Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:32 AM Last edited by zystem : 7th Mar 2019 at 4:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Disappearing homework
My Sim's homework keeps disappearing the second they get off the bus. I have a family of three teens. Here's what happens:
The first teen gets off the bus. They pull out the report card and look at it. In the middle of gazing at it, the bus blips out of existence and the teen is no longer holding the report card, and the two other teens are somewhere else on the lot. In this case, they were having a pillow fight.
Because of this, they cannot put down their homework, so their grades drop. Everyone who has played the Sims 2 knows what happens when grades drop: Social Worker.

This started happening after I downloaded a new set of custom content. So, I decided to look through my content with the Clean Installer, and I removed anything that was labelled harmful. This did not change anything.
I have Googled this issue and have found no solution. Am I doomed?

EDIT: The solution is in the replies! I'd like to give a special thanks to joandsarah77 for finding the solution.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:38 AM
Is there a parent anywhere? it could be the 'get parent' bug. if the parent is on another lot, turned into a townie the game looks for the parent to show the homework too and not finding one it jumps. There is a fix for that, I think on SimBology. The SW couldn't care less about teens, they can fail out for all she cares. She only takes babies, toddlers and kids.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is there a parent anywhere? it could be the 'get parent' bug. if the parent is on another lot, turned into a townie the game looks for the parent to show the homework too and not finding one it jumps. There is a fix for that, I think on SimBology. The SW couldn't care less about teens, they can fail out for all she cares. She only takes babies, toddlers and kids.

Hm, maybe that's an issue. While there adults there, neither of them are the parents, if I remember correctly. I killed the parents. (The family was is just a goofy family I made with a friend and myself.)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:28 AM
Here you go, took a bit of finding. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0 try that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:01 AM
Oh I am so so so grateful and glad right now... It worked! I have never been this glad! Thank you so much!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:08 AM
Yah! Glad to hear that worked. :D

~Call me Jo~