Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Constant Sim Resetting On Certain Lots??
I'm posting because I'm wondering if anyone's ever heard of this before-- I did try removing the CC from my game and it did resolve the problem and I am aware of the method of finding bad/conflicting CC. But the thing is, the thing all these lots where there is constant resetting of sims have originated in another hood (though they were never played-- I just built them there and then threw them into the house bin) which seems very unusual to me. I have installed new CC, including globals, since the creation of that hood, but I haven't removed any, and any lots created in this hood work just fine without throwing up errors for me... so I'm wondering if anyone's ever heard of such an issue? Because CC or not, it's definitely related to the origin of these lots, that's the only thing they have in common besides, you know, the basic walls and so on. All the furniture is different, some cc some not, but they all have the problem. Rather than going through hours of CC sorting, halving, and launching, I've pretty much resolved to just creating all lots in this hood from scratch, that's fine... but I figured I'd also ask to see if anyone happens to have even just a hypothesis about how this might've been caused.

Thoughts?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:23 AM
Turn on debug mode and have the game generate an error message. You can post the logs here too.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:47 PM
I'd guess though that the problem originates in your moving occupied lots from one neighbourhood to another. Generally a bad idea. Did you go into the lots you moved and resave them?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:39 PM
They weren't occupied though, they say they built them and tossed them into the lot bin unplayed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:50 PM
Am I misunderstanding this bit:

"the thing all these lots where there is constant resetting of sims have originated in another hood (though they were never played-- I just built them there and then threw them into the house bin)"

What originated in another hood? It's very unclear.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Am I misunderstanding this bit:

"the thing all these lots where there is constant resetting of sims have originated in another hood (though they were never played-- I just built them there and then threw them into the house bin)"

What originated in another hood? It's very unclear.

Sorry, it was pretty late and I wasn't watching my sentence structure. My bad.

The lot was from another hood and it had never been occupied by anyone, and the sims were born and raised in the current hood/subhoods. Both on the lot they were born, the starter houses and apartments that originated in this hood they lived in before this point were fine. The're also fine on the lots I've since moved them into, also originating in this neighbourhood. When I tried to move them into these two houses from the other hood, all sims living on the lot were resetting every few minutes (exception: I never noticed the infant reset), though I wasn't in debug mode to say anything about whether visitors were also experiencing errors.

Right now I don't have the time to launch the game and see what the error messages say right now, but I'll do that tonight and post the results. I'll also probably go see if it's only lots from this particular other hood that are doing it or all lots from other hoods, and if they do it in their hood or origin or completely different hoods too.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:42 PM
Right - yeah that's odd and it does sound like something's gone wrong in the transfer. I build a lot of my lots that way and never have any trouble. Maybe try transferring the lots again and deleting the ones causing the issues.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:51 PM
were they built in a downloaded custom hood? It is possible that if you did, the downloaded custom hood was built with custom content you don't have, and passed its glitch along that way.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Nov 2017 at 8:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
I did try removing the CC from my game and it did resolve the problem and I am aware of the method of finding bad/conflicting CC.

If taking out all CC solves the problem, even on the lot you think might be borked, chances are there's one or more CC items that don't go well together. Find those items before trying to sort out any other bugs in your game.A mod can conflict with an item or another mod, there could be a GUID conflict between two objects, or an EP/SP conflict. Any of these can potentially work fine on one lot and cause troubles in another.

Maybe you've put the item that causes bugs into these lots - something similar happened to me once, all downloaded lots containing a particular item wouldn't even load.

Jump bugs in TS2 most often come from either borked objects/mods, or objects/mods trying (but failing) to use the same resources in a way the game doesn't allow. It's basically an inbuilt reset, and it's also what causes error messages to pop up in debug mode (non-debug=jump bugs, debug=error messages). In a game that works fine, you shouldn't get jump bugs or error messages often or at random.

Lots built in one neighborhood but never lived in should be safe to put in the lot bin for use in other neighborhoods. It's occupied lots and lots previously occupied by sims you need to worry about, and these should NOT be moved between 'hoods.

Sims shouldn't be moved between different hoods by any means, save from extracting them with SimPE, cloning in Bodyshop, (removing the extracted SimPE file), and making a new family in CAS.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:55 PM
Even though the lots were never occupied it might be worth cleaning of sim references.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~