Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 10:27 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 8th Apr 2006 at 5:40 PM.
Default MESH TOOL HELP (please post new questions/problems about the mesh tool in here)
Closing this thread. One sticky thread for meshtool is enough at this point, there are other tools we're using more.

-- end edit by Tiggerypum April 2006 ---

Thought it was time for a new thread as the old one was getting so long.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 10:51 PM
Someone should lock the other one.....
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eriksrocks
Someone should lock the other one.....

I was going to , the thing is there are still some questions/problems which haven`t been answered in there yet, so I was going to wait untill they are answered, and hope in the mean time that people post any new questions/problems in here.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 12:54 AM
Something went wrong in the old thread..... your post didn't show up. Even though you posted, mine like overwrited yours or something..... weird....

Unless... wait, can you see your post? I can see mine but not yours. Maybe it's just me?

EDIT: Also, you should move the "sticky post" that contains the FAQ over here...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 4:54 AM
Is there any new tutorial or instructions about the Advance Mode of Mesh Tool?
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunair
Is there any new tutorial or instructions about the Advance Mode of Mesh Tool?
Thanks

well to continu me part in the old thread . have have made a new (i have edited a old and exsiting object) had the modle is not showing up in the game (the game sees it as a new object but it doesn't show eny shape)

no ears
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:01 AM
I'm having the opposite problem Dean - shape but no texture, I can't seem to get the UV map in the thing which is some wonkiness with my process of creating the thing in Max *sigh*
Its one of those things where I'm sure one day I'll look back and laugh at myself for being so stupid :smash:

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:29 PM
Default A Question for people who knows SimPE ?
Good evening everybody :howdy:

- Does anybody know when 'this' or another new toturial will be abel to help me in creating new mesh'es for my Sims2, - with the New SimPE ?

Have a great night or day

WindBlower
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:55 AM
hey but back to me q why doesn't my (edited) 3d model not show up i'll add the file so you can have a look . this is not a fined model so don't download it if you want to just have it as a new model. reson= it doesn't work
Attached files:
File Type: zip  deandebeste_strangeshapestable.zip (27.7 KB, 90 downloads) - View custom content

no ears
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 9:18 AM
Dean I had a quick look, there are 2 non-shadow meshes in there, one is the original surface of the maxis table and the second was a pyramid1 mesh - neither showed up the preview and SimPE promptly crashed at that point. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this but that might ring some bells with someone else.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pistachio
Dean I had a quick look, there are 2 non-shadow meshes in there, one is the original surface of the maxis table and the second was a pyramid1 mesh - neither showed up the preview and SimPE promptly crashed at that point. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this but that might ring some bells with someone else.

i had the same thing but thank you for your help. does enybody know how to solve this and if so can the tell met what to do the next time.
thank you for your time so far
regardes Dean

no ears
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pistachio

what are
Quote:
shadow meshes?
. and how do i make them?

no ears
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:40 PM
As in where objects have seperate meshes for ground shadow, wall shadows etc, they're just flat boxes that have a grey transparent appearance in game so that when objects are placed on a floor or next to a wall they give the appearance of casting a shadow. You don't need to make them, you can not bother including them in your cloned object. My first couple of attempts at doing this I've exported all the .obj's in the gdmc opened them up in Milkshape, from that I've exported just the single mesh that is the actual object itself - creating my new object, then importing that back into my milkshape file, deleting the original object I don't want and then importing all the shadow files and the new object mesh back into the package file in SimPE. This may not be a good way of doing things but as I say I've only just starting doing this myself and I'm still making lots of mistakes and not many new objects.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:59 PM Last edited by dean de beste : 16th Mar 2005 at 7:03 PM.
well i'm a magor beginner to the howle modding aspect ( i wanted to mod the sims 1 and all of the ep's but i couldn't finde a toll to do it with so i was stukt to downloading other people's cheations (not that there's any thing worng with that) but with the cumming of the sims 2 i found a hole new word for the sims (2) that i only knew of befor but now i'm a part of that world. sooo any way does any body know a easyer way to do this ( not that pisasio's way was not exseped by me (the only thing is that when i have to do a long proses i for get nerly evry thing)

no ears
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 9:00 PM
Hi everybody out there

I am having one problem with my 'new-created' mesh,

when using the toturial, I can't get it to show me my edited mesh -(and not the original mesh)

I am using SimPE newest meshTool and Milkshape.

Please can anybody help me with this problem ?

windBlower
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WindBlower
Hi everybody out there

I am having one problem with my 'new-created' mesh,

when using the toturial, I can't get it to show me my edited mesh -(and not the original mesh)

I am using SimPE newest meshTool and Milkshape.

