Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 4:00 PM
Default Custom ITF EP Dew Flower not working; help, please. :(
My evil plan was to make that giant actually functional, instead of just decor. The mesh was actually much smaller, but I made it huge so it could be one of the dew flowers from Into the Future. I THOUGHT it was gonna be a simple process: clone of of EA’s flowers, and swap out the meshes and textures, and enjoy. But joke’s on me!

As soon as my sim interacts with the flower in any way (shaking it, & collecting dew), it magically reverts back to EA’s mesh and texture, even though I ALREADY EFFING REMOVED THEM IN TSRW.

Once the interaction/animation is done, it goes back to the custom mesh & texture, and I have zero idea what is going on.

As far as I can tell, it’s not a geostate issue (cuz it doesn’t have any?); so I wonder if it’s an animation & bones//joints issue? Or if it’s linking itself to EA’s flowers through some unholy force? Is this a S3PE job?

UGH!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 4:36 PM Last edited by zoe22 : 17th Jul 2022 at 4:47 PM.
I'm not familiar with this object in game, but in the code it uses an "Animatable flower" during the interaction. It has the name "droopingFlower" so hopefully if you replace that object too, it will work. It also has different material states, I'm guessing for the different dew colours?

I'm having some trouble cloning it, but if you check in FullBuild_p21, there's the mesh resources instance 0x00000000A0A86281 and OBJD 0x000000000098DF86
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
I'm not familiar with this object in game, but in the code it uses an "Animatable flower" during the interaction. It has the name "droopingFlower" so hopefully if you replace that object too, it will work. It also has different material states, I'm guessing for the different dew colours?

I'm having some trouble cloning it, but if you check in FullBuild_p21, there's the mesh resources instance 0x00000000A0A86281 and OBJD 0x000000000098DF86

Omg I figured something extra was going on! Thanks so much for the tip!