Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 3:44 PM Last edited by Juleru : 21st Aug 2019 at 5:40 PM.
Default Woohoo club not working properly
Hi!

I made a woohoo club with 3 female and 3 male sims:

All of the actions are set to "with Woohoo Club" and I already bought the "romance" and the first two "flirty" extras. "Free will" is set to max and jealousy is disabled in MC command center.

The problem is that they hardly ever follow the rules! One of the sims in my active family sometimes hugs the other sims in the club and very rarely there's kissing (always initiated by my active sim). I already downloaded multiple lots but no matter where the club's meeting, they rather watch TV, play on the PC, dance (alone), even read books or do yoga instead of interacting with each other! If there are other sims around, they also sometimes interact with those (only talking).

Did I miss anything? Do I need any specific settings to make this work?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 10:35 PM
I think they sell love tea at the Love festival. You could also try activating the mood boosters that give flirty mood. I think there's even a flirty lot trait. Instead of yoga maybe you could get them to do romantic activities and conversations. Anyway, good luck with your swingers club.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think they sell love tea at the Love festival. You could also try activating the mood boosters that give flirty mood. I think there's even a flirty lot trait.
I bought level 1 and 2 of the boosters (also got the main "romance" one) and the first lot I tried had the "flirty" trait but no luck. Haven't tried love tea yet but getting them all to drink it won't be easy.

Quote:
Instead of yoga maybe you could get them to do romantic activities and conversations.
There are yoga mats on the floor in my favorite lot and even though I already tried adding yoga to the "don'ts", they seem to be drawn to them. I never start a yoga action, they do it autonomously, which is extremely annoying because you can't interrupt a yoga class. Same thing with "don't sleep", if one of the sims is tired (or after a woohoo I started) they still go to sleep on their own instead of using the bed for other activities.
I tested everything with a new lot today: "Our Little Secret Library", which has a club in the basement. Everyone kept walking upstairs to read and play on the PCs instead of interacting with each other. When I trapped them (removed the door), they were just drinking water and sitting in the hot tub the whole time.
The sim I'm playing has some type of romantic relationship with all of the others and romantic actions always succeed if I start them (from what I've seen so far) but they won't do them autonomously.

Quote:
Anyway, good luck with your swingers club.
Damn, you got me. xD
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 12:22 AM
Are you using any mods? could be that a mod interfere with the interaction?
you could try sending them to a lot with nothing but double beds, and remove all the other interactions from the club recommended activities..
maybe the yoga mats and all the rest of the objects are too distracting..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Are you using any mods? could be that a mod interfere with the interaction?
Only the MC command center (and a couple of smaller non-scripting ones) but you'd think that someone would have already reported it if it caused clubs to mess up.

Quote:
you could try sending them to a lot with nothing but double beds, and remove all the other interactions from the club recommended activities..
maybe the yoga mats and all the rest of the objects are too distracting..
I tested it with this lot and removed the door but apart from the occasional hug (my active sim always started it) they were only sitting in the hot tub the whole time.
I'm going to try locking them in the bedroom next. :/
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:24 PM
You could use Wicked Whims. Even with autonomy set at default you will see a great deal of "Woohoo" club sim interactions. With a collection of animations, you might even see things you never even thought of before too.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 6:27 AM
I know what you mean. My woohoo club doesn't work as well. I even made a unique bar just for that club with flirty emotion plumbob lights, romantic lot trait, beds, hot tubs, etc. Club members are all single, all with flirty trait, but they are just dancing. Nobody woohoos. I made the club to laugh a little, watch who ends up with who etc. But it just doesn't work. I haven't tried it since who knows when tho..
I have MCCC too and it's the only script mod I use. Now I'm thinking if MCCC has a setting like “no autonomous woohoo” or “no autonomous romance” and if I had accidentally enabled that feature. I need to check that.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 6:38 AM
You can always ban activities that they rather do, like dancing or listening to music, etc, this increases the chance of them doing what they are supposed to be doing. Problem is, you only get 5 slots. I've experimented a lot with clubs, and sometimes it just takes a lot of patience, what didn't happen in the first outing, may happen in the second, or even third.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 1:44 PM
Way back when GT first came out I made a club just like this and it never worked. I’d put mood lamps all round, get the emotion buff perks, and still no one would follow the club rules. It made me realize the club mechanic is not nearly as powerful or flexible as it’s made out to be.
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:19 PM
1) Sims seem to prioritize the simplest, least impactful activities first. For example check out Partihaus. They have flirting, drinking and dancing as activities. Of those, flirting is done the least by far autonomously. For a woohoo club, basically get rid of every minor activity or it won't happen.

2) I vaguely remember down the line that a patch really hindered how much they actively use the stuff like flirt or woohoo. Even without competition, they still rarely do it.

3) And of course, there's no gender filters so everyone in the club - should it work - is effectively bisexual. Doubt they ever introduce this either because obviously it's not very PC to acknowledge the gender dichotomy.
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:40 PM
Removing minor activities won't do much. Amazing as clubs are for adding atmosphere to community lots, in my experience there's two types that won't work: Fighting and Woohooing.

Even with "Fight: (targetgroup)" as their only activity and the exact target group present plus "being friendly" slotted in under discouraged activities my sims take something like 24 hours before the first fight occurs. Woohoo is even worse, under the same conditions ("Woohoo: targetgroup", don't "Be friendly", don't "be funny", full flirty buffs activated) not even after those 24 hours were they ready to do their thing.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 9:38 AM
Isn't the game programmed so they will not woohoo if there are other sims in the room? And in all my years of playing sims I do not recall ever seeing nonplayables woohoo anywhere? So is this even possible? Did have my sims woohoo in the photobooth in 2 and Mrs C really whacked one with her purse when they came out. Other than that I have not had anything happen in my games.

????