Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 8:57 PM
Default Quick Question about newer packs
I was going to put this in the help forum but decided it's not really suited for that anyways I looked up the requirements for Growing Together and saw it says windows 10, I play the sims 4 on windows 8.1 up to cats and dogs, will the newer games work ok still with that? Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 12:38 AM
As no replies so far, I played 4 on Windows 7 up to August when had to get a new CPU with no problems. I cannot remember what I got last? Wedding Stories? Others can chime in but my guess based on my experience is you should be fine.
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 9:01 AM
On the *ahem* reddit pirate forum, a few people played the game on windows 7 and they said it was fine. No idea whether there's any differences, but I think it should be fine. Just update your game first to the latest patch and see if it still works. Or you could just ask to EA Support, official The Sims forum, or if you're on reddit, go to r/thesims.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 1:35 PM
If you can update to the latest game version then you are ok to buy new packs. If you have a 32bit OS you will not be able to update to the latest version or potentially any newer game version since they dropped support in 2019 for new content and in 2022 for legacy content.