Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with SimPE
I posted this on the Stupid/Random Questions yesterday, but I feel it should have its own thread.

I'm trying to make the 'Tranversal' by Joi Structure (that's what it is called in an English game, right?) - the AL ceiling beam - hood visible. The problem is that I can't find it in the Object Workshop. In fact, I can only see Base Game, Celebrations, Happy Holidays, Kitchen & Bath and IKEA items, even though I have the UC installed. About a month ago I was trying to clone the IKEA LACK endtable, so I went to Preferences and set up the paths for each EP/SP in order to have stuff from packs. I don't understand why only those 4 SPs were recognised though. I am running SimPE in Advanced Mode.

I don't have much experience with SimPE, so I'm hoping I can get help from you guys.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:43 PM
Try to reset the FileTable: Extra/Preferences/File Table/reset and then Reload (in the same dialog box). (reset at the bottom right and Reload at the top right). Close by pushing OK.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
Try to reset the FileTable: Extra/Preferences/File Table/reset and then Reload (in the same dialog box). (reset at the bottom right and Reload at the top right). Close by pushing OK.

Didn't work. Teen Style Stuff now appears, but the rest doesn't.

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:53 PM
Bumping

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:28 PM
Are you using the installed version of SimPE or the standalone version?

I take it you have checked all the file addresses are set correctly in Preferences?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:49 PM
I don't know what you mean by installed or standalone version.
Yes, the file path is correct, I think.

D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\... for every EP/SP, some work but some don't.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 3:15 PM
Personally, I think the installed version causes more issues with file paths than using the version you run from a folder.

D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\... Is not a correct file path for each of the ep's/sp's. There is more after that correct?

Look at simpe.xreg in the data folder and verify that the file paths are correct. If SimPE is not reading a specific game, it's because it doesn't have the correct file path.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:23 PM
I put the (...) part because it depends on each EP/SP. For example, for Apartment Life I used D:\Program File (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life, while for Open for Business I used D:\Program File (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best Of Business\EP3. As far as I know, the file paths are correct.

And I still don't know what you mean by installed or standalone version.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:03 PM
I think they're asking whether you have the auto-installed or manually installed version of the program. The auto-installed version of SimPE was made for the disk version of Sims 2 and may have problems finding the correct file paths for the Ultimate Collection.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:08 PM
I think I have the auto-installed version. It didn't have file paths for any expansion at first, but I manually assigned them.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:33 PM
The standalone version comes in a zip file and you extract a folder and run the programme directly from an exe - it's not installed as a programme in your registry. Like HL I tend to prefer it since it seems to be more controllable. The installed version you run and install like a regular programme. I'm not quite sure now where we're up to with that since Quaxi came back and updated. It used to be that the zipped version was slightly more up to date than the installed version because it was the very last build made. It's called version 73.44QA because it was in the quality assurance section at SimPE (of which I was a member) and we were testing it just as TS3 came up for release and Inge stopped working on it. It's a stable release, it just never got the installation front end added. It was updated for M&G whereas the installable version needed an M&G patch.

Since the release of the UC - which was a long time after the final build of SimPE - the default file paths changed. I'm never sure of what they are because I'm still using the disc version of the game but that information is around here somewhere.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:14 PM
In that case, I think I have the standalone version of SimPE. The file paths are correct, I'm sure of it.

Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:54 PM
I decided to take a screenshot of the filepath for one of the missing EPs, in this case it was University. It is in the attachments.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me get the missing objects to show, not only because I wanted to make the AL ceiling beam hood visible (which was why I started this thread in the first place), but also because as is, I can't clone any major and so I won't be able to create the major I had planned for the Space theme.
Screenshots

Instructor
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 1:48 AM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:01 AM.
I noticed that you don't have the Nvidia DDS tool installed. After I installed it, my objects showed up. I'm not at all a guru with SimPE but it works with displaying items. Maybe that might be the problem. Someone can jump in if I'm wrong. I think it has something to do with displaying textures in 3DS models.

It was asked about in this thread....
http://modthesims.info/t/485554

Link to download....
https://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools

Also, in the toolbar to the left in the preferences there is a System Check. Try running it.
And, I also noticed your direction to your folder for University at the end has EP1. I think it only needs to be directed to the main folder for the EP or SP, try taking off the EP1. I looked at my setup preferences. The only one I have using that is for Nightlife because I have Double Deluxe so it has EP2 at the end.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:17 AM
I will take a look at the Nvidia DDS Tools. As for the University folder, it has to be EP1 because I'm running the UC, so my folders are just folders of compilations. If I were to leave it at "University Life", that would lead to University, Teen Style Stuff and IKEA Stuff, as their folders are all located within the University Life compilation folder. Just like in Double Deluxe you have to specify "EP2" in the end because there's more than one pack, with the UC I think you have to as well, since the UC is just a compilation of compilations.

Instructor
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:56 AM
@Yvelotic2001 Sorry about that, my bad, I missed your mention about UC. Maybe the DDS Tools will help anyways. Did you try the System Check?
Alchemist
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:43 PM.
@Yvelotic2001 I'm not sure if I can help or not, but I am running the newest SimPE with UC and, I think, it's loading files properly (though I'm honestly not sure), so I thought I can, at least, share what mine is doing.

I have SimPE 0.75.1.31194 (alpha), that Quaxi released this year, here on post #83. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...319#post5338319

I do have DDS installed.

I used this download ExpansionsXREG_update from http://simscommunity.info/social/th...-time-use.4113/
and, before I did, I used a document compare to make sure it was not the same as the original and that the changes seemed to make sense.

After that I used the file paths on that same site and I did take the suggestion to "reset" posted above, though I don't know what it does. :P

It seems to work. If you think anything else might be helpful, I can take screenshots or check my setup for you, just let me know.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:55 PM
Thanks, @Sunrader , I downloaded the expansions.xreg file and now I have all the items showing.

Alchemist
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Thanks, @Sunrader , I downloaded the expansions.xreg file and now I have all the items showing.

That's great! Glad it helped.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:34 PM
Thanks heaps! I made the ceiling beam hood visible (and it works), here: https://yvltcims.tumblr.com/post/17...ny-contribution. Now, onto the major I go.

Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 8:30 PM
Default I'm Having the Same Problem as OP
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That's great! Glad it helped.

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Unfortunately I can't use SimPE V75. It finds the EPs and SPs in UC just fine straight out of the box. Unfortunately it throws an error when I try to do anything with it. Also the link you posted

https://simscommunity.info/social/t...t-time-use.4113

gives a Page Not Found error

Does anyone know where the fix is available now or if it works for SimPE V74? Does anyone have any idea how to set up SimPE V75 so it can find all of it's own files when it runs?
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 6:58 AM
If anyone else is having a problem using SimPE V.73xxx with Ultimate Collection (UC) the fix here

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=23081.0

worked for me. This is ONLY if you have UC and if you want SimPE V.73xxx to be able to find all of the objects in all of the EPs and SPs in UC. Follow the instructions EXACTLY. They are in the readme file.