Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Recolors for two items won't show in-game
I'm having a small issue where my game doesn't recognize recolors for two items. I'm no novice to installing and using CC in Sims games, so I've got plenty, and most of it is fine. There's only these two items giving issues: CatherineTCJD's Full-height Wall Poster, which recognizes half of the recolors she made for it and not the other half, and Phaenoh's Smallhouse Models End Table/Coffee Table/anything else wooden from that set since they're all slaved to each other, which recognizes Phaenoh's original recolors but not the lovely set of recolors that Michelle made.

I've redownloaded fresh files several times, but it doesn't help. I even re-installed a fresh copy of the CEP, even though I never suspected it as the issue since all my other CC is working fine. I have all expansions and stuff packs, so I shouldn't have any issues there. I delete my cache files regularly (every time I start up the game) so those shouldn't be giving issues either.

Another thing: I'm having the same issue on two computers. Both are running all expansions. One is a Windows 7 HP with an AMD processor and ATI Radeon graphics, the other is Windows 10 with an Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics, so they're very different, but both are experiencing the problem.

The only thing I haven't tried yet, and will in just a moment when my computer is done updating iTunes, is to remove all other CC and load up a test neighborhood to see if maybe there's a CC conflict. Anyone else have suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:41 PM
It's possible Michelle's recolors use some of the CEP extras that add subsets to various furniture (I'm not talking about those already included in the CEP). If so, only recolors for the original subsets would work for the slaved items. Do you have any examples (links) for the items causing problems?

For the full-height poster, are you sure the other half isn't for another mesh? If you add a link, I can check.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 7:26 PM
......You're brilliant and I love you and I owe you dinner. It never occurred to me that the meshes were different. So that one's working now! Yay! Thanks so much!

As for the Michelle recolors of the Phaenoh set, they do have the same subsets. They actually worked for me in the past, but then that computer (the Windows 7, I didn't have the Win 10 one at the time) ran into some problems and had to be restored to an earlier point. Then I redownloaded and they never worked again.

However, they seem to be working if there's no other CC. So I wonder if I just keep forcing he game to load those before adding my other CC back, it'll get the hint that they're there and stop overlooking them or something? Idk, worth a shot.