Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Icy Spicy
#51 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 3:03 PM
Arsil...I love you too :lovestruc ...*big hug*

Thank you so so much for fixing my mistakes :D.I knew the problem was in the IID of the vpxy.But I was really confused about whether I should add the EP hex codes or not!
Now it is really very clear.

The guide is really helpful and helped me( who has absolutely no knowledge of any programming language) do this stuff in a couple of evenings.I always wanted to learn to do custom ingredients and now it is possible!Yay!

Now I am going to go practice some more.Thank you once again
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:34 AM
Randomly butting in to say that you’re damn awesome Arsil, I'm sure this whole thread will be super useful for more than one simmer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:21 PM Last edited by dawg : 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:20 PM.
Well I'm finally back and I've jumped straight to work after the break.

I'm very happy that other people benefit this great guide However, when I put the packages into the game and tested the plant I observed something weird:

-The plant is in the grocery store; working as intended,
-When I wanted to plant my plant (lol) the sim would just respawn at the front doors, and I had "Error Trap Recorded 1" sign; not working as intended.

I'll go back to work and try to fix the problems, and I'll let you know when I'll have any issue.

EDIT: So I've changed the plant model to be a bush, not a tree like an apple tree, for obvious reasons. The plant is working right now, I can buy it in the grocery shop, plant it, harvest, etc.

Thank you so much for this guide Arsil, I am grateful that you put so much work and time to make it easy for me and other people.

Now I guess I'll get to the meshing part...
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:15 PM
Arsil, you're awesome for taking the time to explain all this!

Dawg, I'm glad you got your custom ingredients working! \o/
Forum Resident
#55 Old 29th May 2015 at 1:42 AM
Pardon me for butting into this thread, but I tried my hand at making a custom plant, and ran into some issues when testing it.

It was my intention to make a nectarine plant based off of the apple plant. It appears in the game, but... kinda sorta not really. First off, it's invisible. Second of all, it's not called a nectarine, but it's being named after one of the descriptions I put for it (somewhere in the XML files if I recall correctly). When I tried to get my tester Sim to plant the "nectarine" (honestly, can it even be called that when it's an invisible borked fruit thingy?), he walked up to the land I selected and then gave up. He can eat it, but it's as if he's eating air. So, pretty much... I have an invisible fruit, that's being named after a really long sentence description, which doesn't want to be planted into the ground, and makes Sims look like they're eating air. Not really what I was after, but, hey. It's progress!

Any chance I could get some advice on this? I'm relatively certain that I know how to fix the name, but the invisible demon fruit part, not so much.
Inventor
#56 Old 29th May 2015 at 12:18 PM
About the name, it's probably due to a wrong STBL key (the one for the description instead of the one for the name).

About the invisibility, it seems like the Model_Name hasn't been "translated" well to the InstanceId of the mesh.
Maybe it wasn't hashed correctly or maybe the CodeVersion or DataVersion don't match with the GroupId.

I need more information to help you or you can upload the package and I'll take a look at it.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:37 PM Last edited by TARLACHRed : 31st May 2015 at 1:42 AM.
Okay, here's the file. I just woke up, so I didn't have a chance to go back and fiddle with it, so... be warned, there's probably shoddy errors everywhere.

Thank you so much for taking a look at it, though. I really appreciate it when someone sits down and tries to help me.
Inventor
#58 Old 29th May 2015 at 5:54 PM
In the NGMP's entry, the name of the object isn't mapped correctly.
You have to put as namehash the FNV64 hashing of the medator_name
string you used in the xml of the plant (momo_NectarinePlant_medatorName)

You have correctly assigned to the Instance ID of the VPXY and MLOD of the
plant the FNV24 hashing of the modelName specified in the xml of the plant,
but you forgot to do the same with the MODL resource (remember to replace
the IID both internally - with S3OC - and externally - with S3PE).

The meshes of the ingredient are not in the package.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:07 PM
Thank you, Arsil.

I think I fixed the NGMP issue; I changed the name (under details) from momo_NectarinePlant_NGMP to momo_NectarinePlant_medatorName, then FNV64 hash'd it (...is that even a verb?), so now the instance should be okay.

Is there any chance I can have dummy explanations on how to fix it? Particularly on the replacing of the IID internally & externally - I think I got a bit lost on that step.

For the meshes... how would I go about getting those? Doing some voodoo in S3OC? Or would I open up the FullBuild0.package in S3PE? Sorry if I'm being a bit scatterbrained!

Thanks
Inventor
#60 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:18 PM
You don't have to change the name or the IID of the NGMP resource itself, but the namehash of its [only] entry.

If you already replaced correctly the IID of VPXY and MLOD, why are you confused on how to do that for the MODL?

For the ingredient meshes, have you used more than one package during the process and left them in another
one when you merged/imported their content? The VPXY of the ingredient is there, but not the MODL
(and maybe one or more MLODs, I don't remember if the apple has them).

Anyway, the guide explains every step, you just have to follow it more carefully. K? K.

Oh, in the CCLoader thread there should still be my experimental custom plant/ingredient.
That was also cloned from the apple three and the apple ingredient.
Maybe it can help you as a reference.

If you still have trouble come back here ^^
Forum Resident
#61 Old 31st May 2015 at 5:40 AM
After 2+ hours, I managed to fix most of my package. The ingredient name is now Nectarine, instead of that weird monstrosity it was earlier. The plant also works now - I can direct my tester Sim to plant it, and he doesn't just revert back to standing when he tries to do that. The plant grows properly from an itty bitty mound of dirt to a tree.

My only issue now is the ingredient itself. I did go and copy in the MODL from the FullBuild0.package, and I also took a look at your apple-cloned plant. I plopped in whatever files I was missing (not from your file, but from the FullBuild0.package file), and I'm still not getting any visible fruit. Do I need to do something to the instances of the ingredient resources? Because other than that, I have no idea. I also noticed that the _KEY file in my package was pretty vague, something like 0x0000000000000000 (whoa, so many zeros). Is it supposed to be like that?

I have to say, though... thank you for not just giving me a simple answer. It was rewarding having to solve most of the issues on my own. But for this whole invisible fruit thing, I'm afraid I'll need some guidance. Like I said earlier, I have no idea what else to do to make my ingredient visible. I have a feeling it's most likely an issue with the instances, but I'm not an expert, so all I can do is speculate.
Inventor
#62 Old 31st May 2015 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
I also noticed that the _KEY file in my package was pretty vague, something like 0x0000000000000000 (whoa, so many zeros). Is it supposed to be like that?

Irrelevant. But never use 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Did you hear me? NEVER!
And don't feed it after midnight. Uhm, maybe I'm mixing things up.

Quote:
My only issue now is the ingredient itself. I did go and copy in the MODL from the FullBuild0.package, and I also took a look at your apple-cloned plant. I plopped in whatever files I was missing (not from your file, but from the FullBuild0.package file), and I'm still not getting any visible fruit. Do I need to do something to the instances of the ingredient resources? Because other than that, I have no idea.

If only there was a guide with a bit of theory, detailed instructions and examples...
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...640#post4669640
Forum Resident
#63 Old 31st May 2015 at 10:56 PM
Ehehh. Sorry for overlooking that part. I went and did that, but the ingredient is still not showing up. I'm terribly sorry for all these questions on how to make it work, but I really would like to make my fruit work. Even after doing that step you linked to (and double checking the steps before and after that one), the ingredient is still not showing up. I've even compared my file to your example file that was cloned from an apple; I can't see any difference! What do I have to do to get this darn ingredient to be visible? Dance and sing to it?

Did I maybe screw something up with the ingredient's IIDs when replacing them between S3PE and S3OC? Maybe (...more like "most likely") I read something wrong?

Sorry if I'm being a burden, but I'm determined to learn this, even if I feel bad about bugging you on it.
Inventor
#64 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 8:12 AM
Upload the package.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:00 PM Last edited by TARLACHRed : 1st Jun 2015 at 6:05 PM.
Here you go. Thanks for taking a look at it.
Inventor
#66 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:24 PM
With S3PE, double click on the MODL of the apple (the ingredient).
Put as instance the same IID you used for the VPXY of the apple, 0x0000000000984C59.
Click OK and save the package.

