Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#11501 Old 13th May 2019 at 4:01 PM
Kleptomaniacs can steal spiral staircases. If they do so they can then proceed to walk on an invisible staircase as if it's still there.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11502 Old 17th May 2019 at 7:49 PM
Today I learned that while at university, on the Saturday after the finals, you can enroll in university at the administration center.
How long have I've been playing this game and didn't know that?!

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#11503 Old 26th May 2019 at 8:10 PM
That sims can express their worries about money if they have low enough.
Scholar
#11504 Old 28th May 2019 at 5:08 PM
You can create a great preppy seersucker effect by using long two-toned wood grain. Don Lothario now looks like he's off to break some hearts in the Hamptons!
Mad Poster
#11505 Old 28th May 2019 at 6:37 PM
Wait.....come again on that? Thin stripes have always been hard to achieve on Sims due to the low texture resolution. What did you recommend?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11506 Old 28th May 2019 at 7:40 PM
You know how some people use the metal textures to create a satin look for formal wear? If you pick the very orange skinny grained wood texture, it has a two toned pattern and if you apply it to clothes it looks like seersucker. Here's Don in the WA French suit done up as blue seersucker.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11507 Old 28th May 2019 at 7:45 PM
I don't, actually, but I might look into that as well. Might try this one in my game, it looks good.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11508 Old 29th May 2019 at 12:09 AM
Metal as satin is great for those ITF dresses! Also bridal or prom looks and ties. It can be fun to experiment with different textures for pockets, lapels, epaulets, and tabs.
Mad Poster
#11509 Old 30th May 2019 at 10:47 AM
Don't put two Great Kissers and a Hopeless Romantic in the same house. The first Great Kisser that gets the Hopeless Romantic will bond with them and if there is an attempt from the second, the Hopeless Romantic will reject the second one, complete with "Creeped Out" moodlet.

Wanted to try it and this was my results.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#11510 Old 30th May 2019 at 4:09 PM
My sims "Toured the Mausoleum" with a friend who is also a vampire. He tried to "Make Out" with her, but instead ran out naked and embarrasses. Hadn't seen that one before.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#11511 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 3:47 PM
The large dog bed are absolutely massive. You could fit 2 GSDs there
https://imgur.com/WMNDS3C

Also, the haunted house has a Frankenstein's monster that looks like green Ned Flanders.
Mad Poster
#11512 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 3:55 PM
My dog insists on sleeping on a human-sized mattress. It absolutely kills my poor mother's sleep but thunder, darkness and solitude terrify the fuzzball to death and back so the middle ground is to let him sleep in the room, on an old mattress. But of course, despite being 12 years old, he runs around for several hours every night and insists on going downstairs at 6 in the morning.....and opening doors still requires some human intervention.

My experiences with pets in TS3 are severely limited but I wonder if they're even half as problematic as my real, terrified, overly excitable ball of fuzz.

insert signature here
Scholar
#11513 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
My experiences with pets in TS3 are severely limited but I wonder if they're even half as problematic as my real, terrified, overly excitable ball of fuzz.

I had a dog in game that I eventually had to give up for adoption because he would sleep in the middle of the hallway between the stairs and that bathroom and would pee everywhere despite having the "neat" trait. I was complaining about this to my mother one day and she said, "Can't they just step over him?" No, Mom, that would make too much sense. Can sims step over stray objects in the Sims 4? I think that might be the one thing that could tip the balance in its favor.
Scholar
#11514 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 2:34 PM
I had my sim break up with his girlfriend via text, because she was a snob and never wanted to spend time with him. Yet I didn't want them to be enemies so I had him call her, but she kept saying she didn't want to talk to him so stop calling. So I had him visit her house. When she came out to immediately slap him her mood interaction said she thought Minoru (my Sims name) was being scary! I didn't know Sims were programmed to understand stalker level behavior.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#11515 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 3:06 PM
That doesn't sound like anything that's ever happened in my game. Jeez that's specific.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#11516 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I had my sim break up with his girlfriend via text, because she was a snob and never wanted to spend time with him. Yet I didn't want them to be enemies so I had him call her, but she kept saying she didn't want to talk to him so stop calling. So I had him visit her house. When she came out to immediately slap him her mood interaction said she thought Minoru (my Sims name) was being scary! I didn't know Sims were programmed to understand stalker level behavior.

