Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Completing Opportunities
Anyone having issues with opportunities working correctly? I was playing my sim yesterday in the Music career track. She had an opportunity that if she gained a guitar skill and returned to the theater, her boss would give her a new composition. Well, I did as required, but nothing happened. I even worked on getting another skill point so she had five, but still nothing. Thoughts?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
I had an opportunity like that, and it said something like "gain skill and go back to the theater and talk to your boss to complete".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
Yup, that was what I was told to do, too. So, I would go to work, but nothing happened.

BUT... AHA... I just figured it out while I was playing! Once I was at work, I went out to city view and clicked on the theater. There, amongst the options, was the choice to complete the Opportunity!! Yay!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:40 AM
My one sim in the Military career had a very similar one to that. he had to gain athletic skill and report back to his boss...

I found that I had no options when I tried to click on his work building (for the opportunity that is) so I shrugged and didn't worry about it. The very next time he had to work, I got the completion of the opportunity.

Has your Sim gone in for a normal work day yet? If not, this could be what it is. If you they have been to work, then I don't know what to tell you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharleeRose
My one sim in the Military career had a very similar one to that. he had to gain athletic skill and report back to his boss...

I found that I had no options when I tried to click on his work building (for the opportunity that is) so I shrugged and didn't worry about it. The very next time he had to work, I got the completion of the opportunity.

Has your Sim gone in for a normal work day yet? If not, this could be what it is. If you they have been to work, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, she had been through her normal work day several times and still nothing automatically happened. Not sure why. The one where the Opportunity did work was when she was asked to fill in for someone in the orchestra.

The mystery continues...
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:21 PM
I have run into similar problems (in Riverview), my sim has the special gardening opportunity called Outstandingly Rare, where I am to "deliver produce", in this case, 10 excellent quality cheese (yes, cheese... from a gardening...).
I have gotten a good 2-3 times more than is needed so far, and still the option to 'deliver produce' does not appear.

Clicking on the opportunity icon that points to the diner just gives the 'default' options for the diner, ,those of eat, drink, take cooking class, and apply for job.

My sim does not work, the majority of their income comes from their gardening, so the opportunity is not 'job' related, but it is still a case of an opportunity not being able to be completed even though the requirements have been met.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
I have run into a similar problem for a cooking opportunity. I was to bake two group servings of cookies and deliver them to a school for a bake sale. I have completed both batches, and I can't find out how to deliver them. The school itself doesn't show up in the town, and there is no delivery option for the cookies, the sim who cooked them, or the task itself. I've saved the game, but I'm unwilling to re-enter that game unless I know how to complete the task. (It's complicated by the fact that the sim's partner's favorite food is cookies; I have to keep killing his desire to eat them.)
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:25 AM
I've completed all the challenges that you guys are having problems with. Since the game is so new, and EA is known to have intermittent bugginess with their products, it *might* be a game bug. But, I'm betting on player error. ( IIRC, the Orchestra one is only available at certain times. You have to keep looking for it in map view.)

Try posting in our social area to see if someone else has had accomplished the Opportunities.

Quote: Originally posted by yahoo1234
I have run into a similar problem for a cooking opportunity. I was to bake two group servings of cookies and deliver them to a school for a bake sale. I have completed both batches, and I can't find out how to deliver them. The school itself doesn't show up in the town, and there is no delivery option for the cookies, the sim who cooked them, or the task itself. I've saved the game, but I'm unwilling to re-enter that game unless I know how to complete the task. (It's complicated by the fact that the sim's partner's favorite food is cookies; I have to keep killing his desire to eat them.)

Now this...this is a game problem. If the school does not show up on your game map, odds are you have a bad install. Other than backing up your data (in my docs) and any other custom content you may have installed, and reinstalling, we really don't know what to do...yet.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Now this...this is a game problem. If the school does not show up on your game map, odds are you have a bad install. Other than backing up your data (in my docs) and any other custom content you may have installed, and reinstalling, we really don't know what to do...yet.

Nope, it was operator error. The problem was a combination of not knowing that I could drag food from the counter into my backpack (personal inventory) and b) not seeing the school on the map (because it's so far away from all of the other group buildings, I missed it the first couple of times that I looked for it). Oh, well. Sorry for the confusion.