Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1467
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 13421 (Who?), Viewed: 294099 times.
Search this Thread
Old 19th Apr 2018, 6:22 PM #13401
Sandi Greenwood
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 77


Someone could be able to make CC ones. Eventually there could be a open world mod and create a style recolor mod and TS3 won't be needed anymore.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 6:32 PM #13402
frogz2007
Scholar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,397
1 Achievements


An open world mod simply can't be done. The source code would be needed for such a thing, and even then you'd probably have to refactor a lot of the game's core. I wish it was possible, but it sadly isn't
Old 19th Apr 2018, 11:04 PM #13403
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee



Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23,165
Thanks: 4737 in 54 Posts
26 Achievements

View My Journal


Open world is not possible but even if it was it brings up all new issues. If you are now open, what is it doing with the sims? Are they frozen on their now open lot? Aging and doing things without you? You can't just make a world be open, it comes with all kinds of other considerations. The reason sims 3 has dead (barely any sims) open venues and the rest rabbit holes is because of it's open world. You need an amazing computer to be able to have all venues both open and lively while also processing the rest of an open world. This is why sims 2 venues are busy, it's because the game focuses all its processing into one lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 19th Apr 2018, 11:11 PM #13404
frogz2007
Scholar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,397
1 Achievements


Ah, yeah. Good points, jo. I can totally see your point ,especially if you consider the fact that it'd be insane on resources if you entered an open-world "Twikkii Island" or any of the other vacation destinations. It would probably lag to hell and back since obviously you know how there are tons of Sims there... That, and what about ghosts? Would they fly around and terrorize others or would they just remain stationary... Sims 2 was definitely made with a closed-world in mind. that, and obviously machines wouldn't even come close to being able to cope with loading a whole neighborhood on the fly...
Old 19th Apr 2018, 11:55 PM #13405
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,795


household/family thumbnails.
how are the position and pose of each character determined?
some of the factors seem to be family relations and relationship levels; and sometimes age.

REIA files.
what exactly are they?
so far seen them only in the pre-made main neighborhood folders.
Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM #13406
frogz2007
Scholar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,397
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
household/family thumbnails.
how are the position and pose of each character determined?
some of the factors seem to be family relations and relationship levels; and sometimes age.

REIA files.
what exactly are they?
so far seen them only in the pre-made main neighborhood folders.


REIA files are the little videos which play. AFAIK, nobody has managed to make their own custom ones.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM #13407
DJ.
Scholar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,297
Thanks: 294 in 12 Posts
6 Achievements


I reinstalled Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection. I'm not seeing trees as hood deco from lot view (example) in any neighborhood whatsoever. I do see other deco from lot view, such as alleys and street lights, and lot imposters appear just fine. Is there something I need to do with my graphics card, or is it something else? I've got an Intel + ATI combo, and everything was working just fine before reinstalling my system...

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter
Old Yesterday, 2:02 PM
Rosebine
This message has been deleted by Rosebine. Reason: Answered myself ;)
Old Yesterday, 3:09 PM #13408
maxon
The Great AntiJen



Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,829
Thanks: 7740 in 42 Posts
24 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ.
I reinstalled Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection. I'm not seeing trees as hood deco from lot view (example) in any neighborhood whatsoever. I do see other deco from lot view, such as alleys and street lights, and lot imposters appear just fine. Is there something I need to do with my graphics card, or is it something else? I've got an Intel + ATI combo, and everything was working just fine before reinstalling my system...

There are two things - you need the cheat in the config file (the userStartup.cheat file): boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false
and you may need the relevant hack that gets some of the neighbourhood stuff to show up that is otherwise reluctant. When I remember the name, I'll update the post and try and find it for you.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Yesterday, 3:52 PM #13409
Sandi Greenwood
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 77


Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Open world is not possible but even if it was it brings up all new issues. If you are now open, what is it doing with the sims? Are they frozen on their now open lot? Aging and doing things without you? You can't just make a world be open, it comes with all kinds of other considerations. The reason sims 3 has dead (barely any sims) open venues and the rest rabbit holes is because of it's open world. You need an amazing computer to be able to have all venues both open and lively while also processing the rest of an open world. This is why sims 2 venues are busy, it's because the game focuses all its processing into one lot.


They won't age because unplayed, but they'd do stuff. It would be like visiting a really big community lot.