Please can anybody help me with this problem ?

windBlower

came down and just look at the other post. oh shit it's lat and i have to go to bed now .

no ears
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 12:26 AM
Default mess tool and simpe
I have been using SimPE for a while now along with Pain Shop 7 and doing very well with them. I am new to the mess tool and want to edit the objets or create new ones for my site. Where would a beginner start using Milkshape?

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:07 AM
Dear JM23

The way I learn a new program, Is by just 'using' it.

Have you ever used a 3D program (even the ones back in the 3d studio times? )
Because it is the same layout (user-interface) as these older versions. (4 windows showing the 'obejct' from two sides and the Top and often a 'perspecktive' window)

Sorry for my bad spelling.

WindBlower
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:18 AM
My chair is *almost* done. I used the UVMapper to create a map which made the object recognize the proper mapping. This, ofcourse, led to a problem.

Problems:
1. If you download, you will find that the object in the medu appears blue (but it isn't when you place it). Now the shadow is blue. I would like to know if the shadow is blinky blue would the entire object appear blinky blue in the thumbnail? If this is true, then disregard this problem and onto the next.
2. I feel that the reason why the shadow is blinky blue is because the UVMap was integrated into the object and includes the shadow. So the shadow is linked to the original shadow which it will not take since the shadow was UVed onto the main UV map. Is there anyway I can seperate the shadow UV and the object UV, so that the shadow keeps its standard UV? Or better said, how would I make an object have a UV for each of its texture?

Also, is it neccesary to take Numenor's color options tutorial A. I dont quite understand if that could be the answer to my problems or what it will do. I know the B tutorial is for linking color options, which I have already tried sucessfully and found that it would not work for me. :confused:

Ive been toying with this all day.

Thank You
Attached files:
File Type: zip  customchairv4.zip (80.9 KB, 27 downloads) - View custom content

www.thesimszone.com
"Unless people are educated, they will be susceptible to the propaganda of jehadi forces. Illiteracy is a fertile soul for the growth of fundamentalism"
Field Researcher
#20 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 5:49 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize that new questions were supposed to be posted here, so I am reposting my message in this thread.

Miche - Can you take a look at this mesh for me?

I am getting an error when I try to open my package file or when I replace the gmdc with my new one. I also get the error when I try to preview my mesh. Here is the error I'm getting:

I'm not sure what is wrong with it. I attached my files. :confused:

Thanks~FG
Attached files:
File Type: zip  meshissue.zip (1.13 MB, 55 downloads) - View custom content

~faeriegurl~
Sims 2 Creations - http://www.sims2creations.com

faerie's blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enchantedrealm/
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 11:19 AM
Default dear faeriegurl
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegurl
Sorry, I didn't realize that new questions were supposed to be posted here, so I am reposting my message in this thread.

Miche - Can you take a look at this mesh for me?

I am getting an error when I try to open my package file or when I replace the gmdc with my new one. I also get the error when I try to preview my mesh. Here is the error I'm getting:

I'm not sure what is wrong with it. I attached my files. :confused:

Thanks~FG

- Are you having Body shop open in the background, when you try to save ?
Because When I get the same msg. I am having both programs open.

Hope I was abel to help

WindBlower
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 8:51 PM Last edited by faeriegurl : 18th Mar 2005 at 9:07 PM.
No I always close Body Shop before I open SimPE.

I also wanted to add that when I click OK after receiving the 1st error, then this pops up:

~faeriegurl~
Sims 2 Creations - http://www.sims2creations.com

faerie's blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/enchantedrealm/
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 9:24 PM
Default Good evening
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegurl
No I always close Body Shop before I open SimPE.

I also wanted to add that when I click OK after receiving the 1st error, then this pops up:

I am sorry but I am also very new to editing mesh'es, And I havent had that prolem Sorry

WindBlower
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 11:58 AM
Miche, though it seems that it is irrelevant to this topic, I post it here as I guess you are the one most likely know the answer and it is somehow related to the mesh tool.
I want to convert obj into .xsi with milkshape and then edit it in xsi mod tool. I got problem of the settings when I import and export .xsi.
The settings I chosen are shown here. Are they ok?

http://www.modthesims2.com/attachme...tid=43884&stc=1

http://www.modthesims2.com/attachme...tid=43885&stc=1
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 4:43 AM
faeriegurl, could you resize that pic? It's kind of messing up and reformatting the forum. :p
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: one meshtool thread is plenty
Page 1 of 11