Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 1:01 PM
Default Is it possible...
I wondered if it was possible to make a copy of newcrest, rename it, and be able to play it as another world? Anyone know?
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 6:45 PM
More than just cloning the world itself and giving it a new name, which sounds easy enough in the tolerably hard to do category, it's all the individual lots, streets and numerous portal entries where the headaches truly begin. All that stuff has it's own unique coding and specific instance numbers and files ranging in the many hundreds. You would need to make new, unique versions, new coding, new files for all of them. Because renaming the new town is not enough. Imagine you call it "New Newcrest." You want to travel there from Windenburg. The cloned world opens up, you pick the lot you wish to travel to, the load screen starts up. But wait, there are two lots with identical coding, identical hidden lot numbers, identical instance numbers, identical files, and about a gazillion other identifying attributes that are identical to both. If by some miracle the game does not lock up or crash having a meltdown with the mass of identical yet conflicting data, if by some miracle, then it's 50/50 witch actual version of Newcrest and New Newcrest and that identical lot you'll end up in. It could prove a nightmare every time your sim wants to get home. If by some miracle the game does not lock up or crash.

Not impossible to do such a thing, but the amount of work and time involved is usually the stuff way beyond even the most dedicated of high end modders. And, more than this, even if one were to attempt it, they'd run into the worst snag of all before the end. There will come the point the coding for this perfect New Newcrest would need to be integrated into the core files, where no modders are allowed to tamper, without facing copyright prosecution from EA. So that is the ultimate reason why it just would not be viable or worth it as a mod project.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 12:54 PM
Understood, Thank you.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 8:23 AM
I wish they just give us a few empty neighborhoods to do whatever we want.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 12:43 PM
that is why i was asking, i love building and there are not enough lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I wish they just give us a few empty neighborhoods to do whatever we want.
Yeah just like Sims 1 which had a dozen empty hoods, that was neat and so handy.