Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 1:45 AM
Default Guidance requested: Creating multiple versions of an object for use in CAW / in game?
Hi there,
I'm hoping someone would be willing to give me some procedural guidance - I would like to make several unique version of the streetbrite lamp (the one with the flag) for use in a world I'm building - the only thing I want to edit is what appears on the flag. Aside from creating a couple of re-textured paintings, I'm a novice in terms of object modification (I do understand how to get things into TSRW and extract the image to edit with what I want), but I really, REALLY want to learn. Where I get really uncomfortable is making multiple copies of the same object, then getting them back into the game WITHOUT overwriting the original version.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 12:26 PM
Hi there, if you use S3OC to clone the lamp, its default is to create an entirely new object (rather than one that would override), and then you'd have the new package file to edit as you will.

I don't know much about tsrw, but I also think that when you make an object with it, it clones the original and will be its own object rather then an override. So I think then you can import new meshes/textures or whatever you want and it won't replace the original, just create a brand new object.
Hope this helps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:10 AM