You can call me Kymicsu.
I'm an aroace woman with Autism and C.H.A.R.G.E. Syndrome.
Sorry for the Susan-related stuff, I acted nonlucidly.
Old Yesterday, 8:29 PM #13410
Justpetro
Mad Poster

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,122
Thanks: 828 in 31 Posts
16 Achievements


Well, I for one really don't care about the flyby - it just takes more time for my hood to load

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old Yesterday, 8:51 PM #13411
maxon
The Great AntiJen



Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,829
Thanks: 7740 in 42 Posts
24 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Well, I for one really don't care about the flyby - it just takes more time for my hood to load

I couldn't get on with them because I hated calling Little Carping anything other than Little Carping. It was no use telling myself to pretend. I think it was the Pleasantview flyby that worked best for me - or maybe Europa, can't remember now. I liked the flyby but hated the name change.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Yesterday, 8:54 PM #13412
Rosebine
Mad Poster

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,217
Thanks: 440 in 6 Posts
12 Achievements


Honestly, after years of playing my own 'Hoods, I don't even notice that the premade 'Hoods have one. It is pretty and useful the first time. Go for a ride enjoying the view of that new place. Once you know that place, it stops being useful, and remains pretty.
I create my 'Hoods, I know what they look like.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi fran├žais !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Old Yesterday, 8:58 PM #13413
Sandi Greenwood
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 77


When I play foreign version of TS2 it changes the neighborhood names and thus theres no flyby

You can call me Kymicsu.
I'm an aroace woman with Autism and C.H.A.R.G.E. Syndrome.
Sorry for the Susan-related stuff, I acted nonlucidly.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM #13414
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,256
Thanks: 1313 in 10 Posts
12 Achievements


So, Wanda Ivory has put out her first fire with a spell (yay!) and as far as anyone in the game notices or cares she succeeded; but to me it looks like it's still burning. I deleted the stove, didn't work. I tried to nuke it with the batbox and the Stuck Object Remover, no luck. I tried to grab it with move_objects and couldn't.

What's left to try? I'd sooner not move them out and back in again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM #13415
Justpetro
Mad Poster

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,122
Thanks: 828 in 31 Posts
16 Achievements


Where is the fire, Peni?

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM #13416
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,256
Thanks: 1313 in 10 Posts
12 Achievements


Between a wall with a window in it and a counter, right at the entrance. It's as tall as the ceiling and takes up the entire square, a little hard to ignore.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM #13417
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,795


some things to try::
-place a fire alarm in the room.
-fire department call from a phone.

an alternative to moving out might be changing household's lot instance in SimPE.
or if you prefer actual moving out, I heard of a hack that lets objects remain. not sure the site; have not yet downloaded it.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM #13418
Charmful
Link Ninja

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,802
Thanks: 210 in 6 Posts
12 Achievements

View My Journal


Have you quit the lot and gone back in? I've had lingering flames before after a fire that kept burning but no one saw it as an active fire, but they would go away if I exited and came back. If not, and everything has been done and it's still there, could you chalk it up to some magical eternal flame?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM #13419
Sandi Greenwood
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 77


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
Have you quit the lot and gone back in? I've had lingering flames before after a fire that kept burning but no one saw it as an active fire, but they would go away if I exited and came back. If not, and everything has been done and it's still there, could you chalk it up to some magical eternal flame?


yup i like to chalk everything up to magic.

You can call me Kymicsu.
I'm an aroace woman with Autism and C.H.A.R.G.E. Syndrome.
Sorry for the Susan-related stuff, I acted nonlucidly.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM #13420
Rosebine
Mad Poster

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,217
Thanks: 440 in 6 Posts
12 Achievements


Since there is a window on that wall, do you think deleting that window would change something? Maybe that's what's still on fire...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi fran├žais !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Old Today, 12:54 AM #13421
gummilutt
Mad Poster

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,224
Thanks: 11008 in 83 Posts
40 Achievements

View My Journal


Try forcing errors on objects in the vicinity. And have you tried letting the lot run for a while? I think I've had cases of leftover flames where they eventually died out on their own.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old Today, 10:26 AM #13422
Justpetro
Mad Poster

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,122
Thanks: 828 in 31 Posts
16 Achievements


I agree that the fire may well die later on - I have seen that happening as well. However, I would try to delete the window as well as the wall, if it doesn't go away by itself.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.