Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:21 AM
can't get bon voyage items to clone in SIM PE
I've noticed several objects Likke the ships wheel sculpture, and
life saver sculpture, are unable to be cloned in object workshop.
When I clone it I just get a blank page in the "screengraph rename wizard" . The title shows but nothing else. I have CEP installled and my preferences are set to my Bon voyage files so I don't know what the problem could be.
any help appreciated.
Babu
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:53 AM Last edited by tbudgett : 19th Nov 2008 at 3:12 AM.
Things to check:
In preferences: does the system folder show BonVoyage? System check OK? Bon Voyage box ticked in File Table?

The attachment shows the settings I use.

Tick every box but Reference Original Mesh in the Object Workshop Clone Screen.

Hope this helps

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 8:24 AM
Are you sure the CEP is installed properly, and is up to date? Don't forget one part of the CEP installs into the actual ProgramFiles part of The Sims 2, and when you get a new EP that part of the CEP is left behind in the last EP's folder and wants reinstalling.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tbudgett
Things to check:
In preferences: does the system folder show BonVoyage? System check OK? Bon Voyage box ticked in File Table?

The attachment shows the settings I use.

Tick every box but Reference Original Mesh in the Object Workshop Clone Screen.

Hope this helps

yeah, I think all those things are okay. I'm sending some shots of my settings etc. to show what exactly is going on .
Bbau
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Are you sure the CEP is installed properly, and is up to date? Don't forget one part of the CEP installs into the actual ProgramFiles part of The Sims 2, and when you get a new EP that part of the CEP is left behind in the last EP's folder and wants reinstalling.

well I cna't say for sure if it's installed proprely. I have recently updated it though..I mean after installing Bon voyage...
Where would I find the part that installs into the program files , do you know? I'd like to check if it's there.
I know when you download it it asks if you wan to manually install or not. I chose to let them install it. Maybe I should try it manually? Wlel I'll try and see...if you have any ideas let me know.
thanks
Babu
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 9:53 AM
Both the ship wheel and the life saver wall hangings are Family Fun objects; keep in mind that Objects Workshop creates a list containing all the existing objects, including the ones from the packs that you don't have: it's up to you choos the objects that you can normally find in game, and ignore the other ones.

I'd like Object Workshop to show only the objects available in the selected (and installed) packs, but currently it shows them all.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#7 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:24 AM
That's due to EA carrying everything forward, and not particularly helpful. However, if OW has found the OBJD in order to list an item it should also have been able to find the materials for it. Unfortunately if Peter tries to fix this to look at the "required EP" flags he will probably kill OW altogether as Quaxi never made available his full library that he used to create tools such as OW, so we're having to simply include the existing dlls with each release for some aspects of SimPE.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:49 AM
I guessed right then, about Object Workshop being Quaxi's personal toy -
Of course I know that all the objects are carried forward in all the new EPs, and I perfectly understand why OW lists them all. What I don't understand is your statement:
"However, if OW has found the OBJD in order to list an item it should also have been able to find the materials for it". Each new EP provides a objects.package containing all the previous OBJD, but the new EPs do not provide also the older objects00.package, object01.package etc, which contain the actual meshes and materials.
Can't we simply create a "rough" workaround, providing to SimPE/OW (or maybe the OBJD wrapper!) a simple list of all the existing objects, with the EP it came from? Maybe integrating the existing GUID list?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

#9 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 11:11 AM
Then he has to edit the OW anyway to use that, and may run into the same problems. If he is editing for that, then it would be just as simple to check required EP flags. The simplest fix for that is to educate the users that if they have CEP installed properly, but OW is failing to find resources for some objects to recolour, then that means the object does not match the EP ticks you have in your filetable. Or better still, have them check the required EP in the description, which is now working.

Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 12:34 AM
i have a similar problem.I want to clone the jewel display that comes with BV.After choosing it in the list, i create a new file with SimPE but i can't find any GMDC to open so that i can clone/replace the item by my custom one.I remember having the same issue with several items. Is there a special option to check or something?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 9:45 AM
No special options, just the normal checks:
- System Folders: must show the right path to Bon Voyage;
- System Check: must show all the checks in green;
- File Table: click "Reset".

Also, if you are using the QA version of SimPE, and you have Mansion&Gardens, SimPE may have some problems (read my postshere).

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:01 AM
Hi Numenor
I wanted to read your posts (interested to see how all the SimPE development is done) but the link is not valid...

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
#13 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:17 AM
You need to join the QA team. If you can find how to do it, just tell me your username

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:25 AM
Hi Inge,
It is me, leesester, SimPE username leesester, email address you have

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
#15 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:26 AM
Ok you're in.