Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:50 PM
Default WCIF: Things for a mermaid to feel less like a regular sim?
I love supernaturals. I love mermaids. But I'm sooo very disappointed with the plain mermaids we have. TS3 mermaids had their own food - they could eat raw fish and had kelp they could harvest and eat.
Yes, we have fish. Fish we have to cook. That's stupid IMHO, a mermaid should be able to eat them raw. Thank god someone made a mod that allows them to eat raw fish. Yes we have kelp. Kelp, that will cost me satisfaction points and as far as I know can't be planted. Or can it? Anyways, eating two in a row would turn my mermaid into a human. Not good.

I don't really like it that my mermaids are basically regular sims with a fishtail and a custom swimming animation. Even their hydration need is basically just hygiene renamed. TS3 mermaids had proper Hydration that added real threats to mermaids and made them feel more like, y'know, mermaids. Not just stinky sims with renamed uncomfortable moodlets.

Yes, they have cool powers to use in deep ocean water, but that's about it. I don't really want my mermaids to always be stuck in the ocean in order to feel like they're not regular sims. If only we had small "punishments" like TS3 that made mermaids miss the seawater and potentially transform them into humans then once again, they'd feel like occults, not modified regular sims.

TL;DR: TS4 mermaids don't really feel like occults at all. And it makes me sad.
I'm looking for mods that change that. Any sort of custom harvestable that could go as "kelp" / "mermaid food", anything that makes the "Hydration" less like "Hygiene" (even something as minor as not having them stink), anything of that sort.

If anyone could link me such mods (if they exist that is..) I'd be forever grateful :")
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 10:22 PM
There's the Expanded Mermaids mod by the Spinning plumbob if that's what you're after?

Quote: Originally posted by misatochan20
I love supernaturals. I love mermaids. But I'm sooo very disappointed with the plain mermaids we have. TS3 mermaids had their own food - they could eat raw fish and had kelp they could harvest and eat.
Yes, we have fish. Fish we have to cook. That's stupid IMHO, a mermaid should be able to eat them raw. Thank god someone made a mod that allows them to eat raw fish. Yes we have kelp. Kelp, that will cost me satisfaction points and as far as I know can't be planted. Or can it? Anyways, eating two in a row would turn my mermaid into a human. Not good.

I don't really like it that my mermaids are basically regular sims with a fishtail and a custom swimming animation. Even their hydration need is basically just hygiene renamed. TS3 mermaids had proper Hydration that added real threats to mermaids and made them feel more like, y'know, mermaids. Not just stinky sims with renamed uncomfortable moodlets.

Yes, they have cool powers to use in deep ocean water, but that's about it. I don't really want my mermaids to always be stuck in the ocean in order to feel like they're not regular sims. If only we had small "punishments" like TS3 that made mermaids miss the seawater and potentially transform them into humans then once again, they'd feel like occults, not modified regular sims.

TL;DR: TS4 mermaids don't really feel like occults at all. And it makes me sad.
I'm looking for mods that change that. Any sort of custom harvestable that could go as "kelp" / "mermaid food", anything that makes the "Hydration" less like "Hygiene" (even something as minor as not having them stink), anything of that sort.

If anyone could link me such mods (if they exist that is..) I'd be forever grateful :")
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 3:20 AM
There is a eat raw fish mod, which includes loving eating raw fish. However, it is broken since the last update. Mermaids with child of the ocean trait might not eat fish happily..