Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 11:38 PM
Fern awoke to screaming. she didn't like it at all. she crawled under her bed and covered her ears. she wanted to scream, too. but the nurse were busy with the other Patient. so Fern stayed under her bed. she noticed the food in her room after she crawled out from under the bed. same as yesterday. after she ate she walked up to her door and yelled to any nurse who could hear her. "I WANT TO DRAW. PLEASEE! I WANT TO DRAW!!!" a nurse walked in with some paper and crayons and Fern spent most of the day drawing. a nurse gave her some tape and Fern tapped her drawings up on the wall above her bed. then she played cat. she wound up falling asleep right next to her room door.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Wishacy: (Odette)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
-Perfect Genetics (Alyssa)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 12:00 AM
I gave drawing stuff to Fern. I tried to pet her head but she withdrew in horror. Oh, well, a small step at a time. I headed for the break room, smelling fresh coffee. I finally found the other "nurse". She seems qualified, if a bit stiff.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 1:16 AM
I looked down at my medicine, not wanting to take it, but I would be forced if I didn't want the easy way. Janet was told that! I bet it! She wouldn't do this, would she? She was a nurse and I had to respect her. I finished my meal quickly then I layed down in my bed for a moment before taking my pills. I didn't want to pass out on the floor now did I? I took the pills in quickly then taking a few sips of my water. I flipped my light switch of, they placed it near my bed so if I woke up at night or something I could see. I closed my eyes seeing that I soon fell asleep.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 11:51 PM
Fern a\woke up once again on the floor. "i hate this stupid hard floor. it HURTS!" she screamed this to herself no one would really answer but she heard someone else call: "yeah i hate it too, so what?" Fern decided to just keep quiet and sit on her bed. the nurse that tried to pat her on the head yesterday came in and set down Fern's food. Fern looked at her cowardly and the nurse walked over, gently patted her head and left. Fern was suprised she let the nurse touch her. Fern almost never let anyone touch her. unless she new them. she guessed she new the nurse good enough. but still, she hardly knew her and the nurse got to pat her on the head. Fern ignored it and began to play family. she thought about the nurse all day. she couldn't stop thinking about it. it was , wired.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
When pitiful little Fern let me touch her yesterday I was surprised. It wasn't exactly a break through, but maybe it's a start. I dream about washing her long matted hair, combing it, maybe braiding flowers into it. I used to love to brush my daughter's long dark hair; she's gone now. I still miss her like hell. But I don't know Fern well enough to know what might get through to her. Bring her a flower? A stuffed toy? A blanket. I knit afghans, but don't have anyone to give them to. I think I'll bring some in from storage and ask Nurse Janet what she thinks. I tried to get her to talk to me about the patients, but she was pretty tight. Maybe she doesn't know much, but I think she's got the attitude that a professional doesn't get emotionally involved. Still, maybe Fern would like a soft pink and yellow blanket. Scarlett doesn't seem the type to like something like that; she would probably be happy with a dead rat .Or haha a live one she could tease and bite.

Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 12:53 AM
Janet walked down the hall back to Scarlett's room. She opened the door seeing as Scarlett took her medicine. She took the tray taking it to the kitchen to be washed. She grabbed a small case of medicine. Which was for Fern. Janet was told to only calm her down a bit. Just give her a simple sedative. She poured a small amount of water into a paper cup and held one pill in her hand. She walked to Fern's room opening the door. "Hello Fern. This is a sedative for you. The other patients are bothered by your game of cat." Janet said putting the cup and the pill on her table. Janet walked out locking the door. Luckily Fern wasn't as bad as her other patients. She was put in B503 and went under strict care by 2 to 3 nurses. She wasn't as criminally insane as everyone else in the hall but was just at the level to be put in. Janet made her way out of the hall, closing the door. She walked towards the lounge needing some water and a snack. Today she didn't have to put up with Scarlett's ranting. Her screaming. She had most of her day to herself, but still stayed here. She could leave as she pleased but had to come back at 9:00 PM to check on her patients before she ended her shift. She sat down at one of the chairs sipping her water and reading. She saw the newest nurse Agnes in the room. She was a nurse that was to help her in B503 and she of course had another hall opposite from hers. "Hello. Your the new nurse right? Agnes is it?" Janet put her book and water down and put her hand out for a shake.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 3:36 AM Last edited by grammapat : 2nd Aug 2013 at 3:57 AM.
As I shook Janet's hand, I was happy to finally get a chance to talk to her. "Yes, I'm the new nurse. But, you know, I'm not really a nurse; I'm just a care-giver. I don't have a degree, but I have lots of experience in this sort of place." I kept to myself that I had spent time on the OTHER side of the locked doors.
"I'm hoping you can tell me more about our patients. Is Scarlett really so violent? She's so young! And Fern, I want to believe she really doesn't belong here. She seems genuinely wounded, hiding and mewing, just like a frightened animal. But I know people that have tried to "pet the nice bear" and had their heads taken off..."

