greyed-out icon, and is described as "contact."

Funny how you can play this game for years and still have it throw out something new.
Old Yesterday, 12:50 AM #4405
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

It's actually a light blue overlay that gradually disappears as a timer runs out (similar to the red one for the "furious" state). They should have used a color that's easier to see. You have a boosted relationship with the "contact" until the timer runs out and it will be easier to make friends with him/her. They also count as temporary friends for influence and job promotion purposes. If you haven't reached friend status with the contact before the timer runs out, the relationship drops back to what it was and the game no longer counts them as friends for job and influence purposes.

(Prima Guide page 112-113)

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Painting Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM #4406
Jonipoon
Lab Assistant

7 Achievements

I discovered that while placing over 100 neon lights on a lot, your game tends to crash quite easily.

Did I really say that?
- Well, at least yesterday is behind us now.
/Jonipoon
Old Yesterday, 3:48 AM #4407
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Most of the time, using Fix > Tan & Burns on the batbox can fix the miscoloured faces that happen when you have a default replacement skin.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old Today, 4:15 PM #4408
TychoH
Instructor

It doesn't matter how hard it rains, he's still able to see the stars.

Section jump: