Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:21 PM
Default The Sims 3 Supernatual Artisan Challenge
The Supernatural Artisan Challenge

Hi guys! This is the first challenge I create. I haven't even tested it yet, because i wanted to write down the rules first, so, if anything isn't working, I'll came back here and fix it. If any of you guys see something that's not working fine, let me know too! And sorry about any writing mistakes. I'm brazilian, my native language is portuguese and my english hasn't been used in a while... So, no more talking, let's move to the challenge. Hope you like it!

Background Story

In a distant village, four sims gathered around, united by the same wish: to become a supernatural being only with their own hands efforts. So, they decided do move out, where no one would know them and they would be able achieve their dreams and no one could stop them.

Creating Your Sims

So, you gotta create four young adult or adult human sims. They are going to play diferente roles in the household. You can use any custom content you want in the CAS.
This is quite a fun challenge, so, have in mind that if you want to keep doing it for more than one generation (details later) you gotta create two boys and two girls, so they can marry themselves, as you are not allowed to move anyone into the household. If you have a same-sex pregnancy mod, than it doesn't really matter.

Sim 1 - The Alchemist

This sim is going to be the main sim of your household, and the responsible for the supernatural changings. It may have the Supernatural Fan trait, other trait of your choice and you must randomize the other three traits. Give it the Alchemy Artisan Lifetime Wish.

Sim 2 - The Chef

This is the only sim allowed to cook in the house. Give it the Natural Cook trait, other of your choice and randomize for the other three. Give it the Culinary Librarian Lifetime Wish.

Sim 3 - The Nectar Maker

This sim has the only function of making nectar. That's it. Give it the Snob trait, another of your choice and three other randomized ones. Must have the Bottomless Nectar Cellar Lifetime Wish.

Sim 4 - The Animal Caretaker

This sim is the only one allowed to take care of all of the household animals. Give it the Animal Lover trait, plus onde of your choice and three randomized. It's Lifetime Wish is The Ark Builder. You may choose The Animal Rescuer if you want. Adopsting animals from shelters count as adopting strays, so this is an easier LTW for this sim. It's up to you.

Setting the Lot

First, switch your life span to normal, and, if you have seasons, adjust both moon cicle and season duration for 8 days, so they are sincronized. The game sincronizes the season duration as one week, but for this challenge it works better if season and moon cicle are sincronized.

Move your sims to an empty lot 30x20 or bigger. I don't recommend a very big lot, as it can be quite annoying to build in a big lot as 64x64. But, again, it's up to you. After buying this lot, build four fenced areas, and lock the gates so each sim can enter in only one area. These are going to be their personal garden areas. Save some space in the lot so you can build houses later, but feel free to renovate the lot as many times as you want to, if you have the money to do so. Yeah, that's right. No kaching or motherlode allowed. Also, no draging the needs bars to green if you are using testingcheats. The only cheat you can use is moveobjects. Also, you MUST, after building the fenced areas, use the familyfunds cheat and reduce your family money amout to 0.

Starting the Game

Alright, now we have the sims, the lot and no money at all. So, first things first, go get some money! There are a few ways in you can do it: search for srap in dumpsters or in the junkyard, cath flowers in the park (some of them worth lots of simoleons), fish... Also, is smart to take your alchemist and your cooker to a library, so they can read a little bit about their skill, and be at least a level one.

Take three of your sims to take care of the money issue, and save the animal caretaker with you. He must adopt three animals from the shelter: a puppy (big or small breed, nevermind), a kitten and a foal. Is his job to take care of them, and they are going to be really important. If any of these animals is taken away for neglect, you instantly FAIL the challenge.

As soon as you have your first simoleons, have one of your sims to go to the market buy some harvesteble items. Your sim may only buy something if it's going to be useful, and by beeing useful, I mean if he can use the collected items for something. Example: our chef already starts the game knowing how to cook autmn salad, witch uses up one lettuce. So, you can buy a lettuce. On the other hand, she doesn't know how to cook the pumpkin pie, so no buying pumpkins yet. Use the same strategie for the alchemy skill. You can check up what kind of ingredients each recipe uses up by taking a look at your sim skill journal.

For the same reason, you can't keep the fish with you yet, so sell them. You can only keep then from the moment when your chef learns how to cook something that uses up fish. Following this thought, the nectar maker sim is the only one with a really interesting garden in the beggining of the game, as the nectar recipes doesn't ask for a specifc level so you can make them. You can even create your own! While you don't have a nectar making machine, the only use for the garden produce is going to be sold or eaten. Below, a list of what kind of plant each sim is allowed to plant:

Alchemyst - Supernatural and Into The Future plants. (ITF is not really necessary, but the crystals are quite useful, so, if you want to, you can plant some)
Chef - Base game, seasons and store plants.
Nectar Maker - World Adventures and Showtime plants
Animal Caretaker - University and Pets plants

You can check up what plant is from wich EP in this link: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_%28The_Sims_3%29

Also, no garden is allowed to have more than one plant of the same tipe. It means that you can only have one tomato plant in the entire lot. Good luck with that. And you may never have more then 10 of the same produce tipe stored. You can use buydebug to buy a chest and your nectar making machine, as soon as your sims have the money to do so.

Register your sims as self-employed. The Alchemyst as an alchemyst (duh), the chef as a gardener, the nectar maker as a nectar maker (again, duh) and the animal caretaker as a angler. This will increase their profit. Buy a chest as soon as you can, so you can store all of your sims harvestble items. From now on, as your game goes by, you must attempt to buy the profession items for them:

Alchemist: Alchemy station, elixir shelves, gem cutting machine, metal smelting station (download this one from MTS if you want. It's not included in the game, is custom content).
Chef: any cooking items, with varies depending on how much store content you have. The pizza oven, the baker station and the tempaki grill are only allowed after you finish de chef supernatural LTW (details later), because they do not use up ingredients to make the food.
Nectar Maker: nectar making station, nectar shelves and a basement.
Animal caretaker: any animal items, a big aquarium (the rectangular one that fits 6 fish at the same time), a bonfire (well, this sim plants herbs too).

With all of this in your hands, you can start working in your sims LTW. Notice that if you do not fill an aquarium, the fishes will procriate. This is very useful. If you take care of your fishes, and have in maximum three different ones per aquarium, they will procriate each generation in a better quality. Better food for your sims <3

When you have the money to give your sims vehicules, give a broom for the alchemist, a motorcycle for the chef, a car for the nectar maker and the animal caretaker rides it's horse. The animals are going to be a great help on looking for gems, metals and insects, as soon as they age up.

After achieving a sim LTW, you star the second part of this Challenge (feel free to use as many Fountain of Youth Elixir or Young Again lifetime reward so you came as a YA or adult to this second part).

Supernatural New Life

After a sim completing it's LTW, it can be changes into it's supernatural target tipe. Witch for the alchemist, fairy for the chef, vampire for the nectar maker and werewolf for the animal caretaker. As it happened, give your sim a new LTW, conected with it's supernatural tipe. We have two options for the witch (Mystic Healer or Zombie Master), two for the fairy (Greener Gardens or Magic Makeover), Turn The Town for the vampire and Leader Of The Pack for the werewolf.

You must now focus on finishing this LTW. From this point on, you are alowed to marry your sims (only with eachother) and have children. If you feel like playing this challenge again with the kids, they must be reverted to human as soon as they can drink the elixir to do so.

Chalenge Final Goals

So, this is it. You win when you achieve all of your sims's supernatural LTW. You fail if any of your animals, or kids are taken away, or if your sims became elder before achieving the first LTW.

Any doubts, let me know below. I'm really excited about this challenge, and hope you guys have fun playing it! Happy simming! <3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:19 AM
what if i dont have wa, and cant purchase it anytime soon?

EDIT:i dont have showtime either
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 4:30 AM
Probably trying this! (But, just so you know, it's spelled "type")
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:21 PM
Can I make only 2 Sims and my main Sim becomes a hybrid?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eggythesimmer1234
what if i dont have wa, and cant purchase it anytime soon?

EDIT:i dont have showtime either

hm... I guess you could replace nectar making for mixology if you have late night. I don't think showtime makes any difference tbh, I just put it on the challenge so that people who have it know in wich garden to plant it's plants.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scooter Dracon
Probably trying this! (But, just so you know, it's spelled "type")

thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElizabellaStewart
Can I make only 2 Sims and my main Sim becomes a hybrid?

Like, a two-in-one thing? 4 LTW each? That sounds a lot of work! But go ahead, and good luck