Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Manda9102 : 30th Dec 2017 at 2:50 AM. Reason: base game hair missing

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can I reset my megahood without uninstalling my game (missing basegame hair)
So I have to reinstall my sims game and I was using the Uber-Megahood here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=301194

I've extracted most of the important sims from the corrupted hood so I'm ready to start all over again. Is there a way I can do this without having to reinstall. I know you can reset maxis neighborhoods but can I reset my megahood without having to uninstall and reinstall everything?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:23 PM
well you can delete the hood and download it again and it'll be new i've done it a lot.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:30 PM
Re-installing is only necessary when the problem is in the game files, and it almost never is.

If you back up the existing Uber-Megahood folder, all you would have to do in a new installation to keep right on using it would be to make a back up of the N373 folder and drop it into the new Neighborhoods folder.

If it's too corrupted to play again, and you wish to keep playing the same sims, you'll need to delete N373 and create a brand-new one, using your extracted and cloned sims and cleaned-out copies of the houses you built for them. You don't have to reinstall the game for that and only you can decide whether the necessary labor is worth it to you.

If you want to play again from the beginning (which is what most of us around here mean by 'resetting'), then you can delete N373, redownload it, and start over. But bear in mind that it was made a long time ago and HP herself recommends that Tarlia's cleaned subhood versions are state-of-the-art for avoiding corruption, so you should consider building your own Uber-megahood yourself.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
well you can delete the hood and download it again and it'll be new i've done it a lot.

When extracting the 2nd part I got
Data error in "N373/characters7N373_User00449.package." file is broken and it says the same thing for
User 00782
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:00 PM
That doesn't sound good. It's possible that the file was broken during download, though. If a second download has the same result, and you really don't want to go with Tarlia's versions for some reason, you could contact HP about it.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Re-installing is only necessary when the problem is in the game files, and it almost never is.

If you back up the existing Uber-Megahood folder, all you would have to do in a new installation to keep right on using it would be to make a back up of the N373 folder and drop it into the new Neighborhoods folder.

If it's too corrupted to play again, and you wish to keep playing the same sims, you'll need to delete N373 and create a brand-new one, using your extracted and cloned sims and cleaned-out copies of the houses you built for them. You don't have to reinstall the game for that and only you can decide whether the necessary labor is worth it to you.

If you want to play again from the beginning (which is what most of us around here mean by 'resetting'), then you can delete N373, redownload it, and start over. But bear in mind that it was made a long time ago and HP herself recommends that Tarlia's cleaned subhood versions are state-of-the-art for avoiding corruption, so you should consider building your own Uber-megahood yourself.

The N373 hood has broken files when unzipping building my own isn't going to be an option and what was on https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html confused the crap out of me
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:14 PM
That's okay, we can walk you through that.

You'll want to pick one hood to be the main one, and download the Main Hood version of that from the first batch of downloads; decide if you want a downtown and whether you want it to be BC or the NL downtown, and download that from the second batch; then download everything else you want from the "University" and "Shopping District" sections further down the page. AFAIK the stealth hoods (where townies, family bin sims, stray pets, etc. come from) and lot bin families (Kat and Kim) aren't particularly corrupted and personally I wouldn't worry about them, but they're all the way down at the bottom if you want them.

You will also need a mod by Mootilda, found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924 . This will allow your game to find the new templates.

If you're confused about where to put them once you get them, you're not the first person that's happened to! But one thing at a time. If this is the option you want to go with, go do the downloading and unzipping, then come back and we'll walk you through that part.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:22 PM
Don't reinstall your game! (I hope I got that wrong it is early morning here) Reinstalling has nothing to do with this issue. Just redownload the hood-delete the old and install it to re-set. But I would take the advice above and use the one by Tarlia.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:37 PM
That's okay, we can walk you through that.

You'll want to pick one hood to be the main one, and download the Main Hood version of that from the first batch of downloads; decide if you want a downtown and whether you want it to be BC or the NL downtown, and download that from the second batch; then download everything else you want from the "University" and "Shopping District" sections further down the page. AFAIK the stealth hoods (where townies, family bin sims, stray pets, etc. come from) and lot bin families (Kat and Kim) aren't particularly corrupted and personally I wouldn't worry about them, but they're all the way down at the bottom if you want them.

You will also need a mod by Mootilda, found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924 . This will allow your game to find the new templates.

If you're confused about where to put them once you get them, you're not the first person that's happened to! But one thing at a time. If this is the option you want to go with, go do the downloading and unzipping, then come back and we'll walk you through that part.

It may take a while but if your up for it I really appreciate the help!
Okay I put the multiple subhoods download in my downloads folder.

Step 2: you said choose a downtown...I still want the open for business area that came with blue water village btw, but I guess we haven't gotten that far since thats the shopping district so I downloaded Downtown with Tricou.

I chose Belladonna Cove so added MainHood_BelladonnaCove to my neighbooorhoods folder.

Now for the Universities....the installation instructions are different here but do I just put put all 3 in the neighborhood folder too where I put the others?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM
I don't have to be the only one walking you through it. I know if I have to be gone for awhile someone else will come along and take you the next step. Also, if you have the Ultimate Collection, I don't, so you'll want someone else to lead you through the file paths.

Unlike the Uber-Megahood, which was all put together ahead of time, these are templates and will go into your Program files, not your Data files. They're not hurting anything in the Downloads, but you can't use them from there.

When you installed the game, the installation wizard put the files necessary to create and run the game neighborhoods into your Program Files. The exact path varies with the version you're using and the Operating System of the computer you're on. So the first thing you need to do is figure out where your game installation files are. If, like most people, your Program Files are all on your C drive, navigate there in your file browser, and locate a folder called EA Games. This is not the same as the one where you put custom content and your neighborhoods, and the subfolders will not be the same.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:23 PM
I don't have to be the only one walking you through it. I know if I have to be gone for awhile someone else will come along and take you the next step. Also, if you have the Ultimate Collection, I don't, so you'll want someone else to lead you through the file paths.

Unlike the Uber-Megahood, which was all put together ahead of time, these are templates and will go into your Program files, not your Data files. They're not hurting anything in the Downloads, but you can't use them from there.

When you installed the game, the installation wizard put the files necessary to create and run the game neighborhoods into your Program Files. The exact path varies with the version you're using and the Operating System of the computer you're on. So the first thing you need to do is figure out where your game installation files are. If, like most people, your Program Files are all on your C drive, navigate there in your file browser, and locate a folder called EA Games. This is not the same as the one where you put custom content and your neighborhoods, and the subfolders will not be the same.

Ok so since I didn't uninstall it's ok that there's something already in there right because the university Neighboorhood Template has U001
U002
and U003 already in there so I just addd Sim State, La Fiesta, and Academie in there with the other 3?
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:34 PM
no those three are the original universities delete them and add the new ones

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:39 PM
Nope, you take those three out and replace them with Tarlia's universities.

So you found the paths, that's good. You take out the template that shipped with the game--say U001, and put Tarlia's U001 in, instead. U001 is SSU, U002 is LFT, U003 is ALT.

Business districts is where you put most of them--there's only one that's shipped with the game, Bluewater, so you delete that and put in Tarlia's Bluewater and all the other business district templates--I've got everything there except Pleasantview because I use Pleasantview as my base.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:39 PM
Butting in for a second: if you do install the templates, you might want to not delete the older ones-instead, move them to a safe place and keep them there. That way if something horrible should happen to the game, you will have them.

Better safe than sorry.

-basic computer safety: always have a backup somewhere.-

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:40 PM
No, because they use the same numbers. Take the original neighborhood templates - the U00X folders there - and move them somewhere. Deleting them is not recommended because if you ever want the originals for some reason it'll be easier to retrieve them from a back up drive or something than to regenerate them from the disk. The clean templates have the same file number as the originals, so your computer would just merge the files and that would be a mess.

Once that folder is empty, you put the new U001, U002, and U003 folders into it, and from that point on, whenever you add a premade university, it'll choose from the cleaned-up ones.

There should also be a folder with B001 in it. That's the original Bluewater Village. All the Shopping District templates go in there. If you want to use Tarlia's Bluewater instead of the original, move the existing B001 to backup, just like the original universities, and then you can put the new B001 in. Ditto with the Downtown, which is D001.

Belladonna Cove, as your Main Hood, can be placed directly into the neighborhood subfolder of your game data, but delete E001 from it first! You can also replace the E001 folder in your program files (with the usual backup), in case you make a mistake and have to start over - if you have the cleaned version in your neighborhood templates, you won't have to redownload everything to start again.

How you doing so far?

Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:00 PM
Ah. Since I use UC, it's a simple click 'repair' in Origin if I want the old neighborhoods back. (Which, um, I wouldn't.) And then fix half a dozen other mods--Scriptorum, etc. Different strokes and all that.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:50 PM
@Sunbee be careful with your use of repair, I was told yesterday it counts as reinstall and you only get five apparently. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:14 AM
Who told you that Jo?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:37 AM
I've done it more than 5 times for various reasons.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:39 AM
Another moderator maxon. I hope they are mistaken then as that would bite.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#21 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:46 AM
As far as I know the thing with the 5 installation limit is like this: You can only install it on five systems at the same time So like if you had six computers in your home you could only install and run it on five of them. If you deinstal it on one of those systems, or de-authorize it you get one of those installs "back".

On the same system you can uninstall and install it unlimited times.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 1:49 AM
I've repaired once. Thanks for the heads up, though!

I have it on I don't know how many systems--put it on for kids on at least a couple that are now dead-dead, like Oops, I set the processor to smoking, Daddy! dead. (I thought I was confident with computers--our kids are a whole 'nother level of 'let me see if I can break this!') I wonder how/if Origin reads this computer is no longer in existence?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 2:52 AM
No, because they use the same numbers. Take the original neighborhood templates - the U00X folders there - and move them somewhere. Deleting them is not recommended because if you ever want the originals for some reason it'll be easier to retrieve them from a back up drive or something than to regenerate them from the disk. The clean templates have the same file number as the originals, so your computer would just merge the files and that would be a mess.

Once that folder is empty, you put the new U001, U002, and U003 folders into it, and from that point on, whenever you add a premade university, it'll choose from the cleaned-up ones.

There should also be a folder with B001 in it. That's the original Bluewater Village. All the Shopping District templates go in there. If you want to use Tarlia's Bluewater instead of the original, move the existing B001 to backup, just like the original universities, and then you can put the new B001 in. Ditto with the Downtown, which is D001.

Belladonna Cove, as your Main Hood, can be placed directly into the neighborhood subfolder of your game data, but delete E001 from it first! You can also replace the E001 folder in your program files (with the usual backup), in case you make a mistake and have to start over - if you have the cleaned version in your neighborhood templates, you won't have to redownload everything to start again.

How you doing so far?

I followed the instructions for OFB and placed the backup somewhere safe so the shopping districts are done. So that just leaves the stealth hoods right? Oh and all the vacation stuff has been placed already right in the beginning?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:04 AM
The vacation hoods were not shipped with remnants of dead sims in them, so you only needed to replace the stealth hood template that supplies the tourists if you don't want the tourists.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
The vacation hoods were not shipped with remnants of dead sims in them, so you only needed to replace the stealth hood template that supplies the tourists if you don't want the tourists.
I want them....I just wanted to make sure they were included and I haven't skipped any steps.
Page 1 of 3