She sort of reminds me of the French boy, Arthur? The ward supervisor, Diana, told me he is on a hunger strike. She seems like a real b... I mean she's um stern. I told her his light had gone out but I didn't think I should go in his room alone. But she just laughed "Don't worry about it. He needs to learn who's in charge here!" Well, I think that's just WRONG.
Will you go with me to fix his light? And what about his not eating? We can't just ignore that!
Lets see: Scarlett, Kaylie, Arthur, Fern, isn't there one more on the ward?

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 12:03 PM
Fern looked at the medicine. she was mad. didn't the others know it was a game? she started to kick the walls and silently scream because she didn't want the nurses her. after awhile her feet ached. so she took her medicine and began to mumble to herself. she wasn't crazily mumbling, but angrily mumbling. then she fell asleep. the nurse from the last few night set her tray for dinner down. the nurse noticed fern was asleep and got a good look at her. then she left, examining the drawings on fern's wall. at around midnight Fern woke up. she noticed the tray still in her room and she got up and ate. there was a small note hidden on the tray and fern found it. it listed items. she decided to check the things she liked. "stuffed animal, flowers." and she added an extra one. " and, if some one could somehow get this, a mom." after, she quietly walked back to her bed and slept happily.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 7:00 PM
"Scarlett well she is... Hostile. Today she was knocked out till tomorrow. Fern, well I don't know much about her she likes to play cat and it bothers people. She is given sedatives just like everyone else." Janet got up getting her private key to her ward. "Yes there are a few more but there unimportant. They just take sedatives and leave the place rather quickly." They walked down into the basement, reaching a box, they opened it and found Arthur's light switch. Someone turned it off. Janet flipped the switch back on and heard Arthur a bit happier then when his light shut off. They walked back upstairs to chat a little. "Scarlett's hard to tame, you have to be stern with her if you don't want to be hurt. Then she'll let you in without a care. Fern is 'criminally insane' that's what the doctors said."
Mad Poster
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 7:15 PM
Attendant Crumplebottom Log: I've decided to keep a log, as I seem to be confused and forgetful lately. I hope it's not my old "illness" coming back. Janet still won't (can't?) tell me much. I've been trying to contact the administrators about the conditions here, especially considering the isolation and confinement of some of the patients. But I'm not a phyciatrist, so I don't imagine they'll pay any attention to ME.
Last night I went into Fern's room (I think she was asleep). I saw that she had drawn some pictures with the supplies I had given everyone. Arthur had crammed a crayon in his ear and stuffed paper in his mouth; Kaylie had tried to stab the other nurse with a crayon. So I got in trouble for "supplying them with dangerous objects". Crap. But Fern had actually drawn pictures, and stuck them on her wall. They looked like they were done by a 3year old; all splotches and squiggles. I couldn't tell what she was drawing, maybe just her FEELINGS; they were mostly red and black. Creepy actually.
BUT (good girl!) she saw my note! I have a stuffed kitty to give her...I wonder if I should have removed the button eyes. Babies will chew of button eyes and choke to death. If they find out I gave it to her (even if she doesn't somehow manage to hurt herself with it) I bet I'll get in trouble again. She made a note that she "wanted a mom", poor baby! I wish I could steal her and run away...
NOTE: I have been assigned suicide watch for Secresa, so for the next week I won't be on the "Children's Ward" where most of the other kids are. At least I don't have to deal with the adult male population.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 12:56 PM
Fern woke up and saw nurse Janet unlocking her door. (before Angus came Janet was Fern's nurse)"hello, nurse." Fern said "hi." Janet said as she left. Fern ate and settled back into bed. she knew Nurse Angus wouldn't be here this week so that made her sad and nobody liked it when she played. she fell asleep and began to cry in her sleep. nurses were in her room and woke her up. "what's wrong?" asked Janet. "uh, nothing." Fern said, verry frightened. "okay well, take this, eat and then go back to sleep." Janet instructed. "okay." Fern said as the nurses left. so she did as she was told and slept the rest of the day and night.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 8:43 PM
Crumplebotton: just time to drop by and leave a note for Janet:
I'm hearing rumors: that nurse Diana (who was only mentioned once) is not longer allowed on this ward. Know anything about this?
And about our patients -Has Secresa been transferred somewhere else? I can't imagine she was RELEASED, she sounded really dangerous. I hope to be back soon. Do you think I should give Fern a stuffed toy?

