Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1171
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 2698 times.
Search this Thread
Old 10th Aug 2017, 4:53 PM DefaultHow to make CC trees show up in the trees for EIG? #1
LemonyLin
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

I would like to have some CC trees be available for placement in the edit in game tree selection, CC trees made by others show up here but I can't seem to get the trees to show up on my own, even copying the tags used by the ones that do work. I was hoping someone here might know what it is I'm doing wrong?

I copied all the item tags in workshop and tried the metadata tutorial here, but they still do not show up.

Thank you for your time.
Old 24th Aug 2017, 11:06 PM #2
KatyFernlily
Lab Assistant

Old 24th Aug 2017, 11:22 PM #3
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Are these trees part of a store world? Could you link to them?
Old 26th Aug 2017, 9:40 AM #4
LemonyLin
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

@simsample No, they're not part of a store world. I wanted to convert some trees from sims 4 and use them to decorate the world that I am currently working on, but I wanted them to be in the main world instead of having to make lots wherever I want them. So far I can get them in the world this way, but they only show up in build mode for lots, and not in the trees category when editing the world in game. I would like them to show up in the catalog when editing the world too.
Old 27th Aug 2017, 2:30 PM #5
simsample

19 Achievements

View My Journal

If you put the trees in to your game Mods folder, do they show up in-game in the World Editor panel?
Old 27th Aug 2017, 8:25 PM #6
LemonyLin
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
If you put the trees in to your game Mods folder, do they show up in-game in the World Editor panel?

No, they don't show up there, but if I am building on a lot they will show up in build mode.
Old 27th Aug 2017, 9:44 PM #7
simsample

19 Achievements

View My Journal

In that case, you don't have the flags set correctly in the OBJD. The same flags cause the item to show up in CAW and in the in-game world editor, so if it will not show up in either then the flags are incorrect.

Sometimes it's difficult to find things in the CAW metadata list- especially if the description strings are absent or not set for your language- but items are usually easy to spot in the World Editor panel.

Take another look at the tutorial @KatyFernlily linked to.
Old 28th Aug 2017, 9:23 AM #8
LemonyLin
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

@KatyFernlily Thank you very much for the tutorial link, it was very helpful and I think I figured out what was wrong with my original test items, a little bit of error on my part!
@Simsample Thank you very much, after fiddling with it a bit this evening it seems to be fixed. I got it to show up after removing all my CC, I'm guessing I left one of my test packages in there somewhere. Either way, that tutorial did get the job done.

Section jump: