Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:30 PM
Default Custom Houses question
I wanted to put some custom houses in my sims, now I know they have to go into the tray folder instead of mods but when I unzip the files and start placing in the tray folder when it says the files are already there and do I want to replace them. My question is for every house I try and put it, it wants to replace those files even if I just put some in so is that normal or am I not doing something right? All the files are named the same so before I completely screw up my game I figured I would ask first.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 5:15 PM
Have you tested if the house is available? My tray folder is full of crap, but all the files have different numbers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 5:49 PM
I did it from the the sims resource so im assuming they would be correct
dodgy builder
#4 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 8:15 PM
You say you used the TSR CC manager? I don't know how that work. I always download from the download button and pick it up in my downloads folder on my comp. From there I just put them in the tray folder and unzip them there.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 8:21 PM
It is fully possible though, that the creator has done something wrong when collecting the files. I would just try'n figure out if I have something wrong, and if that's not the case, then it might be the creator. It wouldn't surprice me if TSR had some sort of quality control as well.

You could download my house on TSR here

I still have the zip I uploaded.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:50 AM
Yeah I realized I did it right lol the houses were there all along, i just missed them lol thank you though