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 1:57 PM
Nurse Janet came in with breakfast , its always the same but Fern didn't mind. she quietly ate and played a game in her mind. she was a princess riding her horse through a forest. soon Nurse Janet came into Ferns room with lunch and Fern ate. she wanted to draw again but she kept quiet. she came to the conclusion that nobody liked noise, not even a little, so she tried to keep quiet. she just sat down looking at her drawings. she realized they looked like a baby could have drawn them. she never was good at art and she couldn't draw during her lifetime, but that was just pathetic. she got up and took them down, Neatly placing them in a stack by her door. she sat down and thought of stuff she could draw , hopefully better. she thought of models and princesses, but she knew she couldn't draw them. at dinner when Nurse Janet dropped by food Fern asked if she could have some drawing supplies and Janet said no. Fern sadly sat down and ate as Nurse Janet gave dinner to the others. Fern knew Nurse Janet didn't want to loose her job. so Fern just crawled into bed and slept.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 5:04 PM
I locked the door to the final room and left to check on Scarlett. She was still asleep but about to fall onto the floor. I fixed her pose so she wouldn't be on the floor the next morning. I left back to my room finding a note from Angus. I read the note getting myself a piece of paper.
Angus:
I haven't an idea about what may have left Diana to care for patients on a different ward. It might have been Scarlett.
As for Secresa she had recently come to the asylum. The head of the place is thinking of which ward she will be put into. She will be taken to her room tomorrow. Also if you may just check on Scarlett before you go to bed that would be nice. Don't worry she should be asleep, just leave some water and make sure shes not falling off her bed.
-Janet

I folded up the letter and left it on Angus' bed. Fern, the kitty wanted to draw. I didn't allow her earlier, but since she was quiet I decided to bring her crayons and paper. I placed them on her desk and went back to my room to sleep.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 2:21 AM
when Fern woke up, and noticed drawing supplies on her small desk. she went and tried to draw something good. she drew pretty good tree and a stick person with long hair. it was a start, at least. after putting it on her wall she ate breakfast. then she sat down on her floor and imagined what she wanted her own family to look like, when she had kids. her, her Hubby, and her two daughters. she thought of good names for the Twin girls. Amy and Ally. she decided girls were all she wanted, just two little girls. so she then played a game in her mind until lunch. then she took a nap.at dinner she wanted to tell Nurse Janet about what she wanted her family to look like. but she didn't because Fern knew Nurse Janet would think she's crazy.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Mad Poster
#41 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 4:00 AM
Attendant Crumplebottom here: Assigned to this ward again; came in late last night. Left note for Janet: " Hi Janet, I'm back. Left water for Scarlett as you asked. Don't know how she does it, falling asleep in odd places. She was asleep under her little table, curled up in a ball. I also left a stuffed cat in Fern's room. Noticed she is drawing again; happy to see that instead of the tormented black and red scribbles, she is actually drawing little people. Looks like a child's drawing of their family. Poor thing.

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:05 AM
Fern noticed a stuffed cat when she awoke. her eyes grew wide and shone (idk if spelled right) like a star. she ran up to it and grabbed it. "a present, i've never had one before!" Fern said to herself. she was very happy. she thought that one of her nurses had given it to her. possibly nurse Janet, or Nurse Angus. either way, Fern was full of happiness. she ate then played with the stuffed animal. Nurse Janet was sort-of worried by Fern playing with a stuffed animal, but she decided to just let Fern do whatever, as long as it isn't dangerous. Fern played with the animal the rest of the day, not bothering to eat. she loved the stuffed animal too much. then Nurse Angus started her shift and noticed Fern playing with the stuffed animal that she brought Fern. she was happy but decided to wait a little to start to have a conversation with Fern. after all, she still is scared. But Fern said Hello and asked Nurse Angus a question. "do you know who the stuffed animal came from? i love her. i named her Fami." they started to talk and Fern grew to like Nurse Angus. but, soon Fern got tired and said goodnight to nurse
Angus. then she went to bed with Fami. she really did love the Stuffed cat. and who knows, Nurse Angus and Nurse Janet, Fami and her drawings may make her acceptable to society once again.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Mad Poster
#43 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 6:29 PM
My, my, little Fern liked her toy. Unfortunately she loved it so much she didn't eat all day. I think Janet was upset about that; I've left her a note that I think it would set back her progress if I just took it while she slept. I will talk to Fern tomorrow. Having something that brings comfort is good, but unless it gives her the courage to try to relate to PEOPLE instead of hiding, it's not really good. And not eating is certainly.

I'm a bit insulted that she calls me "Angus" (like the cow), but telling her my name is Agnus might hurt her delicate feelings.

