Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 9:11 AM Last edited by KHLVH : 2nd Jun 2005 at 9:21 AM.
splinter, The tree in the pool is a willow as shown in the screenshot. I tried to use Mike's pool cheat but for some reason could not get it to work so used this as a work around maybe I'll redo this lot later. Bad news, No updates today, My comp had a temper tantrum and crashed, I spent the better part of the day reloading all of my software and games. The worst part of it all is I just finished work on my Resume last Friday, and I hadn't made a backup copy yet. So it might be a couple of days till I get to any new lots for you guys. :sorry: Mikeyboo, Try placing lot 7 first then lot 5 that works for me. And sorry For making the Newbies so Well To Do I forgot to get rid of some of that extra cash before I uploaded them. OH and simgrl04, Thanks for the Heads up on the walls and floors. I think I'll edit the lots I've already done with the proper walls and floors in the next couple of days.

Get your fithy paws off of me you damn dirty ape!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 11:22 AM Last edited by Mikeyboo : 2nd Jun 2005 at 1:52 PM.
hehe, I think the person meant the Dolphin Shaped Hedge, I'm not too sure either about it 'cause like i said my ts1 disk has gone missing. Oh and the guy who done all the Bustin' Out lots (sorry im bad at names) Could you post a link to where you uploaded them ? I really want some of the lots they are really good. Ok I made Mellisa Roomie's Shorts last night and I plan on making her shirt today, Just chris's dress now . . If anyone can send me the Actual skin of Chris's dress from TS1 I would be very grateful, i really need it to make Chris 'cause i just can't get it. Ok well I'm off to make some more outfits, Ciao !

- - - -
Ok hehe, Ive just finished Daniel Pleasants and Jennifer Pleasants outfit, unfortonoutley cause there isn't any shorts i had to use a skirt but it looks ok. Ive done Mellisa, Bob, Betty, Daniel, Jennifer. All's I have to do now is Dianne, Jeff, Bella,Mortimer, Cassandra and Michael bachelor. Of course the other families from Unleashed but i'll work on them after ive done Sim Lane families. New colour of hair for Mellisa and Betty but not the same hairstyles the game used. When ive finished all the outfits I'll start putting the characters together.

Trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star, but I can't love you this much baby, and love you from this far
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 4:07 PM
Default Bustin' Out Lots
I haven't uploaded any of my Bustin' Out lots, but since you would like them I'll get on it now. Should take about 20 minutes or so. None of the lots are furnished and Pixel Acres doesn't have any trees. Trees can be a pain in the behind when you are trying to play a lot, so I'll let you place them yourself. I would also appreciate it if you let me know what you think about the Bustin' Out lots. Those were a lot harder to recreate than the origional Sims 1 lots. I had to get creative with the roof designs so they would look good from the neighborhood view.

To download my Bustin' Out lots go to the official Sims 2 website and look on my simpage. Hope you like them as much as I had fun building them. http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php If this link doesn't take you there just do a search. my name is danacnbrett.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:41 PM Last edited by KHLVH : 5th Jun 2005 at 7:03 PM. Reason: Removed to avoid more confusion
Mikeyboo, Sorry no way to attach to message, had to upload here. K

Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 11:32 PM
Wow! In TS1, it was alot easier to put the tree in the middle of the pool. In TS1, you just place the pool, press Ctrl and delete the middle of the pool, and plant the tree there. I just tested TS2 way, and I had no luck. The reason is because, the 3D sims actually swim with their whole body showing, while in TS1 they swim with only their top half showing. What's unusual about the way to place the tree in TS1, is that the pool must be flat in order to do that. Most pools aren't flat, but it's just a game! So, with the pool, I guess good 'ol "Move Objects on," will have to do.

P.S.- Thanks KHLVH for uploading the personalities in a text file. My names were scrunched up, making it hard to read. Sorry if my personality points post wasn't helpful! I also forgot to put their sign...For those of you working on the Sims themselves, you'll have to choose their aspiration by the way they acted in your TS1 game.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 7:09 AM
Default Pool Island
It is possible to get that island in the middle of the pool. It just takes a little figuring out. MikeInside's tutorial teaches you how to do it. It took me a little while to do it myself, but I did manage to build that island. The pool I built for 2 Sim Lane is exactly the same shape as the one from Sims 1. I'm not saying that you have to build that island though. If placing the tree with moveObjects on is good enough for you who am I to tell you that you have to change it. But if you are as anal retentive about detail as I am you might want to fiddle around with it. When I first built that lot I couldn't figure out how to build the island. For days I kept going back in and trying new things. Then I had a breakthrough and the island was born. I felt so relived that I had finally gotten it to work.

If you don't have time to do it and you really want the island in the middle of the pool, feel free to download my lot and include it in your neighborhood. You can change it any way you want and you can offer it for download to others. A lot of people are waiting for this project to be compleated and want the neighborhood to look as close as possible to the origional. Also feel free to take what you want from my simpage to speed up your work. Happy Simming everyone.
Inventor
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 1:24 PM
you know, i never looked at timewarp. i just saw the post count and the date of thread and didn't bother. this is way better
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 3:52 PM Last edited by KHLVH : 3rd Jun 2005 at 3:54 PM.
danacnbrett, were you able to get the island to work properly? If so could you show a screenie? I tried for about a good hour and a half messing around with that, before giving up and using the Moveobjects cheat to get something close. If you do have the genuine article I would gladly use your's in place of mine for accurecy's sake, If that's ok with you. K

Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 5:29 PM
I have some really good news, and some bad news, good news is ive finished the pleasant, Roomies and Bachelor (bin) families, outfits, personalities, and interest. The bad news is I don't know how to upload them haha. Can any of you guys tell me how, without having to upload them as a sim with the custom stuff, or would you mind if i put them in lots that K has made ? I'm not sure what you want It's just i have no idea at all how to upload them just as families without the lot, so they will appear in the family bin . . I'm lost, can someone point me in the right direction ?

Trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star, but I can't love you this much baby, and love you from this far
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 7:26 AM Last edited by danacnbrett : 4th Jun 2005 at 7:50 AM.
Here are a couple of snapshots of the island pool. If you like it you are free to use it in your project. You can also change the house anyway you want. Feel free to use anything you want from my Simpage in you project. Change it however you want. Everything there is very close to the origionals, but if you can improve on it you are free to do so. If there is anything else I can help with I will try to give you a hand. Recreating the origional neighborhood took me months to finish, but it was a labor of love.

P.S. I used the blue tile instead of the terracotta tile because I thought it looked better. As I stated above, feel free to change it if you want it to look more like the origional.

P.S.S. I just uploaded all of the Downtown lots from Hot Date that I recreated. If anyone is interested in looking at them you can find them on my simpage. If you like them and want to add them to your neighborhood you are welcome to them. The restaurants wook semi-well. Just get your Sim to influence the clerk to serve a meal and then wait for the person you invited to eat. When Nightlife is released I plan on transplanting these lots to a new Downtown location and refurnishing them to take advantage of the new objects.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 2:54 PM
Everyone I have a suprise for you

Unfortonoutley there is no way to export a family, just a family, so ya'll can download it into the family bin so me and K came with the conclusion that they would have to be put in the smallest lot, uploaded. Then when people download them, they can just move them out the lot and into the bin. So, a voila ! Here are the three bin families, personalities, skills, looks, clothes, (most clothes but some i couldn't do). Ok here are the highly anticipated Pleasant's, Bachelor and Roomies.

I hope you guys like them, I tried hard on them, Oh, and if you guys like theese ones just tell me and I'll gladly make all the other families from Simsville.

If your new to downloading, then here's how to get thim in your lots/houses bin, save them to My Documents>EA Games> The Sims 2> Downloads then extract them there, you will need WinRAR to extract them. Enjoy ! =)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Bachelor Family.rar (1.02 MB, 220 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  The Pleasant Family.rar (2.32 MB, 233 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  The Roomies Family.rar (1.06 MB, 251 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 3:51 PM Last edited by micl2u : 4th Jun 2005 at 3:54 PM.
These lots are great....will take em. Thanks

Has anyone layed out a neighborhood (road,bridge,river) like the original TS1....the very first one with 10 lots?
Inventor
#38 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 3:57 PM
Micl2u, on the first page of this thread, they have a link to one.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 4:12 AM
were do you put the personallities at?

btw are you going to make the sims unlaeshed lots to
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 7:19 AM
OMG! These are great! Thanks a bunch! Kool, I believe they are making the Unleashed lots, also.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 8:11 AM
Kool4ya91. I have already compleated all of the Unleashed lots. They are on my simpage at the official Sims 2 website. http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php
Test Subject
#42 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:33 PM
with all due respect dana, please don't post links to your lots because this isn't your project, It's K's and he's the one making the unleashed lots =) But it's cool to know you have made some too ! Hope you guys liked my bin families, I might make the Unleashed families if you like them, did you ? hehe

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 3:54 PM
Quote:
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files! Personaliteis.rar (599 Bytes, 13 downloads) (How do I install this .rar custom content?)

Mikeyboo, Sorry no way to attach to message, had to upload here. K

Were does this go on my pc?

jw
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 5:35 PM
oh, haha kool don't worry about that, it was for me, me and K are working together and I'm making all the characters but I couldnt get the personalities for myself so he put them in a .txt file for me. It's nothing special It's just all the families personality points and what not. Hehe.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 7:45 PM
Actually, Mickeyboo I asked danacnbrett about the lots he's already completed. If they're of the quality that I think they are then I think that they would be a welcome addition to this project and hasten it's completion. So the more the merrier. I'm downloading them now to check them out, if their Ok, and dana OK's it I'll upload them here. Dana send me a message to let me know what you think about all of this. K
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:18 PM Last edited by KHLVH : 5th Jun 2005 at 9:26 PM.
Ok after placing the lots in the N99 neighborhood you can realy see just how out of scale the map is to the original map. This is something I will be tackeling later on when this project is closer to completion. Right now I'm more concerned with getting the lots and charictures as accurite as possible. Ok spelling isn't great at times, but you get the point. Any way here's the screenies for comparision.... As you can see the new map is much too spread out compared to the original. I will correct this later. K

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:37 PM
i have a queston! are you going to make the whole neighbor hood with all the memories and put the whole neighborhood up for download?

btw if i can help in any way please tell me!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:37 PM
I downloaded the UL lots, but I don't know where to place them. I am using the terrain from SimEstates. Can someone please help me out? Thanks. BTW, I am so thrilled this is finally happening. You are all wonderful. Thank you for your work and sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:32 PM
SimEstates neighbourhood isn't very accurate, there is another somebody else made (check the first page of the thread). Ok so K I havent had any feedback from the whole, Family bin families I made so I don't know if people did/didn't like them, it would be a real help if they could tell me please, that is, if anyone downloaded them . . Send me a pm with your opinions on them as soon as you can please KH.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:35 PM
I am aware that this is KHLVH's project, but I thought I would give him a hand and post a direct link to my simpage to help out. He's free to use anything he wants there and he is also free to alter it any way he sees fit. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for this and if my lots help speed things up I'm happy to contribute.
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: ancient thread
Page 2 of 8