There's a lot that goes into the Sims A.I. gone unrecognized by some. Though, I feel like because TS3 A.I. seems so underrated it seems in general that the majority don't even know just how mature, realistic and intellectual this A.I. is compared to any Sims game I have ever played. This isn't anything that surprises me as I observe all kinds of human-like behaviors and thought patterns from my Sims all the time which is why TS3 never bores me because gameplay is dynamic not static.

In fact, what little I did learn from the A.I. designer of TS3 himself is that one of his goals was to create a game that can consistently engage players to keep coming back for long-term gameplay and to prevent boredom/static gameplay. While I am still fond of TS and TS2 and feel those are some of the best games ever created, those games can no longer hold my attention span no where near as much as TS3 does which is 10+ years old now. There's a few other things he mentioned about what his main goals were for TS3 and pretty much confirms that I'm not imagining the human-like behaviors or thought patterns and the A.I. is designed to be exactly what it was created for...LIFE SIMULATOR.
Scholar
#11517 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 6:01 PM
I've definitely had the message "X thinks Sim is being creepy," but never scary. I just had an inactive break up with my sim for the first time the other day. He broke up with her to get back with his ex, apparently third time's the charm? She keeps bouncing back and forth between him and his best friend like a demented ping pong ball.
Scholar
#11518 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 5:46 AM
You can build down in houseboats!! I was building a houseboat and feeling annoyed that it was looking like a garbage barge, when I noticed the basement button wasn't deactivated. I drew a basement and It was a normal basement. Houseboats don't have to look so weird and stupid! We can build below deck! I didn't check how many levels or anything, but I'm gonna experiment with it tomorrow. Also you can CAST the hull of the ship.
Scholar
#11519 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 9:30 AM
I did discover that the personal trait "Never naked" (or whatever the english term is) really ment that literally. I gave a female sim that trait and thought it was just in terms of being nude in front of other sims but she did wear her swimwear in the shower.
Mad Poster
#11520 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I did discover that the personal trait "Never naked" (or whatever the english term is) really ment that literally. I gave a female sim that trait and thought it was just in terms of being nude in front of other sims but she did wear her swimwear in the shower.

That entire trait is a joke, actually a nod to a character from a show called Arrested Development. Apparently some players like it anyway, but many of us find it very annoying.
Mad Poster
#11521 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:27 AM
A reference to famed analrapist (one word, mind you) Tobias Fünke, yes.

insert signature here
Scholar
#11522 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 1:42 PM
It's fun to combine Never Nude with Insane. Then you get sims bathing in ballgowns.
Field Researcher
#11523 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 1:46 PM
Excuseme, there are dozens of us.. DOZENS who happen to love it!

So, after all these years I finally learned there are earthquakes in the sims. And the firefighter profession is probably one of the best careers in this whole franchise. Too bad small fires are buggy but all the special scenarios are amazing. I'm starting to think that all the early EPs are the best ones.

I also noticed that I had accidentally backed up my game files (from program files) in the user folder (in documents). So for months, I have had 6GB of extra junk just loading there with TS3 whenever I played. One could think that I would have gotten suspicious of my whole user folder being 10GB while fiddling with ramdisk and I only had one save and less than 2gb CC but NO.
Mad Poster
#11524 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 1:55 PM
.....Earth.......quakes?

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#11525 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 2:04 PM
The ground doesn't rip if you're thinking of that but it is a really fun scenario to deal with as a firey
Page 461 of 490