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 11:38 PM
Fern played with Fami as soon as she awoke. then she saw nurse Agnus. (sorry!) she skipped eating once again. at lunch, she skipped eating as well as dinner. she just played with Fami all day. when Nurse Janet came in right before Fern went to bed and put down a little pill Fern got mad. she didn't take the pill but began to shout "NO! I DON'T WANT TO!" over and over again. Nurse Janet and nurse Agnus cam in and calmed her down and made her take the pill. then Fern went to bed. she was still mad when she awoke and didn't eat she sat in the corner of the room curled up, thinking. she thought all day without eating and the Nurses were worried. Nurse Agnus came in and offered her a little piece of a brownie. Fern ate for the first time in three days. after, Nurse Agnus promised her more if she started to eat. Fern agreed then went to bed.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 9:15 PM
I noticed Fern was nibbling something brown, when I asked to see it she tried to hide it. It was a dead mouse. I tried to take it and she flew into a rage, saying it was a brownie and I had given it to her! I called Janet to help me restrain her; she was given an injection to calm her, but we did not restrain her (I still feel horrible about having to tie someone to the bed). We agreed it was best to remove the stuffed cat; Fern looks like a bag of bones - a cringing, obsessive, yellowed, weak bag of bones. If she doesn't eat breakfast, we will start force-feeding her, which means restraints and tranquilizers.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
Fern awoke on hard, metal bed. she couldn't remember a thing that happened the day before, not that she wanted too though. she looked around and noticed there was a large window and a locked door, nothing else. she wiggled around trying to get free because she was hurting , and she was starving. then she realized something, Fami wasn't at her side and she didn't see her around. Fern began to scream for the stuffed cat. "I WANT FAMI, I WANT MY KITTY!, I WANT FAMI, I WANT MY KITTY!" she screamed and screamed until nurse Janet came in with lunch. "WHERES MY KITTY?" she screamed at nurse Janet "the cat is gone. you can't have it anymore." nurse Janet said sternly "now eat.". but instead, Fern started to cry her heart out. she screamed at the top of her lungs, kicked wiggled and cried. then Nurse Agnus came in and helped hold Fern down while Janet forcibly fed Fern. after the nurses left, Fern began to whimper and sob. "i want Fami, i want Fami." she said. she didn't even go to sleep. she just canted that the entire night.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Mad Poster
#47 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 7:14 AM
In the morning Fern seemed calmer; I sat with her, asked if I could brush her hair. "Kitties like to be brushed" I said (and sometimes it calms people). "Can we make a deal? If you will try to eat breakfast, I will bring your Fami back, OK? Here is an egg, and a piece of toast with jelly, and a glass of milk. Kitties like milk too; will you try? Be calm now while I unfasten your arms and legs.."

I hopped she would get better; most of the ward was empty, and two nurses were not needed. She will either go into the adult population in another ward, or to a foster home...like MINE.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 1:04 AM
Fern had agreed to eat so she could have back Fami. but she had a plan. if she started to act "normal" they would let her go. and she could stop having people tell her what to do. she didn't like that. she had begin to be stubborn. so she ate then she sat down thinking over her plan. then she realized something, she dosen't know HOW to be "normal". that was where the road came to a stop. the big problem. she decided to observe the nurses. they were normal, or she thought so. she started to act like the nurses. eating, sleeping and NOT playing games. that night when she went to sleep, the nurses where impressed on how good she had acted

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 1:38 AM
Scarlet awoke on the floor of her room. "JANET AGNUS!!!!!" She screamed. She didn't like this punishment. She crossed her arms and threw her drinking glass onto the floor making a loud echoing noise flow through the hall. Shrieks grew louder. Scarlet always made a giant fuss and broke a thing or two. She threw her head onto the floor. "I'M HUNGRY¡!!!!!!"
Mad Poster
#50 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:16 PM
Chart Notes: children's ward. Arthur has been transferred back to this ward. He seems to have had a breakthrough, and is now manageable. When I checked on him he smiled and talked to me. I could not actually understand him, but when he reached for me he seemed calm, so I gave him a little hug. He seems weak, but his chart does NOT say he is tranquilized.

Scarlett has also been returned, but I think that's a mistake! She still seems violent to me, and I won't go into her room unless she has been sedated into near unconsciousness.

I am happy to report that Fern seems to be eating, and be calmer. But there is something odd; almost like she is hiding something, there is just something SNEAKY about her. But she still is special to me; for some reason I love her. But I don't love her behavior, and I don't trust her.

[a little note to the players: I think it works better if you write what YOU do/think/want, but don't write what OTHER people are doing. That way we each get to do what we want, and we are actually INTERACTING with each other.
PS ---Agnus is actually NUTS!]

Page 2 of 3