I didn't check if everything else was correct.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:57 PM

Arsil... you're my hero. Thank you so much for helping me figure this out - I would say more words of gratitude but I don't know any others that don't sound tacky. So, simply, thank you.
Icy Spicy
#68 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 8:23 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 3rd Jun 2015 at 7:50 PM.
I want to change a plant mesh.

Code:
<PlantList>
  <PlantName>mc_BambooPlant</PlantName>
  <LocalizationKeyPlantName>mc_BambooPlant</LocalizationKeyPlantName>
  <LocalizationKeySeedName>mc_BambooSeed</LocalizationKeySeedName>
  <LocalizationKeyDescription>mc_BambooPlantDescription</LocalizationKeyDescription>
  <Rarity>Common</Rarity>
  <SkillPointsPlant>175</SkillPointsPlant>
  <SkillPointsHarvest>125</SkillPointsHarvest>
  <PerfThresholdAvgToGood>60</PerfThresholdAvgToGood>
  <PerfThresholdGoodToGreat>70</PerfThresholdGoodToGreat>
  <PerfBonusDrySoil>-70</PerfBonusDrySoil>
  <PerfBonusNeutralSoil>-25</PerfBonusNeutralSoil>
  <PerfBonusWetSoil>30</PerfBonusWetSoil>
  <WaterDecay>3</WaterDecay>
  <WeedProblem>0.2</WeedProblem>
  <HarvestStateDurationMin>2</HarvestStateDurationMin>
  <HarvestStateDurationMax>4</HarvestStateDurationMax>
  <NumLifetimeHarvestables>15</NumLifetimeHarvestables>
  <NumHarvestablesMin>2</NumHarvestablesMin>
  <NumHarvestablesMax>4</NumHarvestablesMax>
  <MedatorName>mc_BambooStem</MedatorName>
 </PlantList>

<!-- Start - Keep this block of data untouched. MUST be before any MedatorInstanceList tuning -->
	 <MedatorInstanceList>
	  <MedatorName></MedatorName>  <!-- MUST be unique -->
	  <PlantHeight></PlantHeight>
	  <ModelName></ModelName>
	  <ProductVersion></ProductVersion>
	 </MedatorInstanceList>
	 <!-- End -->

<!-- Place your MedatorInstanceList tunings below this line -->                         
      <MedatorInstanceList>
	  <MedatorName>mc_BambooStem</MedatorName> 
	  <PlantHeight>Medium</PlantHeight>
       	  <ModelName>mc_BambooStem</ModelName>
     </MedatorInstanceList>

</Plants>

For the NGMP, I have hashed mc_BambooStem_NGMP and put the value in the hashing field.I have put the IID of mc_BambooStem in the IID field.I have changed the IIDs of modl,mlod,vpxy of the plant package hashing mc_BambooStem(the model name))

But the change is not reflected in game.When i use debug enabler to fast forward the growth stage I am still getting the original GardenBush.Do I have to do any extra steps?

Edit: I opened your custom plant package and saw that I should have FNV64 hashed the medator name.But where did you get the Instance you used in the NGMP Pair entry?What do I pair the medatorname with?

Edit 2: Okay...I see that you have used the instance of the OBJD of the plant package.
Will test out and see!

Edit 3:...nope...does not work

Final Happy Edit: Did everything from scratch and now the new mesh shows up properly.

Will go and adjust the mesh now to include a few more bamboo stems
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#69 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:34 PM
Any progress? I'll admit, it'd be really cool to have weed in TS3. It's the only way to justify making a Snoop Dogg Sim.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 4:22 PM Last edited by Grimms : 26th Aug 2019 at 6:41 PM.
Hello,

I don't know if anyone is still actively looking on this thread or not but I need some help. I followed all of the instructions from the tutorial, but for some reason the plant won't show up in my game at all. So if anyone is still on the thread can someone take a look at my file and see what I did wrong so I can move on to meshing and everything else, that would be amazing and I would really appreciate the help, and if anyone could help me with an autosoil too that would be even more amazing.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Grimms_Guava Mod.rar (1.16 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 10:47 PM
Wowie! I did it! Thank you so much for the guide Arsil, I feel ready to move on to the next stage now
Page 3 of 3